Spasmadotic posts from the Dawn around the MED

rojaan19

FINALLY ..... the dress code was enforced  at Atlantide tonight,  men without jackets  had to go and get one or wear one from  the ship !!!  The maitre'd  we have known from  many previous cruises agreed to with us  that most folk were happy with the enforcement  !!!

• Like 8

16 hours ago, rojaan19 said:

FINALLY ..... the dress code was enforced  at Atlantide tonight,  men without jackets  had to go and get one or wear one from  the ship !!!  The maitre'd  we have known from  many previous cruises agreed to with us  that most folk were happy with the enforcement  !!!

Who is the M’D? SVP

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rojaan19 said:

KOTOR  today !  Great sail in, spectacular mountains.  Did a walking tour of the old city, then a bus trip to lunch.

20220826_062131.thumb.jpg.f52b3e34de4d310a2f57d8c7c9349f03.jpg20220826_071553.thumb.jpg.be23befd7939c4b0710831181e0f1895.jpg20220826_093140.thumb.jpg.ce683192c60f04d8822dbade05ea5179.jpg20220826_103227.thumb.jpg.9500b6854d9b7e7af5a7096f36289b4c.jpgwe are parked right at the entrance to the old city.20220826_104207.thumb.jpg.92920646b3c1d693b1e7ea3db4b59988.jpg

Agree!  There is no better parking spot in my humble opinion.  

The old dock in Venice used to be #1, but it’s fallen way down the list now.

• Like 1

We have just disembarked in Venice and frankly my advice to people wishing to disembark in Venice is DON'T.

Started to deck 3 ~ 0900. We were told 45 minutes after this move we would be right to get a private transfer at the Venice Cruise Port. You definitely can't get one at the dock in Fusina..

First problem a long slow moving line to be checked off the ship.

Problem 2. The shuttle bus was full at 0930 but didn't leave immediately and then stopped at the dock gate for inspection.

Problem3. The shuttle bus is slow so we didn't arrive at the Venice cruise terminal until 1015 for our 0945 transfer.

I avoided problem 4 by a bit of aggressive queue jumping so only another 3 minutes to get to the exit and fortunately our guy was first sign we saw at the front of the scrum.

I can strongly reccomend Pantarei Chauffeur service who saved our bacon when a previously organised transfer was cancelled 36 hours out by another operator.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Reading the above report, and having myself recently embarked on the Dawn at Fusina, I have decided that I will not cruise into or out of Venice again, I will use more convenient ports in future. 

Glad I’ve spent plenty of time in Venice in the past. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 8/29/2022 at 6:04 PM, jollyjones said:

Reading the above report, and having myself recently embarked on the Dawn at Fusina, I have decided that I will not cruise into or out of Venice again, I will use more convenient ports in future. 

Glad I’ve spent plenty of time in Venice in the past. 

I share your thoughts and likely to do the same. Friends of ours sailed on the Dawn in June out of Venice and reported it wasn't too much hassle. Sounds like disembarking is a whole new ball game.

Sailing in and out of Venice always was one of my favourites, but that pleasure has also been removed (unless the lighter Wind or Cloud do so.)

You do pick up your luggage in the cruise terminal. Once docked the luggage was loaded into large trucks. Process was fast as they used the loading system at most airports with moving belts.

So if enough buses for the shuttle to the terminal independent travellers should be able to go at any time.

So now in the UK driving around for a couple of weeks.  That cruise was to get us back  in the cruising mode  after all the covid cancellations.  We enjoyed the Dawn and miss Vicki as CD,  loved the arts cafe  and Franco  making us coffee every morning. All the staff were great and all loved to be back !!  Lots of new faces,  but plenty of old hands too.  Next  cruise March 2023 !

• Like 7