Juneau - things to do in town.

DaveOKC

We just got our Tracey Arm excursion cancelled so are looking for options in Juneau to replace it.  Have done whale watching, helicopter landing, Mend. glacier, Mt. Roberts tram.  Thinking of State Museum but looking for more do (in port 1-10 PM_}.

31 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

We just got our Tracey Arm excursion cancelled so are looking for options in Juneau to replace it.  Have done whale watching, helicopter landing, Mend. glacier, Mt. Roberts tram.  Thinking of State Museum but looking for more do (in port 1-10 PM_}.

Since I've been to Juneau way too many times, I get the shuttle out to the Alaska Brewery just outside town and enjoy a couple of hours of refreshments. On return, I'll visit the 2 tasting rooms in town.

The Alaska State Museum is an easy walk from the cruise ship docks.  Opportunities for a lunch stop at Alaska Fish and Chips Company and Hanger on the Wharf are my suggestions.  If available and if interested, sometimes there are tours of the Alaska State Capitol that I found interesting.  

4 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

Sorry to hear about your cancellation.  If you don't mind me asking, what ship and date of sailing.

I was happy with the free Alaska state capitol tours, which are right next door to the city museum.   House of Wickersham is a cheap option near there, too, although the walk there is not easy.   We made a whole port stop out of just those 3 things, and spent a whopping $12.

• Like 1