Paper Straws??

csbenedict

Can anyone recently on the Eclipse confirm that they have done away with the awful paper straws?  I heard a rumor that they have switched to a biodegradable model.  If not, I either have to pack my own or learn to drink faster. 😄

Edited by csbenedict

Assuming the entire fleet gets the same supplies, the answer is likely "No." We're just off Apex and if the wrapper hadn't said it was a biodegradable straw, I'd swear it was a plastic straw. Unless they're in a transition period between suppliers, expect the good straws.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vermonter16 said:

On Apex this last January.... terrible paper straws.  Bring a metal one with you!

Or bring plastic. Straws are such a tiny part of plastic use that it makes zero sense to ban them before banning plastic bottles. Straws make up 1/250th of one percent of plastic found in the ocean. It is negligible beyond belief.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On Eclipse a few weeks ago and they had great straws.... biodegradable that felt like plastic...I hate the paper ones and we brought our own reusable ones and they stayed in the cabin.  Going to Hawaii on Eclipse with 2 other couples in September and I bought them all reusable too lol ...