Spasmadotic posts from the Dawn around the MED

rojaan19

The other positive change for me were the new faces in the crew. Our Room attendant Rashid from Kenya was very good. Waiter Cassain in Atlantide from Zimbabwe was excellent and I think he has what it takes to go far. A great attitude. When asked where he sees himself in 20 years he ended with -maybe own a cruise line!

Then Fossal in La Terraza is from Uzbekastan and again an excellent waiter.

I will add some more later.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, drron29 said:

The other positive change for me were the new faces in the crew. Our Room attendant Rashid from Kenya was very good. Waiter Cassain in Atlantide from Zimbabwe was excellent and I think he has what it takes to go far. A great attitude. When asked where he sees himself in 20 years he ended with -maybe own a cruise line!

Then Fossal in La Terraza is from Uzbekastan and again an excellent waiter.

I will add some more later.

Loving your experiences with the crew. I agree, they are what really makes the cruise so good🙂. I am just off the Muse and the crew and staff were fabulous too.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/29/2022 at 1:04 PM, jollyjones said:

Reading the above report, and having myself recently embarked on the Dawn at Fusina, I have decided that I will not cruise into or out of Venice again, I will use more convenient ports in future. 

Glad I’ve spent plenty of time in Venice in the past. 

The Venetians long ago decided they no longer need visitors to stimulate their economy, as they are well-fed enough, housed, have utilities, and social welfare retirement funds.  Good enough.

Cruisors have gotten the message to stay away -- so we will!

• Like 1

On 9/21/2022 at 3:07 AM, Catlover54 said:

The Venetians long ago decided they no longer need visitors to stimulate their economy, as they are well-fed enough, housed, have utilities, and social welfare retirement funds.  Good enough.

Cruisors have gotten the message to stay away -- so we will!

Unfortunately I concur. Venice. is still is one of my favourite cities, but I will avoid it as a cruise destination... Unless on a tiddler like the Wind or Cloud, which is highly improbable.

SS is still fortunate to dock relatively close. The journeys for others claiming to visit Venice are horrendous. That said, how Southampton or Dover gets described as London, I'll never know! lol