Hotel in Barbados ?

Piaa

Not "directly" related to a current Azamara cruise, but as there are so many seasoned travelers here, does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel in Barbados please.  I have tried the search bar but there are thousands of links using the word "hotel" (with Barbados) but they are for hotels in every possible embarkation port worldwide and it will take hours to try to sort through them.

Thanks so much if anyone has a nice recommendation.

I have not been on Cruise Critic in a long while, but have a 2023 cruise booked.  Check out South Beach Hotel in Rockley.  It is well located on Accra beach close to the cruise port.  It is across the street from the beach, but is walking distance from several restaurants. We stay before and after a cruise from Barbados and really enjoyed it.

5 hours ago, Piaa said:

Not "directly" related to a current Azamara cruise, but as there are so many seasoned travelers here, does anyone have a recommendation for a hotel in Barbados please.  I have tried the search bar but there are thousands of links using the word "hotel" (with Barbados) but they are for hotels in every possible embarkation port worldwide and it will take hours to try to sort through them.

We stayed at Treasure Beach in December. It’s an all-inclusive resort-part of Marriott’s Elegant Resorts brand. Very small-not a lot to do other than swim in the ocean or small pool. Other hotels that were recommended on SeaDream’s board when I had asked for recommendations there were “The House” and “Little Arches”.

Diana

Edited by wjfan417

13 hours ago, Piaa said:

If one has a reasonable budget then Coral Reef.  Alternatively, an “under the radar” quality boutique hotel at a lower price point has to be Sweetfield Manor.

2 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

If one has a reasonable budget then Coral Reef.  Alternatively, an “under the radar” quality boutique hotel at a lower price point has to be Sweetfield Manor.

I just stumbled across Sweetfield Manor and it looks cute - have you stayed there PORT ROYAL?  I'm not 100% sure what type of experience we are looking for (we have stayed only at The Crane pre-cruise but are looking this time for something different)  

10 hours ago, wjfan417 said:

We stayed at Treasure Beach in December. It’s an all-inclusive resort-part of Marriott’s Elegant Resorts brand. Very small-not a lot to do other than swim in the ocean or small pool. Other hotels that were recommended on SeaDream’s board when I had asked for recommendations there were “The House” and “Little Arches”.

Diana

Thank you - Little Arches is not available and I'm not looking to spend $1200+ per night (haha) but thank you for the recommendations

13 hours ago, Astalarasta said:

I have not been on Cruise Critic in a long while, but have a 2023 cruise booked.  Check out South Beach Hotel in Rockley.  It is well located on Accra beach close to the cruise port.  It is across the street from the beach, but is walking distance from several restaurants. We stay before and after a cruise from Barbados and really enjoyed it.

Thank you but it is booked for our dates 😞

2 minutes ago, Piaa said:

Thank you - Little Arches is not available and I'm not looking to spend $1200+ per night (haha) but thank you for the recommendations

$ is why we didn’t stay at The House either!

Have you looked at this place?

Owned by the same woman who owns and operates the very popular Calabaza sailing catamarans.

I have not contacted her about a short term rental, but you can be assured of nice accommodations and fabulous service  

If not available, she can maybe offer other recommendations. 

https://www.starfishcottagebarbados.com/info

4 hours ago, Piaa said:

I just stumbled across Sweetfield Manor and it looks cute - have you stayed there PORT ROYAL?  I'm not 100% sure what type of experience we are looking for (we have stayed only at The Crane pre-cruise but are looking this time for something different)  

Yes… For a day stay post cruise waiting for a flight.  Plus friends have spent a week there pre COVID and will return.  Superb value for money.

A Plantation style residence with its style augmenting the history of the place.  Think of it as staying at a “Southern Bell’s House”.  Sweetfield is far removed from the slick modern commercial offering so prevalent in Barbados, but Sweetfield values one’s custom.  One can unwind, relax and chill in the grounds and dine well in the evening.

Be courageous, go a little off piste and try it.  Think you’ll love it and probably wonder why didn’t I stay here before.

20 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Yes… For a day stay post cruise waiting for a flight.  Plus friends have spent a week there pre COVID and will return.  Superb value for money.

A Plantation style residence with its style augmenting the history of the place.  Think of it as staying at a “Southern Bell’s House”.  Sweetfield is far removed from the slick modern commercial offering so prevalent in Barbados, but Sweetfield values one’s custom.  One can unwind, relax and chill in the grounds and dine well in the evening.

Be courageous, go a little off piste and try it.  Think you’ll love it and probably wonder why didn’t I stay here before.

Awesome - thank you 

• 1 year later...
On 8/2/2022 at 11:57 AM, PORT ROYAL said:

Sweetfield Manor does look like an wonderful place. However one of the nights we will be in Barbados they have no room. Do you have another suggestion? Will be there 3 days in the first week of December and have left this rather late.

2 hours ago, YoHoHo said:

Sweetfield Manor does look like an wonderful place. However one of the nights we will be in Barbados they have no room. Do you have another suggestion? Will be there 3 days in the first week of December and have left this rather late.

Next “Boutique” pick…… https://www.littlearches.com

For the future, make note to self…… Nice small boutique hotels (reasonably priced) do sell out early.

PS… Cruise friends have stayed at Yellow Bird… Simple, clean and reasonably priced

https://www.yellowbirdbarbados.com

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Yellow Bird

Additional thought…. Speak with Sweetfield, declare interest and ask if there is anything they can do, as they may be able to do something.  Also, between now and staying, there may be a cancellation which one could be the first in line to take.  Anyway it’s good to talk…

Thanks, @PORT ROYAL. I had looked at The Arches, perhaps from a suggestion of yours on a different thread. It is full on one day. Yellow bird has the same donut hole in my dates as does Sweetfield.

I had reach out to Sweetfield last night as it appeared from their booking calendar that I could make this work by changing rooms but the booking engine would decide a room was not available when trying to book vs the apparent availability on the calendar. No reply yet but I have my fingers crossed.

Yes, I know I have left this late but circumstances are what they are sometimes.