NCL shareholder credit

jonthomas

Contact your TA or O directly and have them confirm it is included in your booking statement. I have seen it reflected in a day or two and longer. O is not as big as RCL so maybe more people involved Pre Covid. You could resubmit it electronically and see if that helps. 
Mauibabes

Most important, you did send it to Oceania Cruises and not NCL?  On the Oceania website, go to the bottom under Company Info and then Investors and submit the application and proof of ownership. I would expect you would have it noted in your booking in a couple of days. 
A nice 15 day cruise and you have $250 in SBC.  For those of you who are blessed to cruise multiple times a year on Oceania, it takes a current $1500 purchase of stock  and generates a great ROI  that keeps on giving and giving and giving 💰🤪👍🤞

Mauibabes

10 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

Most important, you did send it to Oceania Cruises and not NCL?  On the Oceania website, go to the bottom under Company Info and then Investors and submit the application and proof of ownership. I would expect you would have it noted in your booking in a couple of days. 
A nice 15 day cruise and you have $250 in SBC.  For those of you who are blessed to cruise multiple times a year on Oceania, it takes a current $1500 purchase of stock  and generates a great ROI  that keeps on giving and giving and giving 💰🤪👍🤞

Mauibabes

Have not heard of the $1500 stock purchase. This is for multiple cruises? Was only aware of the 100 share purchase no matter the price of the stock for an individual cruise.

• Haha 1

M Bob,

there is no $1500 purchase, I was referring to the approximate stock price today and if someone bought 100 shares at todays prices they would have about $1500 invested. A 15 day cruise would earn $250 in SBC so a nice ROI in spite of what the stock value does. That is why that investment keeps on giving and giving.

Mauibabes

2 minutes ago, mauibabes said:

M Bob,

there is no $1500 purchase, I was referring to the approximate stock price today and if someone bought 100 shares at todays prices they would have about $1500 invested. A 15 day cruise would earn $250 in SBC so a nice ROI in spite of what the stock value does. That is why that investment keeps on giving and giving.

Mauibabes

Thank you for clearing it up for me. I own more than 100 shares to get the SBC. Not sure if I want to own more at this time. 

In my experience and based on reading posts on this forum, the credit is posted quicker when the form is submitted via email (not sure about fax). Also, they won’t accept it too early. By that I mean if your cruise is not for a while yet, they might not post the credit.

I submitted the paperwork about nine months before my cruise embarking spring 2023. Nothing happened. I sent a second request, marked “second request”. That time I got a response back telling me to wait until closer to the embarkation date and to resubmit the paperwork

1 minute ago, PhD-iva said:

In my experience and based on reading posts on this forum, the credit is posted quicker when the form is submitted via email (not sure about fax). Also, they won’t accept it too early. By that I mean if your cruise is not for a while yet, they might not post the credit.

I submitted the paperwork about nine months before my cruise embarking spring 2023. Nothing happened. I sent a second request, marked “second request”. That time I got a response back telling me to wait until closer to the embarkation date and to resubmit the paperwork

That makes sense...perhaps they want to be sure you still own the stock close to cruise time?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, JoePDX said:

I sent my request back on July 5 - no response.   Just resent, so fingers crossed.

Joe

I've run into the situation where somehow the fare I was booked under wasn't eligible, and when that has occurred rather than replying to let you know that's the case they just don't reply.  In both of those instances I've never found out what made those fares ineligible compared to others.  

• Like 2

in the fine print

Benefit is non-transferable, excludes Reduced Rate programs (e.g. employee rates, interline, friends /family rates, vendor rates, cruises taken via cruise credit certificate, or free cruises earned through Oceania Cruises loyalty benefits), and travel agent rates, and charters

https://d1io3yog0oux5.cloudfront.net/nclhltd/files/documents/Shareholder+Benefit+Offer.pdf

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, jonthomas said:

We want  to use it for a 15 day TA this November.  Hope they dont say TAs are not eligible. 

We're on the same TA and they've already given me the shareholder credit.  I sent it via email and it only took a few days for it to show up.

I sent in 3 requests at approximately the same time, but the only one they acknowledged was the November TA.  Still haven't heard a word about the other two (one in mid-2023; the other, mid-2024).  A few days later, I submitted another request for late 2024 and received an email that I need to submit it closer to the sailing date, since I must own the shares at time of sailing, not necessarily at the time of booking.

18 hours ago, JoePDX said:

I sent my request back on July 5 - no response.   Just resent, so fingers crossed.

Joe

Got a confirmation email this morning that my shareholder credit had been added to the booking.

Joe

• Like 1

thats great for both of you....

we have only done 3 O cruises and need to get to 5 to get any OBCs from O as part of loyalty...

the real perks kick in at 10 and 15.....

wasted a lot of time on Celeb....elite plus....and yes have RCI stock that I should sell....

1 hour ago, jonthomas said:

we have only done 3 O cruises and need to get to 5 to get any OBCs from O as part of loyalty...

wasted a lot of time on Celeb....elite plus....and yes have RCI stock that I should sell....

It's not the number of cruises, but the number of cruise credits.  10 is needed for included gratuities.  One cruise credit for any cruise less than 25 days.  

Edited by 1985rz1

1 hour ago, jonthomas said:

do a bunch of 7 or 10 day cruises  or  an ATW  cruise  you will be in the upper tier  sooner  😉

• Like 1

I experience, as of yesterday, that you won't hear boo, from the shareholder benefit people.  They acknowledged receipt of my application for the shareholder within two days after I submitted it.  I didn't find how the application was accepted until I got my "Final Cruise Vacation Summary" yesterday in an email from my TA.  The credit was listed on that summary.

34 minutes ago, cruiserfromohio said:

you won't hear boo, from the shareholder benefit people.  They acknowledged receipt of my application

My experience as well.

I received an automatic email acknowledging receipt of my request, upon the second submission. The money appeared on my booked cruise five weeks later after escalating up the customer service chain, resubmitting my request several times, my TA contacting her rep at least 3 times.
What works? Who knows.

I cannot believe a company can treat its clients this way - especially when they are shareholders.

(There are multiple threads about this terrible customer service)