Silver Muse causal attire.

Ben100014

Hey all,

Just boarded the Silver Muse today, and our butler just told us that we can “absolutely” wear jeans for casual attire (at least for tonight). Does this line up with everyone else’s experiences? 

Also, if anyone has any questions about certain things onboard, I’d be happy to try to find out answers for you if I can! Just let me know! :)

Thank you! I suppose I can use this post as a bit of a trip report.

Everyone and everything top notch so far. Dining at Indochine tonight, and we were promptly sat by the window. Food is excellent, and we were served a delicious drink called an Asian Mist. It was so good, in fact, my father (who does not drink) ordered another for himself. 

One young gentleman attempted to dine in a sleeveless shirt and basketball shorts and was promptly sent out to change, despite his protests that he thought tonight was casual night. He apparently didn’t get the memo that this isn’t Carnival. 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ben100014 said:

Just boarded the Silver Muse today, and our butler just told us that we can “absolutely” wear jeans for casual attire (at least for tonight). Does this line up with everyone expectations?

Yes, jeans are allowed on casual nights. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ben100014 said:

Thank you! I suppose I can use this post as a bit of a trip report.

Everyone and everything top notch so far. Dining at Indochine tonight, and we were promptly sat by the window. Food is excellent, and we were served a delicious drink called an Asian Mist. It was so good, in fact, my father (who does not drink) ordered another for himself. 

One young gentleman attempted to dine in a sleeveless shirt and basketball shorts and was promptly sent out to change, despite his protests that he thought tonight was casual night. He apparently didn’t get the memo that this isn’t Carnival. 😉

Looking forward to reading about your trip🙂........I am on the next one.  As for shorts at dinner? Yikes......there is casual and then there is just plain silly. So, did he change and come back?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bearsparents said:

Really, jeans are allowed on casual night in the dining room and bars? 

This outrage regarding jeans is remarkable. There are some very high end, very expensive jeans from widely recognized designers.  Why should they be frowned upon so?

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

Looking forward to reading about your trip🙂........I am on the next one.  As for shorts at dinner? Yikes......there is casual and then there is just plain silly. So, did he change and come back?

Wonderful! You will definitely enjoy it. Yes-pretty distasteful for someone on a luxury cruise! 

He put on a long sleeve shirt and was let back in-with the basketball shorts and tights still on. Not ideal, but I don’t think the crew wanted to make him go change again and I don’t blame him haha. 

Thanks for the info and yet confusing as usual.  I would like to wear jeans when allowed on casual night.  I am not formal and I freeze so generally jeans are warm and bulky wool sweaters are my thing.  Of course the issue is packing so only one sweater allowed.  Hm giving me a lot to think about while I begin packing this weekend.  

Edited by Bearsparents
Typo

I was under the impression that casual nights were only on the first and last night of the cruise hence the allowance to wear jeans - first evening one might not have unpacked completely or had a chance to press any items and last night because most people will wear what they are going to wear the next day as suitcases are already packed. Makes sense on these nights for jeans to be worn. 

I can only comment on our experience.In June on the Shadow we asked if my husband could wear jeans on the last. We  needed to pack.Told no.We dressed everynight and enjoy it but the last night would have been nice.

21 hours ago, Observer said:

This outrage regarding jeans is remarkable. There are some very high end, very expensive jeans from widely recognized designers.  Why should they be frowned upon so?

There are some very high end, very expensive bathing suits from widely recognized designers.  Should they be allowed in?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, ClefsDor said:

I was under the impression that casual nights were only on the first and last night of the cruise 

This is not the case on longer cruises. Casual nights can be sprinkled throughout the cruise. They are not as frequent as informal nights and generally occur when a ship is in port until late in the evening.   

38 minutes ago, Rothko1 said:

There are some very high end, very expensive bathing suits from widely recognized designers.  Should they be allowed in?

Thank you for your important question, which is doubtless on the minds of many Silversea guests.  The cruise line should have stated explicitly that swimwear is not acceptable in the restaurants at dinner time. Failure to do this has led to the category error your question implies.  Bathing suits and jeans are in different categories. The former is in the swimwear category; the latter in the category of trousers.  🙂   

• Like 1

On 8/19/2022 at 10:28 AM, Observer said:

Besides, how does someone wearing nice jeans affect your cruise???????

11 hours ago, Capri73 said:

I can only comment on our experience.In June on the Shadow we asked if my husband could wear jeans on the last. We  needed to pack.Told no.We dressed everynight and enjoy it but the last night would have been nice.

On the last night you should be able to wear what you want, within reason.

7 hours ago, fdnycruiser said:

Sooo, should those expensive designer jeans that come all ripped with holes, threads showing be allowed?  Have to draw the line somewhere. 

No, should Tux’s that have seen a better day be allowed?

I’ll say this with respect to the discussion as I think it’s fairly obvious that the line caters to a certain clientele-if you don’t want to follow the dress code, there are plenty of other fine lines that will cater to your preferences.

My folks and I went to Atlantide last night for informal night, and my dad and I were asked to wear jackets, despite us wearing nice collared shirts and slacks. We didn’t really care to do this so we were directed to-and welcome to eat in Indochine.

As for additional updates, everything has been wonderful. The food, for the most part, has been excellent. A few misses, but overall, the quality and preparation are good. Service is excellent-by far the best we’ve had on a cruise. All staff members from the CD on down to the waiters make an effort to learn your name and preferences. I suppose this is a benefit of small ship sailing!

A few oddities-my mom can’t stand cilantro and requested it not be added to her meal that was served last night. However, we were told by the waiter that 24 hour notice was required for special requests? Kind of silly you need to put in advanced notice for a small omission of an ingredient. 

There was an issue a few nights ago where I did not receive the side order I had made and my steak was virtually raw, but this was promptly corrected. The time to receive food is a bit on the longer side. Each meal has taken at least an hour and a half from start to finish.

The pizza restaurant was good, but not really worth the wait, in our opinion. The grill looked far more enticing and that is what we will be trying for lunch today.

-Ben, whale watching in Juneau 

• Like 1