Change of cabin?

Daniel A

I am interested in a particular cabin on a future cruise in 2024.  Right now, that cabin is showing as unavailable.  I have booked the cabin next door, but I would prefer the other one if it became available.  Is there a procedure to wait list for a particular cabin if it becomes available?  I understand that I could keep checking every few days and switch then, but I'm just wondering if there is a way I could have 'first dibs' if it became available.

Thanks for any help.

• Like 1

Do you know if that cabin was showing booked several days ago?

Often people, or TAs will like automatically put a hold on a cabin when they start looking at a cruise, but not actually book right away.  

Also, if you are booking for 2 people, but a cabin has a max occupancy of 3 or 4, it won't show you that cabin to select.  Which cabin on which ship are you hoping for. People have been running into that glitch or issue with Princess online.

If you have not, try making a mock booking for 3 and 4 people, and see if that cabin then shows up.

If that is the problem, pullman berths in the cabin you are wanting, I do not know if there is any work-around.  Perhaps book for 3 and then remove the third person?

If that booking process is the issue, I am not sure that even most people at Princess know about it or how to work around it.

Good luck!

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

I am interested in a particular cabin on a future cruise in 2024.  Right now, that cabin is showing as unavailable.  I have booked the cabin next door, but I would prefer the other one if it became available.  Is there a procedure to wait list for a particular cabin if it becomes available?  I understand that I could keep checking every few days and switch then, but I'm just wondering if there is a way I could have 'first dibs' if it became available.

Thanks for any help.

If you have a TA/CVP also have them check periodically for you. They do hold back some of the inventory too. There’s no way for us to know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, skynight said:

Is it a cruise that is sold as both a 7 & 14 day or a 10 and 20 day? If so the cabin may be reserved for those on the trip you are not booking.

No, it is one 14 day sailing.  I guess, I will need to keep checking.  My concern is that if the cabin I wanted becomes available, I might have to re-book under a new rate which could be substantially higher.

50 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

No, it is one 14 day sailing.  I guess, I will need to keep checking.  My concern is that if the cabin I wanted becomes available, I might have to re-book under a new rate which could be substantially higher.

You don't have re -book under a new rate of you are just changing rooms, as long as the current cabin is the same category as the one you are trying to book.

Also, ask your TA if you can waitlist a particular room.... I know you can on RCI/Celebrity, not sure about Princess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Daniel A said:

You can only be placed on a waitlist for a particular cabin category, not for a specific cabin.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

You can only be placed on a waitlist for a particular cabin category, not for a specific cabin.  

I placed two cabins on hold yesterday and I now want to remove the hold on one of the cabins.  How do I do this?

Just now, Daniel A said:

I placed two cabins on hold yesterday and I now want to remove the hold on one of the cabins.  How do I do this?

It will just fall off all on its own in about 3 days.  You really don’t have to do anything since there is no money down on it.  
There’s no way that I know of to take it off a hold unless you call Princess and that could be a long time on hold.