Riveria Bathtub Updates

ORV

Just got this email from Oceania. For those that like tubs it seems there are still some options. 

Dear Valued Guests and Travel Advisors,

We would like to provide you with an important update on your cruise vacation that is scheduled to sail aboard Riviera.

Recently, Oceania Cruises unveiled its plans to re-inspire Riviera by dramatically upgrading all of her guest accommodations and public spaces. All guest accommodations will be completely transformed and outfitted with all new furniture and furnishings, wall coverings, upholstery, lighting, technology, additional storage space, and new bathrooms.

Based on feedback from guests, one of the major upgrades to the accommodations is that bathrooms in all category C Oceanview Staterooms, all category B1, B2, and B3 Veranda Staterooms, all category A1, A2, and A3 Concierge Level Veranda Staterooms, and all category PH1 and PH2 Penthouse Suites will now feature an oversized, walk-in rainforest shower with a built-in bench. The dramatically more spacious and functional walk-in shower was made possible by removing the under-utilized separate bathtub and small shower stall.

These changes will take effect with the sailing beginning on December 7, 2022.

The current bathtub and shower combination bathroom configuration will remain in place in category B4 Veranda Staterooms, category A4 Concierge Veranda Staterooms, and select category PH3 Penthouse Suites. Details on those specific accommodations are detailed below.

The Oceania, Vista, and Owner’s Suites will all retain their current shower and bathtub, albeit in spectacularly re-inspired bathrooms.

Penthouse Suites and Staterooms with the bathtub and shower:

PH3: 9138, 9145, 10002, 10003, 10004, 10005, 10008, 10009, 10010, 10011

A4: 9002, 9003, 9004, 9005, 9006, 9007, 9008, 9009, 9010, 9011, 9012, 9019, 9126, 9128, 9130, 9132, 9133, 9134, 9135, 9136, 9137, 9139, 9141, 9143

B4: 7010, 7011, 7012, 7014, 7015, 7016, 7017, 7018, 7019, 7020, 7021, 7022, 7023, 7024, 7025, 7026, 7027, 7028, 7029, 7031, 7102, 7104, 7105, 7106, 7107, 7109

Should you desire a stateroom or suite with the bathtub and shower combination, or if you are currently booked in one of the suites or staterooms listed above and prefer one of the new shower-only bathrooms, please do not hesitate to contact your Travel Advisor or Oceania Cruises to request a change.

Thank you for taking note of this important change. We look forward to welcoming you aboard the better-than-new and dramatically re-inspired Riviera.

Warmest regards,

Carlos E. Ortega
Vice President, Guest Services

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

I was just overwhelmed as I believe this is the 6th e mail from them that I have received today regarding an upcoming cruise.  As far as I can tell, our stateroom has just been "updated"......with no real changes....

But with the amount of reading that I am having to do with regards to this trip....I could be wrong! lol.....Seriously feel that this has been the MOST stressful cruise in terms of planning EVER.....First world problems to be certain.

But bathrooms?  Maybe I am missing something....

9 minutes ago, chloemonkey said:

As far as I can tell, our stateroom has just been "updated"......with no real changes....

Depends when your cruise is & what ship you are sailing on 🤔

6 hours ago, chloemonkey said:

I was just overwhelmed as I believe this is the 6th e mail from them that I have received today regarding an upcoming cruise.  As far as I can tell, our stateroom has just been "updated"......with no real changes....

But with the amount of reading that I am having to do with regards to this trip....I could be wrong! lol.....Seriously feel that this has been the MOST stressful cruise in terms of planning EVER.....First world problems to be certain.

But bathrooms?  Maybe I am missing something....

I think too much info is better than too little. When you have a cruise upcoming regulations and such are really subject to change so they are trying to make things as easy as possible. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ORV said:

Just got this email from Oceania. For those that like tubs it seems there are still some options. 

I was just coming on to post this newsflash. For us tub lovers, this is reason to celebrate indeed!

Earnie was one of my favorites. | Rubber ducky, Sesame street christmas,  Sesame street birthday party

• Like 2

Also received this email and not at all happy about it. 

The bathtub is being removed from our suite and none remain available with tubs - moving down to a veranda is our only option - on a cruise we booked 6 months ago.

A bathtub is a luxury at sea, while showers are easy to find. And having the butler draw a shower doesn't have the same cachet lol. Won't see that phrase selling suites.

I think the "under utilized" is most irritating. How does anyone know how long I spent in the bathtub last cruise? 

Would've been our first Oceania, but we're cancelling. Lots of other lines out there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Glad to see larger showers being installed. As a 6'1" person, the current walk in showers were very uncomfortable and not tenable.  God forbid you dropped the soap!  The only way to get a decent shower was to use the handheld in the tub, which was still not comfortable and was tricky to maneuver getting into and out of the bathtub.  Bravo on the cleansing experience for the majority...

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Sinbadssailors said:

Also received this email and not at all happy about it. 

The bathtub is being removed from our suite and none remain available with tubs - moving down to a veranda is our only option - on a cruise we booked 6 months ago.

A bathtub is a luxury at sea, while showers are easy to find. And having the butler draw a shower doesn't have the same cachet lol. Won't see that phrase selling suites.

I think the "under utilized" is most irritating. How does anyone know how long I spent in the bathtub last cruise? 

Would've been our first Oceania, but we're cancelling. Lots of other lines out there.

This is my new favorite reason for cancelling a cruise.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Sinbadssailors said:

We all have preferences when booking a suite. 

You do you. 

OK

Reasons not to choose a cruise

1. don't like the ships

2. don't like the itinerary 

3. don't like the crowds

4. unhappy with the service

1,300,241. Lack of bathtub.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

In near 50 cruises over 30 years on Oceania, SS, Seabourn,  HA, Cunard and others my spouse and I never used the bathtub except to ice beer. Most others we know did not either. What a waste of space. Finally a real sized shower. Let's hope Oceania is a trend setter.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Sinbadssailors said:

I, like you, absolutely love having the tub. I am glad that there will be an option moving forward for those who feel that this perk enhances their trip, while equally addressing those with an opposing view/preference. And I am sorry that you are being attacked for you decision and your opinion. Everyone has their own and should be able to voice them, especially in a forum such as this, without being made to feel or told they are "wrong". But most of all I am also sorry you will be missing out on the Oceania experience. I hope you will reconsider! 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, shepherd really said:

1,300,241. Lack of bathtub.

Depends on who you ask... This could be true or perhaps those of us who reap the benefits of spending time relaxing in a tub are just a little more chill and don't feel the need to thrust our preferences upon others and/or were too busy having a quiet soak when your imagined "survey" went out. 😉

Edited by clairol
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Sinbadssailors said:

When was your cruise?

Perhaps  in time a cabin with a tub in the same Cat  will become available  or those that just want a shower will try to change

If not  I hope you find another cruise line that suits your needs /wants

JMO

Seems like  a good compromise  to have some cabins  for the tub lovers

I have been around here long enough to remember when Marina  was introduced

the out cry  about the tubs taking up space was  deafening 

now they are removing them  again the  outcry  about losing such a valuable  thing

I guess the old saying about pleasing people is true  🤔

• Like 1

On 8/17/2022 at 1:33 AM, ToxM said:

I think too much info is better than too little. When you have a cruise upcoming regulations and such are really subject to change so they are trying to make things as easy as possible. 

AGREED!!  Better be fully informed with updated information than NOT receiving updates!!

11 hours ago, daveb82 said:

Glad to see larger showers being installed. As a 6'1" person, the current walk in showers were very uncomfortable and not tenable.  God forbid you dropped the soap!  The only way to get a decent shower was to use the handheld in the tub, which was still not comfortable and was tricky to maneuver getting into and out of the bathtub.  Bravo on the cleansing experience for the majority...

Looking forward to a larger walk-in showers!! 

Not only the bathtub is a dead trap for people who might slip and hurt themselves as they get in and out of the tub, but it also is a waste of precious space in the cabin.

Who would like to soak in a bathtub shared with thousands and thousands of people who had used it before you?

I think people who desire a bathtub have as much validity as I do for my utter hatred of bathtubs.    And yes, if the perfect itin presented itself on one of the R class ships, and I couldn't get a PH with a shower "just" large enough for me to bend over to retrieve a soap bar without opening the shower door, I would likely pass that cruise up and look elsewhere.  That's how much I hate those pneumatic tubes they call showers on those ships. (remember when department stores had those things?  I keep expecting to be shot out of the cabin and go from 4th floor lingerie to 8th floor store accounting)

I'm with Lyn.  This seems to be the best of both world sin that the majority of us who prefer showers get what we want, but there is still an option for the bathtub-lover.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Godblessourhome said:

Who would like to soak in a bathtub shared with thousands and thousands of people who had used it before you?

same could be said for many other things onboard 🙄

• Like 2