Has anyone used OnPoint Virtual Covid teting?

NC Fred

We are a group of 6 needing a Covid test prior to boarding in 2 weeks.I am wondering if anyone here has used OnPoint and specifically, did you have multiple people tested in the same session? The Website says one person per appointment but I have read/heard they will accept up to four people in one session. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

I have an appointment on Friday August 5.    You can have multiple tests at the same time but the confirmation Zoom Invited says limited to 4 tests.    I guess you would have to make 2 appointments.

Warning -  I had a problem with my first booking and the Zoom invite never arrived.   I waited 2 hours for an online chat and given a link to schedule -  it didn't work and they couldn't help me.  I eventually had to dispute it on CC and start from scratch again.     Second time worked perfect.    Unlike eMed if you have a problem forget being able to contact customer support.   They are just overwhelmed.    I have eMed tests as backup. 

I'll post my experience.   I've talked to 1/2 dozen by private email and their experiences have all been positive.

• Thanks 3

Sounds like an interesting option.  I just checked out their web site.  If you do multiple tests at one time, do you pay 1 fee or two?  Are the government tests that were sent in the mail acceptable?  Can you take the test immediately after paying?  I'm thinking I might do this if CVS cancels my test at the last minute like they did last cruise.

I just used Onpoint yesterday for my sailing tomorrow.  Process was super easy, the proctor (sp?) was very nice.  Make sure you have your passport # since they can add it to the results paperwork.  It is optional however.  They use Zoom which I was very comfortable with.  They were right on time for my appointment too, not early and sent many reminders ahead of time.

I used Rapidtestandtrace.com.   They use Microsoft Teams.   It was easier to download first.  Called them and they did the tests right then.  They walked us through everything step by step.  Do have your passport numbers as they can enter (not required).

Both of these companies are reputable and things easier today as testing not required to fly most places.

• Thanks 1

We used OnPoint yesterday for our sailing tomorrow. it was fast and easy!

DH and I did a joint appointment with no problem since we paid for two tests!

Edited by DisneyJen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DisneyJen said:

We used OnPoint yesterday for our sailing tomorrow. it was fast and easy!

DH and I did a joint appointment with no problem since we paid for two tests!

That sounds easy. How far in advance did you make your testing reservation? Have a great cruise!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ymncruise said:

Sounds like an interesting option.  I just checked out their web site.  If you do multiple tests at one time, do you pay 1 fee or two?  Are the government tests that were sent in the mail acceptable?  Can you take the test immediately after paying?  I'm thinking I might do this if CVS cancels my test at the last minute like they did last cruise.

You pay a fee per test.   You can book them all at the same time.   The tests you received in the mail are acceptable but the box and the tests must not have been opened in advance.

When you book you schedule a time.   Normally their are test times available immediately.  You may wish to plan some time as step 2 you have to go to a registration sight and upload your DL, Name and Details and they ask for insurance information but you can choose to say you don't have any.   I didn't want to upload my insurance details.

• Thanks 2

We used OnPoint last night for our cruise sailing out today (August 1).  We made two appointments and took the test separately even though it stated we could have tested together.  When you purchase the virtual appointment you need to pay for the test and then the site links you to an appointment.  The first appointments offered to us were 30 minutes out.   We booked the first one.  An email was sent which had a link to register.  You need to have the purchase number and a code sent with the email to get registered.  During this registration there is a question regarding insurance and like others on this site, we just stated we did not have any insurance.  Upon completion of the registration, we waited for the zoom meeting to open.  The process itself was simple.  They did not ask for any identification.  Walked us through the test process.  While waiting for the results the proctor asked several questions regarding where we were testing from.  They needed to know the time zone we were in so they could put that on the form.  Also asked why we were testing, i.e., travel, flight or cruise.  Stated that if we we flying, they could link results to our passport.  We were not, so declined this step.  After a few minutes, the proctor asked to see the results.  The proctor had a bit of difficulty seeing my results and kept saying that he saw two lines when it clearly only showed one line.  After a few attempts to get the results positioned so he could see it clearly, he declared I was negative.  He verified my email and within a couple of minutes of disconnecting from the Zoom meeting, we had the results.  The whole process took well under 15 minutes.  Please note that the test results are not as easily found on the pdf like others we have taken.  We may have to assist Celebrity in locating the results.  But that is just a minor inconvenience as we will have printed documents.

As a side note, like @Jim_lain, I never received a confirmation for one of the appointments and had to purchase another virtual meeting.  I have requested a refund from OnPoint several times but have not had a response as of yet.  We will most likely need to protest with our credit card.  

• Thanks 2

I'm a little confused about the complete process of obtaining an appointment with Onpoint. I just paid for  made an appointment for 2 to be tested for our upcoming cruise. I registered as suggested, saying I had no insurance, and received a confirmation of my registration fromhealthtrackrx. I'm assuming I need to register my husband also since he will be taking a test, too.  Do I get the zoom invitation after registration is complete? Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Mary Ann

38 minutes ago, IWillGoAnywhere26 said:

I'm a little confused about the complete process of obtaining an appointment with Onpoint. I just paid for  made an appointment for 2 to be tested for our upcoming cruise. I registered as suggested, saying I had no insurance, and received a confirmation of my registration fromhealthtrackrx. I'm assuming I need to register my husband also since he will be taking a test, too.  Do I get the zoom invitation after registration is complete? Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Mary Ann

In my case you receive a Zoom invitation immediately after paying the money and selecting a time.     Yes you need to register your husband also.   You will get a confirmation for each registration that the proctor uses to validate you against your DL etc. You give them the confirmation numbers

I was advised if it didn't to go to this link and try to schedule again

https://calendly.com/d/djz-wdy-45f/virtual-testing-covid-otc-bring-your-own-kit

My first purchase it didn't arrive and had to repay and schedule again and file a claim  with CC.   They are so overwhelmed that customer service is not existent.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

In my case you receive a Zoom invitation immediately after paying the money and selecting a time.     Yes you need to register your husband also.   You will get a confirmation for each registration that the proctor uses to validate you against your DL etc. You give them the confirmation numbers

I was advised if it didn't to go to this link and try to schedule again

https://calendly.com/d/djz-wdy-45f/virtual-testing-covid-otc-bring-your-own-kit

My first purchase it didn't arrive and had to repay and schedule again and file a claim  with CC.   They are so overwhelmed that customer service is not existent.

Jim, Thanks so much. Your info clarified the process for me. I did receive my zoom link, it was buried among other "stuff." When I opened zoom, it had the info for my meeting on Friday. You really helped alleviate my anxiety. Mary Ann

Many thanks to those who post experiences with Onpoint. Like for many others, I find this online testing anxiety provoking. Some posters mention using their DL for ID. My question, do you have to upload or download as part of the process? I'm fine with Zooming! 

3 minutes ago, heatescapee said:

Many thanks to those who post experiences with Onpoint. Like for many others, I find this online testing anxiety provoking. Some posters mention using their DL for ID. My question, do you have to upload or download as part of the process? I'm fine with Zooming! 

You are asked to upload your DL during the registration process, after you pay for and make your appointment.

4 hours ago, IWillGoAnywhere26 said:

Jim, Thanks so much. Your info clarified the process for me. I did receive my zoom link, it was buried among other "stuff." When I opened zoom, it had the info for my meeting on Friday. You really helped alleviate my anxiety. Mary Ann

I will feel more comfortable once I'm complete.   I initially couldn't figure out how they connect the Zoom to the Registration and someone clued me into the separate confirmation of registration with a PDF attached showing a bar code and a reference of the registration number.   I printed that out for easy access.

I have my eMed kit on standby just in case.   I just wanted to try this service and use some of my free (to me) kits.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, heatescapee said:

Thanks so much, I Will Go Anywhere. Is uploading something I need to learn ahead of time???? I'm good at shopping and communicating on the internet, other stuff, no! 

You will do great.   You could actually practice in advance and create a free Zoom account and have a practice call with friends and family.   I use it with my family and find it quite intuitive.

8 minutes ago, heatescapee said:

Thank you, Jim. I'm good using Zoom, it's just the uploading that makes me anxious. I think we'll all be awaiting info on your further experience with Onpoint.

Uploading is pretty easy.   I just shoot a picture on my iPhone and then e-mail it to myself.  I then save the pictures in a folder on my desktop.   In the upload window just click the button and choose the file name and location and then hit Enter.  

Actually I keep a picture of our DLs and Passports in my Photo favorites folder on my iPhone just in case.  

• Like 2