Sorta new to Royal-Question re Ports

Good Morning..  I normally have sailed Carnival in the past, pre-covid and vax mandates, but did sail RCI back in 2018 and had a great time.  I don't know much about RCI except what I have researched etc.  We have a cruise scheduled for February 11 on jewel, and now due to the lines opening up to non vaxxed, I had a question!!!

It appears we can now sail , BUT  i am told many ports still do NOT allow unvaxxed people on the islands, specifically, Labadee, Nassau, and FAlmouth?  Is this true still and anyone know the chances of this being lifted now that lines have opened up somewhat??   

Thanks for any info in advance 🙂

2 minutes ago, soapbxking said:

i am told many ports still do NOT allow unvaxxed people on the islands, specifically, Labadee, Nassau, and FAlmouth? 

This is true only for the Bahamas, a rule which I expect to change soon now that the CDC changed its guidance.

A few months ago, St. Lucia and Barbados only allowed vaxed to go beyond the terminal.  I imagine any port will set its own guidelines according to their current covid situation, including on short notice.  Things seem to be getting better, but you never know.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

A few months ago, St. Lucia and Barbados only allowed vaxed to go beyond the terminal.  I imagine any port will set its own guidelines according to their current covid situation, including on short notice.  Things seem to be getting better, but you never know.

True, i understand that. thanks 🙂  Just wanting to get any up to date info I can to see if this cruise will be a go at least at this time 🙂

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

This is true only for the Bahamas, a rule which I expect to change soon now that the CDC changed its guidance.

SO you are saying that at this time FAlmouth and Labadee will allow unvaxxed in ports from here on out(obviously they can change at a moments notice).??

8 minutes ago, soapbxking said:

my sailing would specifically be Nassau, Labadee, and FAlmouth

No issues in Nassau in April.  Labadee is Royal's private island so there shouldn't be any issues.  Will be in Falmouth in 2 weeks and haven't heard of any issues. 

10 minutes ago, njkruzer said:

No issues in Nassau in April.  Labadee is Royal's private island so there shouldn't be any issues.  Will be in Falmouth in 2 weeks and haven't heard of any issues. 

thanks so much, i bene hearing different for Nassau, is why i asked. Thanks!!  Would love to know about Falmouth after your journey 🙂