No Bermuda Travel Authorisation

sandancer

So Bermuda has changed the requirements since I sailed in May that you no longer have to upload the negative test result, just show it at boarding.  My question is that Celebrity has relaxed their rules and no longer requires a proctored test.  So, will that be acceptable is Bermuda is a port? Or do we still need a proctored test?

35 minutes ago, copmom1384 said:

So Bermuda has changed the requirements since I sailed in May that you no longer have to upload the negative test result, just show it at boarding.  My question is that Celebrity has relaxed their rules and no longer requires a proctored test.  So, will that be acceptable is Bermuda is a port? Or do we still need a proctored test?

Bermuda requires a test. It doesn’t matter what the cruise line is doing. 

23 minutes ago, copmom1384 said:

I know they require a test, but does it have to be proctored?

Currently right now .. but I am struggling to understand why they care. because if you have to take the test 2 Days before you arrive what good is a proctored test 10 days before its duplicate cost and has no use if the second test is a requirement  (i am on a transatlantic) 

28 minutes ago, tonyinoc said:

Currently right now .. but I am struggling to understand why they care. because if you have to take the test 2 Days before you arrive what good is a proctored test 10 days before its duplicate cost and has no use if the second test is a requirement  (i am on a transatlantic) 

To be blunt, it doesn't matter one iota whether you or anyone else understands why. Every country has the right to make its own rules and they don't owe an explanation to anyone.

But if you want an explanation, I'll make an educated guess. It's likely they want the minimize the chances of someone boarding a ship bound for Bermuda having a COVID infection and thereby minimize the potential spread of infection that might  be present but not yet detectable at the time of the test taken two days out. That way it theoretically reduces the chances of someone having an undetected infection going ashore in Bermuda and infecting Bermudians. So, they're saying the pre-boarding test does have a use. It's their opinion and I'm not arguing whether it's right or wrong, just explaining what it is.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

To be blunt, it doesn't matter one iota whether you or anyone else understands why. Every country has the right to make its own rules and they don't owe an explanation to anyone.

But if you want an explanation, I'll make an educated guess. It's likely they want the minimize the chances of someone boarding a ship bound for Bermuda having a COVID infection and thereby minimize the potential spread of infection that might  be present but not yet detectable at the time of the test taken two days out. That way it theoretically reduces the chances of someone having an undetected infection going ashore in Bermuda and infecting Bermudians. So, they're saying the pre-boarding test does have a use. It's their opinion and I'm not arguing whether it's right or wrong, just explaining what it is.

it would be 10 days before we get to Bermuda on the TA 8 days from Barcelona when we have to take the second test.. it would be like them asking you to take a test 8 days before a 7 day cruise to Bermuda from the east coast where you arrive at 2 days into the cruise. I am ok doing the self test i just don't see why we cant take a self test like all the other ships that don't go to Bermuda. 🙂

9 minutes ago, tonyinoc said:

it would be 10 days before we get to Bermuda on the TA 8 days from Barcelona when we have to take the second test.. it would be like them asking you to take a test 8 days before a 7 day cruise to Bermuda from the east coast where you arrive at 2 days into the cruise. I am ok doing the self test i just don't see why we cant take a self test like all the other ships that don't go to Bermuda. 🙂

l've already told you why.

On 8/27/2022 at 12:45 PM, copmom1384 said:

does it have to be proctored?

I'm confused on parts of this discussion. A proctored test is and has always been required by any cruise line - either a kit ordered thru the cruiseline done via proctoring, or else supervised at a clinic, pharmacy, etc. Our May cruise stops at Bermuda on day 6 and so presumably the ship will provide the testing. 

On 8/27/2022 at 1:11 PM, tonyinoc said:

take the test 2 Days before you arrive

It makes sense. Any covid test only proves being negative at that moment. Next day or two could be a different story. Only way to be reasonably sure of people not coming ashore with covid is to test everyday, much like Viking had been doing with daily PCR aka "spit in a tube" testing each morning. We did it - PITA but probably a good idea. 

16 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Edited by OnTheJourney