Wine/Bringing On Cruise

m8zenblue

5 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

It was able to settle for about 6 days and it poured cleanly.

Sounds like a plan. The thing I need to remember is that we're aboard for two weeks, so there's always the option of putting it off until further into the cruise rather than having it for a first night celebration.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, canderson said:

Sounds like a plan. The thing I need to remember is that we're aboard for two weeks, so there's always the option of putting it off until further into the cruise rather than having it for a first night celebration.

For the first night, I normally bring a nice bottle of Schramsberg J Schram. Just chill and enjoy!

4 hours ago, neverlaysup said:

I took a 2000 Pétrus Pomerol earlier this year and we were going to have it in Murano (Anniversary Dinner). I coordinated with the Sommelier to come down at 5 and properly decant it. Our reservation was for 8 and it was perfect.

I assume you travelled from California - did you feel safe travelling with a 7K plus bottle of wine, or are you blowing smoke?

1 hour ago, MixerDave said:

I assume you travelled from California - did you feel safe travelling with a 7K plus bottle of wine, or are you blowing smoke?

At the time I purchased it, it was a fraction of the current pricing and yes, it was as safe as I could make it. I used a padded wine suitcase to carry it and a few others with us.

34 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

At the time I purchased it, it was a fraction of the current pricing and yes, it was as safe as I could make it. I used a padded wine suitcase to carry it and a few others with us.

We did not fly for this trip, we were on a multi stop vacation and took the train from LA to the DC for a week and then the train down to Ft. Lauderdale. The suitcase never left our possession so I tried to be gentle with it. If we were flying, not sure I would have brought that bottle due to handling and temperature changes.

20 hours ago, Beachlover1989 said:

We brought two bottles per person in June on the Summit.  The policy has definitely changed.  I read that other poster and the mistake they make was to put all four bottles in their checked bags.  You're suppose to bring them in your carry on.

We carried on 4 bottles and 2 were confiscated by the port security as we went thru screening.  We filled out some paperwork, left 2 bottles and explained the situation to Guest Relations once we were on board.  The two bottles were delivered to our cabin later.  The Guest Relations representative pulled up the website where the policy is written and did seem honestly surprised.  We were on the Equinox sailing out of FLL

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I can't speak for other ships/routes, but we just sailed aboard Silhouette and one of our stops was in Cork, Ireland -- home of the Jamison whiskey distillery. We booked this excursion through Celebrity.

While at Jamison, we purchased a bottle of whiskey, which we carried back to the ship and sent through the scanner/security as we re-boarded the ship.

Maybe we just got lucky, but security didn't care/flag us/give us a second look, and we carried the bottle back to our cabin, where we stowed it on a shelf for the rest of the trip.

Roll the dice and bring your bottles!

cjr

Has anyone, who did not have a beverage package, brought wine aboard?  The policy of 2 bottles pp without corkage appears to apply only if you have a beverage package. We are sailing soon with NO beverage package and I can't find on X's web site how much the corkage fee might be per bottle. The wine will be for in room consumption only.

Edited by Cajuntraveler