Speciality Dining - What is Open Now?

Orianababes

4 hours ago, PJ's said:

Is the Ocean Grill on Arcadia open yet? Due to sail on her at the beginning of October and fingers crossed the restaurant will be open.

Not on last cruise a couple of weeks ago, but not due to staff shortages, I think, but maybe supply problems. 

I recall being asked to update on Aurora:

- Sindhu open.  

- Beach House open.

- Glass House open, but not offering food (beyond cheese, all cruise).

- All bars seemingly open.

Aurora does not sail "full," even though she is "sold out," not 100% sure on pax numbers.

Other points of interest:

- Entertainment (daytime) - cut whilst in port today (no quizzes and such like).

- Remember to request toast at breakfast.

- Glass House cut out of drinks programme.

- Pagers have made a return for all meals apart from lunch and it seems as if the afternoon tea isn't on. 🤦

Good cruise so far, shop and facilities looking fine overall.  Regards from Cartegena!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

- Sindhu open.  

- Beach House open.

Aurora does not sail "full," even though she is "sold out," not 100% sure on pax numbers.

- Entertainment (daytime) - cut whilst in port today (no quizzes and such like).

- Pagers have made a return for all meals apart from lunch and it seems as if the afternoon tea isn't on. 🤦

Good cruise so far, shop and facilities looking fine overall.  Regards from Cartegena!

Thanks for posting this info.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, No pager thank you said:

- Sindhu open.  

- Beach House open.

Thanks for an excellent report. I think it was me that asked and I really appreciate it.  Whilst glass house food was my prize this sounds like a pretty good offering and if we can get a nice bottle in the glass house then that’s not too bad.  Enjoy the rest of your cruise.  Have you sampled any of the speciality restaurants that are open yet? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, galeforce9 said:

Thanks for an excellent report. I think it was me that asked and I really appreciate it.  Whilst glass house food was my prize this sounds like a pretty good offering and if we can get a nice bottle in the glass house then that’s not too bad.  Enjoy the rest of your cruise.  Have you sampled any of the speciality restaurants that are open yet? 

No problem - not yet in terms of the specialty restaurants, we have them both booked this weekend coming and looking forward to them.

As reassurance, we didn't have any issues with booking either.

Noticeably, there is no "pushing" going on for these specialty restaurants (or the on the board retail offer, beyond the usual daily 25% sales) - stock levels look quite tight (a few items/sizes unavailable at the start of the cruise from items we asked about).  Spa being pushed as normal too. 

• Like 1

We have family on the Azura at the moment, the epicurean restaurant is closed and has been for a few weeks according to some of the staff , they have booked sindhu and the beach house , and have been to the glass house a few times.

The glass house is at the moment serving food but no details as to when the epicurean will open. A shame about the epicurean as we have dined there quite a few times and on other ships and our relatives have not as this is their first P&O, they are quite disappointed as we have always said how we enjoyed it there, but other then that they are enjoying themselves.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, BouncingWheel said:

Is the removal of Afternoon Tea in the MDR now across the fleet or just Aurora?

We've just disembarked from Britannia today, and it was only available in the buffet (rubbish) and as a paid-for event in the Epicurean 

• Thanks 4

On 10/2/2022 at 5:22 PM, TigerB said:

We've just disembarked from Britannia today, and it was only available in the buffet (rubbish) and as a paid-for event in the Epicurean 

Oh thats terrible - I thought they had announced this was coming back? We're on Ventura on 22nd Oct and was looking forward to that! 

On 10/2/2022 at 10:09 AM, amfc_lenny said:

Ventura just come off yesterday

glasshouse no food

beach house, epicurean and sindhu all at reduced capacity

We've had an email from P&O regarding this weekend's sailing on Ventura saying they h ave 'supply challenges'.  I have no idea what's coming next!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Cathygh said:

Can someone let me know what is open on Azura please?

Mrs RR and I were on Azura 2 weeks ago and all the speciality restaurants were open. We ate twice in Sindhu - superb - & twice in the Glass House - excellent. We don't like Epicurean so didn't bother, but it was definitely open.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Red Ray said:

Mrs RR and I were on Azura 2 weeks ago and all the speciality restaurants were open. We ate twice in Sindhu - superb - & twice in the Glass House - excellent. We don't like Epicurean so didn't bother, but it was definitely open.

Thank you

On Azura now and can confirm that everything is open, although we've been told at reduced capacity.

Glass House is only doing food in the evening and not lunch time. Not sure if this is normal.

Have had no problems booking so far.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2