Cruise cost

UnVrYaN

12 hours ago, jsn55 said:

You're reading my mind!  Over the last two years, for two different reasons, we both almost stopped drinking alcohol.  So we now have drinks packages included with the fare on several upcoming cruises ... so should we go back to our previous habits of guzzling champagne all evening?  My Minnesota upbringing makes it hard to not want 'my money's worth'. 

Yes, I would be afraid that if I bought a drink package, I would force myself to drink myself into oblivion. 🤦‍♂️😒

• Like 1

We do not want bundling.  We just want to pay the basic fare and then pick and choose what we want.

Drink package has no value to us.  DD does not drink alcohol.  I am not a big drinker.  Don't drink cocktails or champagne.  Strictly the occasional beer and red  wine.  

Happy to pay as I go.   Same for everything else, including optional dining.  But it seems to me some cruise lines are downgrading the MDR food experience (or up charging) in order to drive revenue to the optional venues.  We simply assume this and add some projected costs to our base fare calculation.

I really do no have that much of a problem with nickel and diming.  Why?  Because it is so easy to say no and walk away.  No one forces us to succumb to it.

Some premium lines  are not all inclusive

What I like about   our line of choice is no charge for  specialty coffees soft drinks specialty restaurants

quiet atmosphere/ no fancy dress nights/ more time in ports

smaller ships  = less pax 

that is what is important to ME

we may have a drink each a day so we  can afford to buy our own

We are willing to pay a bit more  for the cruise  line of our choice  

YMMV

I do not care  if you sail on $100  cruise  or a $10,000 cruise  so why are people so hung up on how others choose to spend THEIR money

This whole thread is just to incite  discord  because of one annoying poster    just use the ignore feature here

JMO

• Like 1

21 hours ago, calliopecruiser said:

I don't drink much alcohol either, but I still want an "all inclusive" line -- my experience is better with all-inclusive, even if I don't consume as much food or alcohol as others. 

Then that would make perfect sense for you as it should be all about getting the most enjoyment our of your cruise!   I'm pretty happy with paying as I go, but what works for me isn't necessarily what works for everyone -- that is for sure. 

• Like 1