Lack of 24-hour pizza on Mardi Grad

Cruzin' Daddy

12 hours ago, mz-s said:

Irrelevant to carnivals situation. They have access to a nearly unlimited supply of workers from the third world. 

Absolute Bull.

And the USA is in many aspects more “ Third World” than the counties of which most crewmembers belong to.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mz-s said:

Irrelevant to carnivals situation. They have access to a nearly unlimited supply of workers from the third world. 

Seems we are degrading on a trivial topic.  Last post on the topic and then I will move on.  To your point,  it is not the access to staff (although the training time is way more than you would expect to get to a customer present position), their current dilemma that is now receding in getting trained staff visas to enter (thru) the U.S..

Edited by jimbo5544

On 8/2/2022 at 8:17 AM, mz-s said:

Carnival is still advertising 24/7 pizza on their website.

Most of people's complaint with pizza is that is now the only thing available after 10/11 PM these days.

We were able to order it through room service at 6:00am for a breakfast option for our teenagers. we had a 7:15 tender and continental was not going to cut it for them. There was an upcharge but worth it coming to our room hot, fresh and fast that early

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/3/2022 at 2:27 PM, ballarinamom said:

We were able to order it through room service at 6:00am for a breakfast option for our teenagers. we had a 7:15 tender and continental was not going to cut it for them. There was an upcharge but worth it coming to our room hot, fresh and fast that early

I would have never thought of that for breakfast for this kids, GREAT IDEA especially before an excursion! 🙂 

I gotta say we cruise Royal more than Carnival nowadays and we prefer the MEGA ships. Somehow they have mastered the pizza line even at the busiest times you're never waiting more than 5 minutes! We have also cruised MSC, same thing. Ready and Hot pizza no wait. When we were figuring our why this is it simply comes down to staffing. On Royal there is a minimum of 2 workers at all times and during peak hours 4-5! Same with MSC. Now that Carnival is going to be serving other nightly snacks at the pizza place I really hope they increase their staffing to cover both the pizza demands and other food options.  

Also Royal and MSC did not have a pizza menu. Royal makes 4 types everyday all day and they kept the pizza "spots" filled. They were working to fill the holding area then pizzas are moved to serving position as soon as they were needed. Same system on MSC. 

Edited by z_cruisers
Additional info

On 8/2/2022 at 9:17 AM, mz-s said:

Carnival is still advertising 24/7 pizza on their website.

Most of people's complaint with pizza is that is now the only thing available after 10/11 PM these days.

Does it stink, yes.  You have two choices, get a sandwich at Piazza Panini and put it in your fridge in your cabin. Or cruise on NCL and eat at their 24 hour diner, The Local.

On 8/2/2022 at 1:31 PM, bguppies said:

I usually wake up at 3-4 am (my work hours) most cruises and have many times eaten pizza as that was all that was available until breakfast at 6:30-7am.

Now if Carnival would make ANYTHING else available, in the wee early mornings, cereal, pastries, freaking toast, otherwise, if you advertise 24 hour pizza(or just food), deliver on what you promise.

If they would offer ANY other snacks to tied someone over until breakfast, then closing the pizza down from 4am until 10 am is completely reasonable.

More people are going to bed between 300-400 am than are getting up while on a cruise.  Your schedule is the exception to the rule.

Cruise on NCL, they have a 24 hour diner called The Local.

5 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

I thought The Local was only on NCL's newest ships, but no matter, I have no current plans to sail on NCL again. Certainly not to mingle with 4am zombies.

The local is the new name, on the older ships it has the older name called o'sheehan's. both are the same

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

I thought The Local was only on NCL's newest ships, but no matter, I have no current plans to sail on NCL again. Certainly not to mingle with 4am zombies.

Not many people are up at 4am except for possibly gambling addicts, but being able to grab some wings around midnight is a nice option when sailing on NCL.  Been on the Escape and Bliss and have reservations on the Encore and their next game changer, the Prima.

2 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Not many people are up at 4am except for possibly gambling addicts, but being able to grab some wings around midnight is a nice option when sailing on NCL.  Been on the Escape and Bliss and have reservations on the Encore and their next game changer, the Prima.

You can get wings on Carnival at midnight. Delivered to you. Don't even need to put pants on. What a game changer.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

You can get wings on Carnival at midnight. Delivered to you. Don't even need to put pants on. What a game changer.

It's included on NCL as well as many more options than room service in Carnival, which of course you need to pay extra for.   You can wear shorts at the Local too....there are things on other lines that do things better than Carnival whether you can accept it or not.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ALKID said:

Bunch of fraudsters and criminals.  You try to do something like that and see how long it takes for you to get sued.

Did ya'll see the addendum in the paragraph at the top of the page.

c2ec70747ee44748afa7d8c19a4e77ed.svgOnboard Service Updates: Securing working visas for the crew is currently a challenge for the entire cruise industry. It’s unfortunately impacting our staffing levels, particularly for Carnival’s culinary and beverage teams. We’ve made some temporary adjustments to our onboard offerings for sailings through August 31st, mostly around hours of operation and special events. This will help us provide guests with the best possible service. When you’re sailing, check the Carnival HUB App to see exactly what’s available.

No one is defrauding anyone.

50 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

It's included on NCL as well as many more options than room service in Carnival, which of course you need to pay extra for.   You can wear shorts at the Local too....there are things on other lines that do things better than Carnival whether you can accept it or not.

and of course, NCL costs more to begin with and nickels and dimes you every chance they get. A lot more pay restaurants than Carnival has. People wear shorts in the MDR on Carnival. How much is room service on NCL?

18 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

I prefer the fresh, made to order pizzas of Carnival, not something the flies have had time to molest.

Not the case at all. Supply is meeting demand during peak times.  Indeed is very fresh as it's a production machine really. 

Edited by z_cruisers

11 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

and of course, NCL costs more to begin with and nickels and dimes you every chance they get. A lot more pay restaurants than Carnival has. People wear shorts in the MDR on Carnival. How much is room service on NCL?

I don't do room service anymore, have not done it for over 30 years.  The discussion was about the fact that NCL has a 24 hour sit down venue where you can get a bite to eat, something that Carnival doesn't have at all and it's an absolute disgrace that the jewel of the line has no where to get food on the ship besides pizza after 10:00 pm.  And when you cruise on NCL, you are not forced to go to the specialty venues to eat, just like you're not forced to go to the specialty venues on any cruise line. 

On 8/2/2022 at 2:59 PM, Jamman54 said:

That is not correct. There were late night snacks from 11:30 pm until 1 am every night at the Pig and Anchor when we on the Mardi Gras in April. If you look at the OP's screen shot, it is the last item listed, so it hasn't changed. Never did partake ourselves, so I can't tell you what was offered. 😎

That's great to hear!  They must have added that option sometime after we cruised on MG last October.  

On 8/2/2022 at 3:36 PM, pe4all said:

In my area many restaurants have cut back their menus - mostly due to supply issues and food costs.  Many restaurants have "we are hiring" signs in their windows- no one is applying to work.  Some restaurants have stopped serving lunch, opening for dinner only.  And if they open for dinner they have been closing earlier than they used to, as staff does not want to work late.  It is not just CCL that hasn't brought their "standard of service back to where it was before covid."  We have been on 3 CCL cruises since January, and the cutbacks really didn't bother us too much.  However, I can see how some people will draw a line and refuse to cruise until things are back the way they were.  They might be in for a long wait.

I'm in Atlanta, land of 500 Waffle Houses, renowned (even unto FEMA's "Waffle House Index") for their 24-hour service...and many of our Waffle Houses now close at 9pm.  In one special in-town case, they are now only open from 5 am - 2 pm.  😮    

Yea, verily, the struggle is real.  

• Like 2