Konigsdam MDR

Susanmaz

1 hour ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I’d be shocked if it’s at 5:45.  I don’t feel it’s been that “late” for years.  I believe its 5:15 but hopefully someone can confirm that.

Maybe that is "final call" when they draw the curtains and send you off to Lido?  

1 hour ago, FlaMariner said:

Maybe that is "final call" when they draw the curtains and send you off to Lido?  

Its polite to show up at 5:15.  This is likely why they keep moving its earlier and earlier for those that use the time as a guideline.  Why not use open if you ( not speaking you specifically)can’t or don’t want to commit to a time.  It’s respectful to the crew to not make them run their butts off to catch up.

• Like 1

I was doing a TA with my parents a few years ago.  We had the 5:30 seating because my Mum likes to eat early.  There was a couple at the 2-top next to us who showed up 20 minutes late one evening.  They arrived at “their” table to find another couple already seated there.  They raised a stink but I was happy to hear them being told that it’s only “their” table if they get there without 15 minutes of their assigned time.  They never showed up late again.  🤭

Edited by *Miss G*
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

I was doing a TA with my parents a few years ago.  We had the 5:30 seating because my Mum likes to eat early.  There was a couple at the 2-top next to us who showed up 20 minutes late one evening.  They arrived at “their” table to find another couple already seated there.  They raised a stink but I was happy to hear them being told that it’s only “their” table if they get there without 15 minutes of their assigned time.  They never showed up late again.  🤭

Love that ❤️.

When we were on the Koningsdam in March and April, early seating was 5:15, but the doors opened for open seating at 5pm.  I walked by the lower MDR doors about 4:45 one day, and people were lined up going up the stairs waiting for the door to open.  With so many waiting, they opened the doors early.

7 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

When we were on the Koningsdam in March and April, early seating was 5:15, but the doors opened for open seating at 5pm.  I walked by the lower MDR doors about 4:45 one day, and people were lined up going up the stairs waiting for the door to open.  With so many waiting, they opened the doors early.

At 16:45, I sometimes am still doing lunch! 
Were we live, on the Spanish Costa Blanca, people have dinner around 21h. Or later. Early seating on HAL would never work for us...

3 hours ago, Despegue said:

At 16:45, I sometimes am still doing lunch! 
Were we live, on the Spanish Costa Blanca, people have dinner around 21h. Or later. Early seating on HAL would never work for us...

That’s why it’s great that they have options.  I eat dinner really early on Sundays because I get up so early weekdays.  I don’t want to eat that early on the ship.  Generally the early dining is the first one to get filed so it’s well liked by a lot.  I hated being forced into the “main” dining before open came on the scene.