What do you do with the Medallion after the cruise?

YWW

13 minutes ago, scott4020 said:

It's not an exception, it's what you do. It's what the pros do.

Yeah, I didn't word that well.  In practice what I find is that balls are more scattered in play such that don't often have a need to have someone move sideways.  Anyway, it happens for sure.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

How would you know?

I was unable to open my stateroom door with my Medallion.  Nothing worked.  Even putting it up directly to the screen.  Thank goodness my room was on the same level as Customer Service and MDR.  It still took time to get it fixed.  

I do not remember why I had to return to my cabin (but it must have been necessary).  I guess I could have taken care of it after dinner.

11 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I was on a b2b 25 day cruise.  My Medallion died on me at dinner time, the night before disembarkation (24 days).  Dinner table was being “held” for me because I had to go back to my room.  Door didn’t open.  Visit to Customer Service Desk.  Wait in short line.  Replaced Medallion with brand new one.  I had asked to keep the old one.  New one had all the “engravings”. Back to my room.  Finally arrived in dining room.  Staff had a good laugh.  

I don’t know if battery is dependent on often you enter room, order something, etc.  short by 14 hours. Ha Ha

BTW…Princess phone agent told me not to worry, I would be SENT a new Medallion for the second half of the b2b.   Think about that, I’ll wait !

• Like 1

On 8/19/2022 at 12:37 PM, 4x4bob said:

My Medallion came with a weak battery.  It was slow to open the cabin door and often when I ordered a drink it would not read and the bar tender had to ask my cabin.  After I returned home I read on CC that I should have gone to Passenger Service desk and had them install a battery, something that I had not read about before the cruise.

Bob

Same here. I never did get it replaced though as it worked "mostly" and my wife's medallion worked well. I did go through a short time when the dang thing gave me fits trying to reboard the ship though. I placed it against the reader several times with no luck until I turned it around and placed the other side (the front side) against the reader. Then it worked fine. When I got back to the cabin I looked at the thing and noticed that the back side looked really "weird". I had been carrying the medallion in my pocket and, as it turns out, a Canadian Toonie fits perfectly inside the back of the medallion holder. It  stuck to the magnetic Medallion. D'Oh!

• 5 weeks later...

There are two functions in the medallion. There is a bluetooth unit which is used for the long range detection for location and for opening the door at a distance. This requires a battery. There is also a 13.56MHz RFID reader. This is activated on occasions where you have to put the medallion up to the blue reader circle (such as leaving or returning to the ship). This does not have a battery.