QM2 questions

3rdGenCunarder

Cunard has been sending emails about my upcoming cruise. telling me how wonderful it will be and suggesting ways to make it special (by buying extras, of course). The latest was about dining. it said that afternoon tea is in the Britannia Restaurant or Kings Court. So have they stopped using the Queens Room, or is this another example of Cunard's inability to keep track of itself? (Tea was in the QR on QE in June, so I'm inclined to think this is an error.)

Does anyone have recent experience with vegan menus? The website says to choose the night before, but does not say to make arrangements in advance of the cruise, as people do for severe allergies or medical conditions. 

Are there still "always available" items in Britannia?

And finally, what production shows are they doing at the moment? Please, please, please, don't tell me Apassionata!!!

• Thanks 1

Tea was in the Queens Doom on QM2 last month. I would have thought it would be a terrific nuisance to have it in the restaurant when they have to be ready for the first dinner sitting not long after.

Appasionata was on last month, and something called Broadway Rocks.

i will check carefully through the Daily Programmes to see if I can find a mention of always available. But I shouldn't imagine they have stopped it.

Just ask you dining room waiter for the vegan menu and you can choose what to have the following night.It is an excellent menu with about 16 dishes but it does not change.Sometimes there are also vegan choices on the main menu

12 hours ago, exlondoner said:

Tea was in the Queens Room on QM2 last month. I would have thought it would be a terrific nuisance to have it in the restaurant when they have to be ready for the first dinner sitting not long after.

exlonder,

I thought the same thing as you. You hold lunch and clean up... Then you setup for Afternoon Tea then clean up again.....Soon will be First Sitting of Britannia Dinner...Didn't make sense...

Some one must have not edit it for typos.... Everyone has read before booking about the elegant Tea in the QR.....

there were some always available items when we were on QE this/last month. Not on the menu but there if you asked - prawn cocktail, cesaer salad, tomato soup, grilled chicken or salmon (I think). Usually a veggie and a vegan choice on the menu. My OH is lactose intolerant and they brought him the next day's menu to choose from the night before. Just ask the section head or Maitre d' - they are very accomodating. 

• Like 2