Specialty Dining ? - I Think I know The Answer But...

LGW59

and I am sure the answer is here somewhere, just to lazy to look.  I have made 4 specialty dining reservations from my planner, uisng OBC, Eden 2x and Rooftop Garden Grill 2x.  Each dinner res time populates in my calendar but it also deducts the cost for each from my available OBC.  I have specialty dining included, so once I check-in or get on-board does the OBC $ automatically get credited back or do I need to talk to GS or someone at each of the restaurants?  Obviously not worth tying up the phone by calling Celebrity as it is most likely easily cleared up once on-board, I was just curious if anyone knows how this actually works.  THX     

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

and I am sure the answer is here somewhere, just to lazy to look.  I have made 4 specialty dining reservations from my planner, uisng OBC, Eden 2x and Rooftop Garden Grill 2x.  Each dinner res time populates in my calendar but it also deducts the cost for each from my available OBC.  I have specialty dining included, so once I check-in or get on-board does the OBC $ automatically get credited back or do I need to talk to GS or someone at each of the restaurants?  Obviously not worth tying up the phone by calling Celebrity as it is most likely easily cleared up once on-board, I was just curious if anyone knows how this actually works.  THX     

If it doesn't sort out I would wait till on board and the customer service line is short - like early the 2nd day.  It will usually sort.  If the specialty dining is from your TA it will not show until maybe day 2.  Bring documentation. 

• Thanks 2

Is your specialty dining included because you’re in a top suite?  If so, I would have the Retreat Concierge straighten it out once onboard.  If you receive a call pre-cruise from the shoreside concierge, they can probably straighten it out before boarding.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks all, appreciate the responses.  The OBC I used is from Celebrity, my TA OBC won't be available until I board.  Sounds pretty straight forward and I can easily wait until I am on-board to take care of it.   

• Thanks 1

I wouldn't cancel anything myself at this point. Bring it up with the shoreside concierge when you get close to your cruise or with Retreat staff once on board. They ought to be able to take care of it without a chance of losing your reservation times. 

17 hours ago, LGW59 said:

Thanks all, appreciate the responses.  The OBC I used is from Celebrity, my TA OBC won't be available until I board.  Sounds pretty straight forward and I can easily wait until I am on-board to take care of it.   

L - NO, I want you to start calling today and hang on until a Rep picks up, no matter the length of time!!!

LOL

bon appetit and bon voyage

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

L - NO, I want you to start calling today and hang on until a Rep picks up, no matter the length of time!!!

LOL

bon appetit and bon voyage

Too late for that Bo, I called them at 7am when I got up this morning, I've been on hold for 4 hours and 15 minutes, but when I get my $47.13 Roof Top Grill charge credited back to my free money OBC account, it will have been well worth it for the money it did not cost me

• Haha 1

Just now, LGW59 said:

Too late for that Bo, I called them at 7am when I got up this morning, I've been on hold for 4 hours and 15 minutes, but when I get my $47.13 Roof Top Grill charge credited back to my free money OBC account, it will have been well worth it for the money it did not cost me

A real trooper, as I knew you are!!!

Now you can post this in a separate thread about CS calls... LOL

bon appetit and bon voyage buddy...

Just now, Bo1953 said:

A real trooper, as I knew you are!!!

Now you can post this in a separate thread about CS calls... LOL

bon appetit and bon voyage buddy...

Not until I get the name of the CSR that is going to help me after this insufferable hold time, I want to bring them a bag of personal hygiene items as a gift when I board the ship, you know because all the satff appreciate gifts more than $

• Haha 1