Book in USD and transfer to a Canadian TA

KCBailey

Has anyone ever booked a cruise in USD and then transferred to a Canadian TA?  Celebrity has a

promo code ALLABOARD100 that only works if you book in USD.  It provides $100 OBC and the price of the cruise when converted to CAD is about $900 less.   I  would like to book with Celebrity to get those savings but not sure if there are any downsides to booking in USD, like not being able to transfer to a Canadian TA?

Check the rate the cruise line uses for the exchange  it may not be the same as the current bank rate

I used   the TD USD VISA   & have a USD account  so I do not have to go through all the hassle

See if your Canadian TA can book in USD

I just put this question to a rep in the X President's office and was told it isn't possible to book in US $ in Canada.  When I tried to do so online, indicating location as US so I could book in US $$S,  it bounced me back to Canada site.  Others on the CC US site indicate they still can book the promo today even though some are told it's invalid.  You'd think their IT dept would remove the possibility if that's the case.

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I just put this question to a rep in the X President's office and was told it isn't possible to book in US $ in Canada.  When I tried to do so online, indicating location as US so I could book in US $$S,  it bounced me back to Canada site.  Others on the CC US site indicate they still can book the promo today even though some are told it's invalid.  You'd think their IT dept would remove the possibility if that's the case.

Try calling  & not doing it online where they will route you to the Canadian booking site

I use a US travel agent  & she will book in USD or CAD  

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

It appears that X is reading your IP address and, as you say, bouncing you back to the Canadian site. Have you tried to access the US site using a VPN? You might have better success that way. Of course, once you actually sign into your (Canadian) account, flags may go up.

• Thanks 1