Sgt Schultz knows nothing! - Freedom - Grand Turk

BillOh

15 hours ago, nybumpkin said:
15 hours ago, nybumpkin said:

Also for those who don't know, Jack is retiring this year to return to Canada; Janet's granddaughter is starting school, and Janet has already returned. Jack is there to the end of the year, though, and his business partner will take over the Shack.

Thanks for that history lesson.  Since my first time there will be next year, I'll watch reports to see if it stays the same or any changes happen before my cruise. 

• 10 months later...

Im back!  This cruise is now paid for. I may seek an upgrade soon. We have started planning. Since its Sept I'm starting to watch the NOAA hurricane site!  Booked an excursion for Nassau, am giving strong consideration to Jack's Shack mentioned above.   

I would love to hear your thoughts on the beaches on the private island. (haven't looked at excursions there. )  We don't hate kids or avoid them, but is one beach adults only?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BillOh said:

Im back!  This cruise is now paid for. I may seek an upgrade soon. We have started planning. Since its Sept I'm starting to watch the NOAA hurricane site!  Booked an excursion for Nassau, am giving strong consideration to Jack's Shack mentioned above.   

I would love to hear your thoughts on the beaches on the private island. (haven't looked at excursions there. )  We don't hate kids or avoid them, but is one beach adults only?

Are you talking about Half Moon Cay? If so, it is fairly small. It’s one beach in a long strip. If you head down the beach, a ways past the pirate ship, it will get quieter. 

2 hours ago, momof3cruisers said:

Are you talking about Half Moon Cay? If so, it is fairly small. It’s one beach in a long strip. If you head down the beach, a ways past the pirate ship, it will get quieter. 

Princess Cays

September 18, 2023 - Monday

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I thought I'd update this thread. Hard to believe this year has passed so quickly.   Tomorrow afternoon we are starting our drive to Port Canaveral, we will visit family and have a Playa Linda beach day before and after the cruise!  I did pay $40 and upgraded from deck 1 to another inside of deck 8 near the bow.   Looking forward to a new experience. 

• Like 6

On 8/6/2022 at 11:13 PM, Illbcruzn4life said:

I thought you meant the Sgt Shultz who used to post here. He is gone but there is another poster that has strange similarities to him.

That's what I first thought when I saw the title of this thread... "Sgt Schultz is back?!!"

• 2 weeks later...

We are back!  I will be working on a review in the Royal Caribbean forum for people who might want to venture over to the dark side 🙂    I hope to be objective and relate our experiences.   Feel free to go over and check it out.  Our next Royal cruise is booked, but if any of you want to buy me a Carnival Cruise, I will happily accept!   Now off to update my CC signature.

• 1 month later...

carnivalnew.jpg

My last post in this thread will be to post this picture. Its been about 6 weeks since we got off the ship.  Freedom is on her way back to Port Canaveral sporting her new paint job and whale tail funnel.

• Like 3