Reminder to check onboard account!!

helen haywood

Just off Equinox.  On a six day cruise I had to go to Guest Services three times to have a charge removed from my account.  First was a $9 laundry charge.  Yes, we had sent out laundry, but we had written on two sides of the form “Captain’s Club Elite Plus Offer.”

Next was a $9 charge from the Martini Bar.  When the Guest Services attendant looked up that charge she said it had been rung up erroneously as our having the Premium Non-Alcoholic Package.  We had the Premium Alcoholic Package. (And the $9 charge didn’t seem correct in any account.  If we were charged for two drinks there it would have been a higher amount and not an even amount either after the 20% gratuity was added.)

The last was a charge that only showed up the morning of disembarkation of $7.20 from the MDR.  Again, when the charge was reviewed and it was noted that we had the Premium Package, it was removed.

What is surprising is that we were on Equinox in May and had none of these issues.  I suspect it may be new crew who aren’t up to speed yet.

So just a reminder to check your account daily!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Just off Equinox.  On a six day cruise I had to go to Guest Services three times to have a charge removed from my account. 

Thanks for the reminder, Helen.  We needed your advice, because we will be on the same ship soon ... and we will be using the E+ laundry benefit ... and we will have the same beverage package as you.

That is ... we will be aboard if we pass the nasty virus test!

Edited by jg51

5 hours ago, helen haywood said:

You’ll have a great time!!  All the crew/staff we interacted with were wonderful.  

Thanks again, Helen.

We wondered if you happened to meet a very personable, multilingual bartender from the Philippines -- named Abel?

We knew, some months ago, that he was aboard the Equinox, working at least at the outdoor bar aft of the Oceanview Cafe.