Cl;ub class dining on Sky Princess

Traderboy

I am a little confused about Club class dining on Sky Princess.

Is it in Estrella MDR?

The reason I ask is tied up with the Medallion App.  We are dining club class yet the APP asks me to book a reservation in Estrella or Ceilo. Surely this is a mistake or is it saying that I can choose not to eat Club class?   I don't think so after paying extra for club class!

Is it best to just ignore the APP as far as possible?

Incidentally what extra things are available in the Club Class restaurant.  I heard that freshly squeezed orange can be ordered. Is this correct?

Is breakfast at all similar to  the special room (Marko Pierre white) on P & O?  This provides a completel;y different menu to that in the ordinary MDR.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Club Class has the same menu as the rest of the MDR, with the possible exception of an additional item or two. The food is prepared in the same kitchen, so there's generally no difference in the food.

However, the service is better. It combines the best of traditional dining (with the same group of waiters who get to know you) and anytime dining (with no wait). I believe the service is better than the rest of the MDR, since there are fewer diners per waiter and since the head waiter and the waiters get to know you.

You do not need to make a reservation in the DMW app for Club Class. When I went into the app, it recognized that I had Club Class and stated not to make a reservation. Please do not make a reservation in the MDR (unless you want to share a table with someone not in Club Class) or you will take up two tables - one in Club Class and one with your reservation. The only reason for someone in Club Class to use the DMW app is to reserve specialty restaurants.

The special breakfast with a different menu on Princess is in a specialty restaurant for suite passengers only. The food and service there is fantastic, but it is for suite passengers only. That's why you won't see many suite passengers in Club Class for breakfast.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Traderboy said:

Thank you to you both . I am now a lot clearer. 

We are in a suite and therefore will enjoy breakfast in Sabatinis. Also lunch on sea days, if that is correct?

Estrella MDR for Club Class sea day Lunch.  Enjoy your cruise.

Edited to add, Don’t forget Sky Princess has a Concierge Lounge, for suite passengers, something I’ve never seen on P&O, with drinks and snacks available  

Edited by Pink-belle

The best thing I liked about club class dining was walking into dining room at any time;  I have used club class three times and never waited more than 2 minutes to be seated. Cheers

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Traderboy said:

Thank you to you both . I am now a lot clearer. 

We are in a suite and therefore will enjoy breakfast in Sabatinis. Also lunch on sea days, if that is correct?

Full Suite

Sabatini's for breakfast, way better than ordering room service. Basically you can order anything for which they have ingredients.

Club Class for lunch on sea days and dinner each evening.

No reservations for club class. Walk in anytime it is open for prompt seating.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Traderboy said:

Thanks once again to all those who have explained it all so clearly

You will find a letter on embarkation day in your suite summarising the perks similar to the one below. This was from our cruise on Sky Princess last month.

103836371_suiteperks.thumb.jpg.6c3f7d10b48b4ef7032a2e29cf4ac739.jpg