NCL Laundry Cost

PetrosZA

We will be sailing this Sunday out of Athens on Jade and just wondering what NCL charges for laundry? We are in a Club Balcony which I believe comes with one free bag but I'd be keen to do a little more laundry a couple of days in if the price is reasonable?

15 minutes ago, PetrosZA said:

We will be sailing this Sunday out of Athens on Jade and just wondering what NCL charges for laundry? We are in a Club Balcony which I believe comes with one free bag but I'd be keen to do a little more laundry a couple of days in if the price is reasonable?

Prices are for next day service. 

Express same day service add 50% more. 

46EA3562-5936-4EE4-ABD7-641997DB785A.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels

6 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Prices are for next day service. 

Express same day service add 50% more. 

46EA3562-5936-4EE4-ABD7-641997DB785A.jpeg

Thanks very much! Yikes could end up being an expensive exercise - I seem to vaguely remember from previous cruises that NCL sometimes do a bag special at some point during the week. Does my memory serve me correct?

49 minutes ago, PetrosZA said:

Thanks very much! Yikes could end up being an expensive exercise - I seem to vaguely remember from previous cruises that NCL sometimes do a bag special at some point during the week. Does my memory serve me correct?

Yes, mid cruise, I think around $30.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PetrosZA said:

Up $10 from pre-pandemic. NCL does not restrict the type of clothes you can put in the fill-a-bag like other cruise lines. 

204EA69E-7728-40A4-B4CF-9201C91B73B3.thumb.jpeg.ff0d44f388b6c7132226e834451d21ce.jpeg

Edited by BirdTravels

My question about the "bundled laundry service" is if there is a limit in the number of bags you can send down.  Obviously, one per pax would be permitted, but what if one needed more laundry?  Could the steward provide an extra bag or two?  (We're going on a 10 day cruise, with two days before and three days after. so we'll already have a fair amount of laundry by the time they do this.)

23 minutes ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

My question about the "bundled laundry service" is if there is a limit in the number of bags you can send down.  Obviously, one per pax would be permitted, but what if one needed more laundry?  Could the steward provide an extra bag or two?  (We're going on a 10 day cruise, with two days before and three days after. so we'll already have a fair amount of laundry by the time they do this.)

I always thought it was one per cabin (we are a family of 7 so used 2 bags each cruise).

A little off-topic, but we've always passed on the free bag of laundry as some of my things need to be washed on cold and gentle-dried, so I worry about those garments shrinking. Has anyone had experience with this?

They use cold water for passenger laundry.

We have been using NCL laundry for the past (I’m estimating) 20 cruises, at least one bag each per week (so on a 21 day cruise 6 free bags of laundry) and have never had a problem.

The only issue with laundry is finding all the little tags when items are returned.

3 minutes ago, YVRteacher said:

They use cold water for passenger laundry.

We have been using NCL laundry for the past (I’m estimating) 20 cruises, at least one bag each per week (so on a 21 day cruise 6 free bags of laundry) and have never had a problem.

The only issue with laundry is finding all the little tags when items are returned.

Thank you, @YVRteacher  I recall your funny story about retrieving your undies from the laundry and I love your reviews! I feel like both you and your Dad are my dear friends.

• Like 1

Can someone help me with a little math 🙂

We're in a Club Balcony for 16-day transatlantic. Both of us are Platinum. So do we get a total of 4 bags of free laundry - 2 for Club Balcony perk and 2 for Platinum perk?

I guess my question is, do we qualify for any additional bags because the cruise is long? We're coming onboard with dirty laundry from a pre-cruise hotel stay lol.

Thanks!

Denise

• 7 months later...

Holland America offered a laundry service of all the laundry you wanted to do for one fixed price. They also offered to nickel and dime you for each piece of laundry.  We found that we could pack a fraction of the clothing needed by using their laundry service, BUT couldn't get the first bag of laundry back until the 2nd day of the cruise at best. And there was no laundry service on the last day of the cruise, so had to plan accordingly.

It would be great if NCL offered the same. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Suze58 said:

Holland America offered a laundry service of all the laundry you wanted to do for one fixed price. They also offered to nickel and dime you for each piece of laundry.  We found that we could pack a fraction of the clothing needed by using their laundry service, BUT couldn't get the first bag of laundry back until the 2nd day of the cruise at best. And there was no laundry service on the last day of the cruise, so had to plan accordingly.

Uhm, they do?  However, the bag option isn't available until a few days into the cruise.

20 minutes ago, Suze58 said:

I think that was my favorite Holland America perk. Last October the price was $60 for the cabin (10 day cruise). Sent out laundry every day and came home after with nearly no clothes to wash. It was very easy to get spoiled. Still, we're back to NCL for our upcoming one. Certainly both lines have their appeal.

I've cruised on Carnival several times, and on Holland America for the last 4 cruises.  This will be our first time on NCL, and I'm hoping they live up to their reputation as a luxury cruise line.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Suze58 said:

I've cruised on Carnival several times, and on Holland America for the last 4 cruises.  This will be our first time on NCL, and I'm hoping they live up to their reputation as a luxury cruise line.

While NCL has some nice areas like The Haven, I've never considered them to be a "luxury" cruise line, more "mainstream".

26 minutes ago, Suze58 said:

Welcome to cruise critic. 

NCL is not a luxury cruise line. They are mid-market (NCL, Royal Caribbean, Princess) catering to the masses. If you are expecting luxury, you will be sorely disappointed. 

And I am not sure why you would post this message on a thread about doing laundry. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Suze58 said:

Welcome to cruise critic. 

You have specifically picked a Cruise Critic thread that has been dead for over 7 months, which explicitly describes exactly what NCL offers,,, and bumped the thread. I am not sure why you would ask if NCL did the same as another line,,, when it clearly does not. What specifically is your point???