Looking for a beach front hotel in Cocoa Beach

hrmkr

Hilton Garden Inn and Hilton both are direct ocean front.  The "Resort at Cocoa Beach" is a time share but does rent  out their units. It is also direct ocean front. 

We have stayed at the Garden Inn Coco Beach on north Atlantic Ave and are staying there again in November pre-cruise.  However, at this late date "reasonable" might not be available for you.  I booked our rooms eight months months ago and they are currently going for double what I booked.  

editorial comment from a local: most of the beachfront property in Cocoa Beach is taken by condo and not hotel properties. The selection of water front is slim . . .  There are many that are just one building off the beach .....

Did the Hilton Garden Inn used to be a Doubletree? I know years ago I stayed at a Doubletree Ocean Front.............I remember walking into the lobby and smelling those wonderful chocolate chip cookies they used to give out🙂

22 hours ago, Lois R said:

Did the Hilton Garden Inn used to be a Doubletree? I know years ago I stayed at a Doubletree Ocean Front.............I remember walking into the lobby and smelling those wonderful chocolate chip cookies they used to give out🙂

You are correct. Doubletree changed the name to Hilton Garden Inn. Same location, massive renovation. Had severe hurricane damage from a few years ago, was closed for a long time. It appears to be a very popular hotel judging by the parking lot.

No cookies!

On 8/14/2022 at 6:41 PM, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

We have stayed at the Garden Inn Coco Beach on north Atlantic Ave and are staying there again in November pre-cruise.  However, at this late date "reasonable" might not be available for you.  I booked our rooms eight months months ago and they are currently going for double what I booked.  

How are the rooms at the Garden Inn?  The property looks nice, but the rooms look small.   Do the rooms have a frig and microwave?  We are Hilton Diamond members, so usually book with points.  We usually stay at the Home2Suites, but want to try a hotel with an on-site restaurant next time.

30 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

How are the rooms at the Garden Inn?  The property looks nice, but the rooms look small.   Do the rooms have a frig and microwave?  We are Hilton Diamond members, so usually book with points.  We usually stay at the Home2Suites, but want to try a hotel with an on-site restaurant next time.

Rooms are good size, but long and narrow.  The front "living" area is dark as there's only one window and it opened to the walkway.  The back bedroom side had good light with the large patio door.  Last time we were there we had a ground floor room, which was nice we could step out directly to the grass area and walk around to the pool, beach, restaurant, and bar.  We are Diamond also and luckily I booked this hotel many months ago as the room rate has doubled.  The food at the restaurant was unbelievably good, but I doubt the same chef is still there.  Snack bar at the pool was good also.  I don't recall a micro or fridge, but it should say on the Hilton www site.  I'm guessing there probably was.   

• Thanks 1

The rooms do have a fridge but no microwave. There is a microwave available but not on every floor. 

The chef is relatively new but getting good reviews from "the locals" 

It is a very popular hotel, but a little pricey ( I think) However it is one of the few hotels that is direct ocean front and with balconies.  Just reopened about a year ago after a massive renovation. 

Publix is directly across the street. 

• Thanks 1