Port Guides

emam

29 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Sounds interesting, but where is it on the CP?

This is the menu for mine 

809E4F21-B4F7-40DF-B17F-ADF4782F27BA.jpeg

Does look pretty good.   It’s on the front screen after you’ve logged into your booking, below the route map. 

2701039A-B9E7-452A-AD05-38062B4589E9.jpeg

Edited by galeforce9
Photo added

13 minutes ago, galeforce9 said:

Does look pretty good.   It’s on the front screen after you’ve logged into your booking, below the route map. 

2701039A-B9E7-452A-AD05-38062B4589E9.jpeg

Ooh thanks, mine is not there yet. My cruise isn’t until October 2023 so perhaps it will pop up later!

• Like 1

On 7/29/2022 at 10:56 PM, emam said:

Have you seen the port guides on my.cp which can be downloaded and printed off? 

Just looked at this yesterday for a September cruise we have booked.  Whilst there is some basic information, it appeared to us to be a list of a lot of restaurants/bars in the ports with links to their websites.  I wonder how much P&O were paid to plug those places?

45 minutes ago, tring said:

Just looked at this yesterday for a September cruise we have booked.  Whilst there is some basic information, it appeared to us to be a list of a lot of restaurants/bars in the ports with links to their websites.  I wonder how much P&O were paid to plug those places?

Just checked mine Barbara. Each one has several sections and includes a "Cultural" and "Outdoor" sections that list museums, churches, parks and beaches etc. Hardly a "comprehensive" guide as they say in the blurb and obviously bought 'off the peg' - the Gibraltar one lists a cafe that you might like to "start the day with a full english breakfast" in...

There is some useful information but they are heavily slanted towards eating, shopping and selling ship's excursions...

I'll download and print any useful bits.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tring said:

At least there trying to offer something, we enjoyed reading them for our upcoming cruise, plus there is no obligation to use the places just good to know.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

Just checked mine Barbara. Each one has several sections and includes a "Cultural" and "Outdoor" sections that list museums, churches, parks and beaches etc. Hardly a "comprehensive" guide as they say in the blurb and obviously bought 'off the peg' - the Gibraltar one lists a cafe that you might like to "start the day with a full english breakfast" in...

There is some useful information but they are heavily slanted towards eating, shopping and selling ship's excursions...

I'll download and print any useful bits.

Yes there are one or two places mentioned in each of those cultural and outdoor sections for each port, as well a a short section on contacts for emergency, pharmacy etc. and basic a language section.  Also one or two excursions plugged there as well,  but they are vastly outnumbered by the restaurants/coffee bars/shopping - as you say slanted that way.   

My thoughts are they have probably been provided for free, funded by the numerous adverts for venues like restaurants/museums, rather than bought by P&O, and I still wonder if P&O have actually been paid to publicise them.  Though that is often the case with maps provided in port I suppose and P&O need to make money somehow.  Yes the odd useful item there and depends on the individual port as well I expect, regards how useful they are.  I suspect that probably means they will not be providing port maps on the ships now, which are becoming less available on all cruise lines.  I will be making notes and print outs of anything relevant though, especially in some ports (e.g. Athens) when I would not want to wander around with a mobile phone in my hand 🙂

Must admit without this thread, I would have been unlikely to have seen them at all.

Barbara 

• Like 1