No Bermuda Travel Authorisation

sandancer

We applied for our TAs on July 17th and paid $40 each. We sail a week today and so far no TA. We are in the UK so the freefone number doesn’t work. Are they really going to prevent us from sailing if we don’t get the TA through no fault of ours.?

3 hours ago, sandancer said:

We applied for our TAs on July 17th and paid $40 each. We sail a week today and so far no TA. We are in the UK so the freefone number doesn’t work. Are they really going to prevent us from sailing if we don’t get the TA through no fault of ours.?

Yes, the TA is required.  You won't be permitted to board your ship without it.

Unfortunately you may have to spend the money for a phone call to solve the problem. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

Yes, the TA is required.  You won't be permitted to board your ship without it.

Unfortunately you may have to spend the money for a phone call to solve the problem. 

There is an 800 number to call.  It's in the Bermuda Travel website.

Edited by marycruz
Deleted
  • Like 1

You did delay putting in your application so they might say it is your fault but no one has reported being denied. Some did have to make the dreaded phone call. I think though you will get your approval shortly. The four day holiday may have slowed the approval process.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, marycruz said:

There is an 800 number to call.  It's in the Bermuda Travel website.

The poster is in the UK so the toll free number is useless to them . Subsequently they said they'll wait until they arrive in the US on Friday.

12 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

You did delay putting in your application so they might say it is your fault but no one has reported being denied. Some did have to make the dreaded phone call. I think though you will get your approval shortly. The four day holiday may have slowed the approval process.

We applied on 17th July which was 24 days before sail date. I don’t think that was much of a delay. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sandancer said:

We applied on 17th July which was 24 days before sail date. I don’t think that was much of a delay. 

It is still a delay. They do ask that the application be filed out right away when it becomes available at 30 days. I do think you will get the approval shortly but if you do not want wait you will have to call. There are ways to make inexpensive international calls. I have used Skype to call Bermuda local numbers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Cunard emailed on 19th July so somehow I don’t think we’ll be alone in this. Many people will not have applied 30 days prior. In any case we will ring when we arrive in the US. 

A lot of people have applied late and they all got approved. Some did call when they had not gotten approval close to the sailing  and then got an email right away but I don't know if that call actually was needed. The sailings out of the New York area Bermuda had people at the ports so they facilitated passengers who had not done the TA. Some arrived not knowing about it. Cruise lines have varied in sending out info.  I don't know if they were or are doing that out of Fort Lauderdale. I think if you don't recieve it by Friday and call from Fort Lauderdale seems like you would be okay. 

Edited by Charles4515

2 hours ago, njhorseman said:

The poster is in the UK so the toll free number is useless to them . Subsequently they said they'll wait until they arrive in the US on Friday.

Yes I saw that after I posted and tried to delete but I couldn't find where to do that.  We had to call when we were waiting for our approval and called the wrong number.  It wasn't the 800 number and we waited 45 minutes in the queue.  It ended up costing alot of money but we did get the approval.  There were several people at the port without the approval from Bermuda but they had officials from Bermuda there at the port to help.   Some people didn't know they were there but were allowed to board and told they would let them know on board of their approval.   Most we spoke with said they were never notified once on board.

Of course every port could be handling things differently.  This was at Cape Liberty in May.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marycruz said:

Yes I saw that after I posted and tried to delete but I couldn't find where to do that.  We had to call when we were waiting for our approval and called the wrong number.  It wasn't the 800 number and we waited 45 minutes in the queue.  It ended up costing alot of money but we did get the approval.  There were several people at the port without the approval from Bermuda but they had officials from Bermuda there at the port to help.   Some people didn't know they were there but were allowed to board and told they would let them know on board of their approval.   Most we spoke with said they were never notified once on board.

Of course every port could be handling things differently.  This was at Cape Liberty in May.

Bermuda changed its procedures since you cruised in May and you are no longer required to upload your COVID test results in order to to have your application approved . That was the piece that caused most of the delays as no one could be approved any earlier than two days prior to embarkation. Now you just upload your vaccination record with your application and you'll receive approval on that basis. You then just bring your COVID test results to the cruise terminal for examination at check in. That relieves the last minute crush of applications.

I just found out about this Travel Authorization today.  Our travel agent said that this requirement came out of the blue.  I suppose I understand them wanting a record of vaccination and the health form filled out but really think that requiring a $40 fee per person is a bit ridiculous.  Regardless, we have to do it.  

Our travel agent mentioned this Travel Authorization to us today, does your cruise line (RCCL) notify you that this needs to be done?  Our travel agent sent a link to the form but suggested we not complete it just yet as our cruise isn't until 9/11.  Does this sound right?  Thank goodness she just mentioned it in passing, otherwise we wouldn't have known to expect it.

22 minutes ago, Reijo said:

I just found out about this Travel Authorization today.  Our travel agent said that this requirement came out of the blue.  I suppose I understand them wanting a record of vaccination and the health form filled out but really think that requiring a $40 fee per person is a bit ridiculous.  Regardless, we have to do it.  

Our travel agent mentioned this Travel Authorization to us today, does your cruise line (RCCL) notify you that this needs to be done?  Our travel agent sent a link to the form but suggested we not complete it just yet as our cruise isn't until 9/11.  Does this sound right?  Thank goodness she just mentioned it in passing, otherwise we wouldn't have known to expect it.

Your travel agent is wrong about the requirement coming out of the blue. It has been in effect for months. All cruise passengers have had to fill out the Travel Authorization since cruises restarted in 2021. She should have known about it and certainly not mentioned it in passing. When she says not to complete it now, you could not complete is now. Sailings are not added until 30 days before embarkation. So that would be in about  ten days for you. 

Edited by Charles4515
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Reijo said:

You need a new travel agent.  When I booked my cruise several months ago I found out about the TA.  It's on Royal Caribbean's Web site.  It's been in place for months.

You can't submit the TA until 30 days before your cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/2/2022 at 1:23 PM, njhorseman said:

Bermuda changed its procedures since you cruised in May and you are no longer required to upload your COVID test results in order to to have your application approved . That was the piece that caused most of the delays as no one could be approved any earlier than two days prior to embarkation. Now you just upload your vaccination record with your application and you'll receive approval on that basis. You then just bring your COVID test results to the cruise terminal for examination at check in. That relieves the last minute crush of applications.

I found out about this after we came back.   Needless to say we were not happy after everything we went through to get the approval, along with everyone else who went through it.   Yes, I think the folks going now will have no problem boarding with the Bermuda TA without having to load the test 2 days prior.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Reijo said:

You can only apply for the authorization 30 days before embarkation so your agent is correct.

On 8/2/2022 at 4:32 AM, sandancer said:

Just another country making money off of the pandemic. They’re ridiculous charging to produce paperwork. 

I’m not a fan of Bermuda anyway. One time was enough me. I keep getting stuck with it being one of my stops. My transatlantic next year stops in Bermuda on the way back. Not as bad a waste as Port Canaveral or Nassau but close. 

Edited by rrraydon
  • Thanks 1

Well apparently people are still having to call Bermuda for their approved TA.  Someone on the Royal Caribbean board just called since they hadn't heard anything.   But I believe if you don't have that just bring the receipt from Bermuda and if there are folks from Bermuda there they will get the approval for you.  That's what was happening in Cape Liberty.   As I had been told by several people nobody was denied boarding..   Yes, I would be worried going to the port without the approved TA.   Not a pleasant way to get ready for a cruise.

However, once on the ship all this if forgotten and a great cruise is awaiting!

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Does anyone know if you have to print the docs or if they accept a digital copy on the phone. 

It says on the Bermuda website  either electronic or paper. Have you recieved it yet?

"If approved, the Quarantine Authority will email your approved Travel Authorisation. All travellers must have an electronic or paper copy of the Travel Authorisation to show at embarkation along with a copy of their negative pre-departure test. If you do not receive your Travel Authorisation email, check your junk/spam folder to make sure the Travel Authorisation is not there."

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

I applied for my authorization exactly 30 days out. My sailings is on the 15th and no one in my party has gotten anything back from Bermuda. I'm going to be very unhappy if I have to waste  time on the phone for approval the day before the cruise. We're flying in 3 days early to enjoy New York... not waste time trying to get our authorizations approved. 

12 hours ago, WKUTopperFan said:

I applied for my authorization exactly 30 days out. My sailings is on the 15th and no one in my party has gotten anything back from Bermuda.

you should be getting the approval in the next few days

i am sailing on aug 11 and i got my approval around aug 3

• Like 1