Cabins on level 3 of ocean ships

Islandbc

If you are on or have been on a V2 or DV6 in the stern of one of the ocean ships, can you tell me if there is a walkway to the midship  laundry on level 3 or do you need to go up or down a level to get past the lifeboats via stairs or elevators ?

Thanks 

11 hours ago, Wavetripper said:

There is a walkway all the way forward to the bow on the 3rd deck no need to go up or down to the laundry. We have done it a few times. In fact we will use it on the WC again next year.

You can see the walkway at the very top of the picture below.  There is seating along this balcony and it’s a great spot to enjoy any entertainment taking place in the Living Room. 

D4BCB0F1-9190-4EC2-84BD-23325453B1A5.jpeg

• Like 1

There is a walkway all the way forward to the bow on the 3rd deck no need to go up or down to the laundry. We have done it a few times. In fact we will use it on the WC again next year.

And aft. On decks 3 through 6, you can cross from side to side at the elevator lobbies fore and aft.

Getting from the stern cabins to the laundry on Deck 3, is a straight shoot on the port side and a zig/dogleg through the aft elevators from the starboard. Either way, you pass through the The Atrium.

Here's another view of the Atrium that you pass through on your way to the laundry room on Deck 3, taken from Deck 2 looking to the starboard.  Decks 4-6 don't have the same scenic route but starboard side residence to have to cross over at the elevators.

00-Ql6biy-mZ87rWVfOSHXTCdySImIvB1QE_lBESTb4fGMyAiU0rYg-q1fJBAwj-eeV?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1508365557

• Like 1

We've  been in a DV6 on Level 3 and found it very convenient for access to the areas we frequented most (theater, restaurant, atrium). Being only 1 level from the "main deck" means a single flight of stairs is often easier/faster than walking multiple levels or waiting for elevators. Being mid-ship is also good from a sea motion perspective. I doubt that we'd ever do anything else if we could avoid it. (We don't need nor want to spend the extra money on the 'higher level' cabins since I think they are actually in less desirable locations in many cases). 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, formernuke said:

We've  been in a DV6 on Level 3 and found it very convenient for access to the areas we frequented most (theater, restaurant, atrium). Being only 1 level from the "main deck" means a single flight of stairs is often easier/faster than walking multiple levels or waiting for elevators. Being mid-ship is also good from a sea motion perspective. I doubt that we'd ever do anything else if we could avoid it. (We don't need nor want to spend the extra money on the 'higher level' cabins since I think they are actually in less desirable locations in many cases). 

Agree with you which is why we are often in Vs unless Viking has a promo that gets up a category.  We are excited about our upcoming (if it doesn’t cancel🤞) October cruise as we were able to pay for a V2 and book a D1 so we will have one of the non-suite staterooms on board with a view of the wake!😊

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, formernuke said:

The only thing that you need to know before you book any Deck 3 Aft cabin is that there ramp/incline to be negotiated that cannot be avoided. Not a problem for Deck 3 Forward because you can always use the elevator to avoid the ramp.  This may be a problem for some passengers, who might have issues negotiating inclines.

5 hours ago, Islandbc said:

Thanks for the information on deck 3. It seems like we will enjoy our DV6 cabin 3065 for the 2022 WC.

All of your comments and photos are much appreciated. 

Janet and Keith 

See you on board the Neptune, not sure if you board in FLL or LA, we board in LA. If we don't meet anywhere on the ship it may be at the 3rd deck laundry as we are also DV6. Ha

I just asked for a switch out of cabin 3056 because I read that there was a lot of noise from below on 3055 as it is close to the atrium and music plays late and early... now I am still DV6 but closer to the front V cabins.... Hopefully I don't feel more motion there but I can't deal with music when I'm trying to sleep.

1 hour ago, shadowlover said:

I just asked for a switch out of cabin 3056 because I read that there was a lot of noise from below on 3055 as it is close to the atrium and music plays late and early... now I am still DV6 but closer to the front V cabins.... Hopefully I don't feel more motion there but I can't deal with music when I'm trying to sleep.

I think that music would come from the Torshavn and not the Atrium (living room). But I too have heard of folks being bothered by the late night music from the Torshavn. 

• Like 1

We are on Orion now in 3054. Yes there is some noise from below (Torshavn) but its only been noticeable a couple nights and not enough to keep me awake. Absolutely love the location overall! And we just booked onboard for 2024 and chose same room other side 3053 on the Sea.

See you on board the Neptune, not sure if you board in FLL or LA, we board in LA. If we don't meet anywhere on the ship it may be at the 3rd deck laundry as we are also DV6. Ha

We board in Fort Lauderdale if all goes as planned. What cabin are you in?

On 8/7/2022 at 10:07 AM, Peregrina651 said:

The only thing that you need to know before you book any Deck 3 Aft cabin is that there ramp/incline to be negotiated that cannot be avoided. Not a problem for Deck 3 Forward because you can always use the elevator to avoid the ramp.  This may be a problem for some passengers, who might have issues negotiating inclines.

Do you know if there is a ramp on deck 5?

20 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

The only ramps are on deck 3 because of the Atrium, which has much higher ceilings than do the cabins.

enhance

Ok,  we are almost always on our favorite deck 3 and I have never noticed an incline! I will have to pay more attention next month! 🤣🤣🤣

4 hours ago, Mpc524 said:

Ok,  we are almost always on our favorite deck 3 and I have never noticed an incline! I will have to pay more attention next month! 🤣🤣🤣

Very noticeable if you are aft of the atrium but completely avoidable  if your cabin  is forward of the Atrium and you always use the forward elevator to get to and from your cabin.

We just returned from Orion 3054. Immediately across from laundry was not an issue whatsoever from noise or traffic issue. Torshavn below we did hear a lil noise on a couple nights but not enough to keep us awake. Overall we loved the location and on our next cruise we booked on board we chose 3053 which eliminates being over Torshavn.

1 hour ago, Jjg34219 said:

which eliminates being over Torshavn.

No one wants to deliver the bad news but...

None of the cabins are directly over Torshavn, which is in the middle of the ship. To add to the bad noise, historically most of the complaints about noise from the disco come from the starboard cabins 3051-7.

See and scan the posts for mention of cabin 3053:

Viking Sea - cost of excursions, and is there such thing as a "bad" cabin?

DV6 Cabin Location

CABIN 3066 ADVICE APPRECIATED

17 hours ago, Cienfuegos said:

My recollection is the instruments on the stage in Torshaven are on the port / left side of the ship. The entry way is on the starboard / right side of the ship.

You’re correct about the entrance being on the starboard side, but unless I’m mistaken, the stage is midships with the band facing the bow.  They have their backs to the wall that supports (on the opposite side) the big digital screen on the Living Room staircase. There is banquette seating along the port side of Torshaven. 

E19830A0-3968-4737-8374-03A1A33DC23F.jpeg

• Like 1