Rome (Civitavecchia) Nautica Tender Port?

solent

Cruise is Nautica Trieste to Barcelona we Civitavecchia  on 23rd September. I thought it was an error on the website and maybe the previous port Amalfi was a tender port, asked Oceania and they have confirmed Almalfi we are docking and Rome tendering 

14F9C38F-6048-46B7-A7DC-04BA58DDD967.jpeg

25 minutes ago, solent said:

Cruise is Nautica Trieste to Barcelona we Civitavecchia  on 23rd September. I thought it was an error on the website and maybe the previous port Amalfi was a tender port, asked Oceania and they have confirmed Almalfi we are docking and Rome tendering 

14F9C38F-6048-46B7-A7DC-04BA58DDD967.jpeg

There's a dock at Amalfi? Huh, I could sworn it was a tender port. 

Not surprised that HAL does not have a clue about their own ports.  Amalfi does not even have a dock/pier so any cruise ship calling there must tender.  As to Civitavecchia, it is a not only a large cruise port but also a commercial facility.  No ship tenders into Civitavecchia as there is always pier space.  Even if all the cruise ship piers were full (and we have never seen this happen) they could dock a cruise ship elsewhere in the port.

What is frightening is calling HAL and nobody having a clue.  Makes you wonder if they have a clue about anything.  The truth is that you are generally dealing with a low paid order taker working in a little cubicle with a computer monitor.  They only know what is on the monitor.  They see the same itinerary you see and the same errors.

Hank

8 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

Not surprised that HAL does not have a clue about their own ports.  Amalfi does not even have a dock/pier so any cruise ship calling there must tender.  As to Civitavecchia, it is a not only a large cruise port but also a commercial facility.  No ship tenders into Civitavecchia as there is always pier space.  Even if all the cruise ship piers were full (and we have never seen this happen) they could dock a cruise ship elsewhere in the port.

What is frightening is calling HAL and nobody having a clue.  Makes you wonder if they have a clue about anything.  The truth is that you are generally dealing with a low paid order taker working in a little cubicle with a computer monitor.  They only know what is on the monitor.  They see the same itinerary you see and the same errors.

Hank

HAL may not have a clue but this is the Oceania board and it's an Oceania cruise being discussed.

24 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

HAL may not have a clue but this is the Oceania board and it's an Oceania cruise being discussed.

LOL and O also does not have a clue.  But if they try to dock in Amalfi they will run aground and have one less ship :).   On the other hand, we are talking about "O" where on our December Marina booking our debarkation port of Lima turned out to be Santiago, Chile.  Only O could miss their debarkation port by 1500 miles LOL.

Hank

1 minute ago, Hlitner said:

LOL and O also does not have a clue.  But if they try to dock in Amalfi they will run aground and have one less ship :).

Hank

I'm pretty sure Oceania knows there's no dock in Amalfi. 😉

This is simply a case of a typo...the anchor symbol on the Rome line of the itinerary was intended  to go on the Amalfi line immediately above it.

The telephone customer service rep was just reading the same erroneous information that appears on the website. I wouldn't expect them to know any better. They just work from the information they're provided. 

1 hour ago, Hlitner said:

Hank

What is  more frighting is you do not know what forum you are posting on 🤔

• Haha 3

Thank you for all your replies, before posting I had called (big mistake) ended up telling them that Almalfi and Positano are not the same place! I then emailed Oceania, they replied by email stating Almalfi dock, Rome Anchor.  

I’m expecting Almalfi to be tender and just hoping that we dock In Civitavecchia.

2 minutes ago, solent said:

Thank you for all your replies, before posting I had called (big mistake) ended up telling them that Almalfi and Positano are not the same place! I then emailed Oceania, they replied by email stating Almalfi dock, Rome Anchor.  

I’m expecting Almalfi to be tender and just hoping that we dock In Civitavecchia.

Hope you are correct

not all the reps at O or any line  have a clue about things outside their  space

Please let us know  what happens 😉