What is different on Comedy Theme cruises?

Ombud

I'm into music, A16 is all about sports, A8 will be at treehouse. But, that said, the Dec 19th cruise from LA fits time wise. Just not sure if I'll get music. Its ok if the production shows don't happen and comedy stays with the theater 

Want to use up A16 & A8's FCC from canceled March 20 Grand Princess cruise

I am not sure, but I think you would find an extra stand-up or two onboard...   There will certainly still be the ships band, and the rmusic.  But I imagine that they would take some extra time at the Theater and Vista for a comic, instead of an extra singer or musical act.    There is often an extra entertainer or two.  Could be anything from when they had the Beatle-maniacs, or a noted opera singer, things like that.

I don't think that all of the regular music. (ships band, ships orchestra, Crooners) would still be there.

Many just lose a bit of their time?

• Like 2

Our 4 night on the Grand last October turned into a comedy cruise after we booked.  There were 3 different comedians, and each had a show, plus a show the 4th night with all 3 of them doing a short set.  There was also daily trivia based on comedy tv shows (ie Sienfeld, I Love Lucy, etc).  I didn't notice any comedy on MUTS, but didn't pay much attention.  There was still lots of live music in the usual venues, and 2 production shows.

• Thanks 4

Cruise ships.  Where all old comedians go to die.     

most all comedians are terrible on cruise ships.  

only one cruise that I was on had some good comedians. And wasn’t CC or Princess.  

42 minutes ago, donswife said:

Our 4 night on the Grand last October turned into a comedy cruise after we booked.  There were 3 different comedians, and each had a show, plus a show the 4th night with all 3 of them doing a short set.  There was also daily trivia based on comedy tv shows (ie Sienfeld, I Love Lucy, etc).  I didn't notice any comedy on MUTS, but didn't pay much attention.  There was still lots of live music in the usual venues, and 2 production shows.

Relieved!! Now I'll ask my dtr if I can take the girls. Or maybe ask Princess 1st if the 8yo can go (unvaccinated)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, donswife said:

That’s about what I expected but I’m glad they didn’t replace the live music or production shows with mediocre stand-up. We’re also on the Discovery’s “comedy-themed” cruise this December and I was considering canceling if the theme was going to impact the entertainment any more than that.

5 hours ago, donswife said:

Oh thank goodness.  We booked one in February and wasn't sure what it was.  I had that fear of washed up comics in the Princess theater every night.  Maybe the problem with comedians on  cruise ships is that they have to clean up their acts, including language, and be non-offensive.