Will business prevail?? Why NOT Florida?

13 hours ago, orville99 said:

Actually, what Carnival said to the analyst community this week was that new bookings this month exceeded the number of new bookings in the same month in 2019. Not entirely sure where "doubled" originated.

I heard it on my local news radio station and posted that yesterday.

15 hours ago, soapbxking said:

First, no politics, just wondering why.....  I see that Carnival has opened up to unvaxxed, while Royal has not opened up ports in Florida like they have in California and Galveston?  Anyone know why and when this should/will change?  I see Carnival doubled its bookings yesterday...think Royal will see this and quickly move to open Florida??

Don't understand it either.  Plenty of people ready to flock to Norwegian or Carnival.  Get your crap together Royal

11 hours ago, Ravensfan1973 said:

Don't understand it either.  Plenty of people ready to flock to Norwegian or Carnival.  Get your crap together Royal

According to the head of the Port Canaveral Port Authority, all of the ships home ported and currently sailing out of the port (11 ships) are sailing at 100%+ capacity, and several are exceeding 110%+. That does not create any urgency to change policy on the cruise lines.

• Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Ravensfan1973 said:

The only people itching to flock to Norwegian or Carnival are the unvaccinated.  For vaccinated cruisers, it really doesn't matter because they can sail on any Royal Caribbean ship.

Since Royal Caribbean is already sailing at 100-110%, it really won't impact their bottom line at all since the unvaccinated are not currently sailing on Royal Caribbean. 

I am sure there are a few vaccinated cruisers that will want to "stick it" to Royal Caribbean and move, but there are plenty more vaccinated cruisers whose only concern is the itinerary and the ship.  

Perhaps this is their niche?  Now they are the only cruise line to offer vaxxed cruises from Florida.  There are still plenty of cruisers who prefer that.  And a vaccinated ship seems to be working for them since they are sailing at 100% capacity.

They have offered opportunities to sail on Royal Caribbean unvaxxed from other ports. It is not like they are excluding the unvaccinated cruiser completely.

Edited by cured
  • Haha 1

On 8/18/2022 at 10:48 AM, Starry Eyes said:

I hope everything is sorted out soon.

You could look at “cancel for any reason” insurance.  You’d have protection against policy changes as well as the all the other things that could come along.

indeed, we normally do that, but in this case wasnt wanting to deal with airlines vouchers etc.  but now it doesnt matter 🙂

On 8/19/2022 at 12:02 PM, cured said:

The only people itching to flock to Norwegian or Carnival are the unvaccinated.  For vaccinated cruisers, it really doesn't matter because they can sail on any Royal Caribbean ship.

Since Royal Caribbean is already sailing at 100-110%, it really won't impact their bottom line at all since the unvaccinated are not currently sailing on Royal Caribbean. 

I am sure there are a few vaccinated cruisers that will want to "stick it" to Royal Caribbean and move, but there are plenty more vaccinated cruisers whose only concern is the itinerary and the ship.  

Perhaps this is their niche?  Now they are the only cruise line to offer vaxxed cruises from Florida.  There are still plenty of cruisers who prefer that.  And a vaccinated ship seems to be working for them since they are sailing at 100% capacity.

They have offered opportunities to sail on Royal Caribbean unvaxxed from other ports. It is not like they are excluding the unvaccinated cruiser completely.

this didnt age well at all 🙂  hahaha  so now i can sail form Florida 🙂  i normally sail Carnival, but have sailed RCI in the past.  My upcoming is a RCI as it is a music cruise set up by friend sof mine.  so thus they chose RCI this go around 🙂  I have liked both.

19 minutes ago, soapbxking said:

as stated previously, i am scheduled out of Florida, not Calif. or the northeast 🙂

Because your opening comment (although not political) makes it appear as if Florida is being treated differently than the rest of the US.

40 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Because your opening comment (although not political) makes it appear as if Florida is being treated differently than the rest of the US.

if someone had actually asked instead of assumed they would know that i asked because numerous sailings leave out of florida, including mine).  but these days everyone wants to be offended, or assume something that isnt there :-0

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1