Trusted online proctors

coaster

Things have changed when CVS and Walgreens testing were free earlier this year. Thought Royal would of done away with by now,  but guess not....Anyway, getting our free government covid tests this week.  Have earlier ones at home that are now expired.  Is it mainly eMed and Onpoint now?  Just want to get it right...

Edited by coaster
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, coaster said:

Things have changed when CVS and Walgreens testing were free earlier this year. Thought Royal would of done away with by now,  but guess not....Anyway, getting our free government covid tests this week.  Have earlier ones at home that are now expired.  Is it mainly eMed and Onpoint now?  Just kind want to get it right.

Emed will only proctor tests that are ordered from them….

If you want to use the government freebies the two most popular online proctor companies seem to be:

OnPoint

Rapid and Trace

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, coaster said:

Things have changed when CVS and Walgreens testing were free earlier this year. Thought Royal would of done away with by now,  but guess not....Anyway, getting our free government covid tests this week.  Have earlier ones at home that are now expired.  Is it mainly eMed and Onpoint now?  Just want to get it right...

Expiration dates have been extended, so check the online list of new expiration dates for the kind of tests you have.  Onpoint will accept the expired test if it is on the list, so you might be able to use your older ones and save the ones that are coming this week.

• Like 1

We used Rapid Test and Trace 2 weeks ago and were very happy with them.  Was able to reschedule to earlier times for some of us due to a schedule change for our day- but they only had a few earlier times, so my husband and I were going to keep our late appointments (10:45pm).  When the proctors came on (2 different appointments), they both accommodated us (one allowed 2 of us to test and the other allowed 3 of us to test).   It was very easy and we were happy with the proctors we had!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We had a great experience with Emed. We did have to order their test kits, but insurance paid for half. We did the tests from a hotel in Amsterdam over hotel wifi and had no wait time for testing and a good connection both times. Email and app results arrived immediately. 

I think our insurance might cover CVS and Walgreens testing.  Not sure and it is another stress point. At least we have an extra day to test, but seems to be more of a mystery to get an online proctor unless you order eMed ahead of time. Past that point now. Did eMed last year when appointments were hard to get at CVS and Walgreens. I really thought testing would go away by now and scrambling to figure out what company to go with. Will just pay out of pocket at CVS or Walgreens is the only safe choice now. 

Shopping around for an online proctor just is not something that seems normal just to take a cruise. Rapid Test and Trace a good choice? Never heard of this company and don't want to be scammed. Lots of covid scams out there. I trust  CVS and Walgreens though.

Edited by coaster

Never meant to post a duplicate post,  but this thread helps me. Thousands of people going on cruises now, but distrust online proctors since Royal has not listed the ones they approve or suggest unless you order eMed tests. Might be overly paranoid, but just want no issues later.

6 hours ago, coaster said:

I think our insurance might cover CVS and Walgreens testing.  Not sure and it is another stress point. At least we have an extra day to test, but seems to be more of a mystery to get an online proctor unless you order eMed ahead of time. Past that point now. Did eMed last year when appointments were hard to get at CVS and Walgreens. I really thought testing would go away by now and scrambling to figure out what company to go with. Will just pay out of pocket at CVS or Walgreens is the only safe choice now. 

Shopping around for an online proctor just is not something that seems normal just to take a cruise. Rapid Test and Trace a good choice? Never heard of this company and don't want to be scammed. Lots of covid scams out there. I trust  CVS and Walgreens though.

We felt same way, so called our insurance United Health and asked, they will only pay if you have symptoms. CVS said it would take 1 to 2 days for results in our area. We live in Fl so there are alot of retirees. We decided to go with rapidtestandtrace as they were very helpful with chat and wife and I will be proctered at same time. Hope this helps, and relax and just breathe. Also, if you go with rapid, you have to pay first and then set up schedule at end. 

• Like 1

Hi,

We're sailing this coming weekend, and I'm reading conflicting requirements for telehealth testing. My 2 yo is fully vaccinated, and from reading Royal requirements, I assumed he's eligible to do the telehealth testing.  But according to the below, he needs to be a minimum age of 5 .

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/is-there-a-telemedicine-option-for-pre-cruise-covid-19-test

But according to the below we should be okay using telehealth to satisfy the pre-boarding test.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-tests-are-accepted-where-to-submit-the-results

I'm probably not interpreting it correctly.  

Any thoughts if we're okay to use telehealth for my vaccinated  2 yo? 

Thanks

23 minutes ago, eggnoodle said:

***updated correct link***

Hi,

We're sailing this coming weekend, and I'm reading conflicting requirements for telehealth testing. My 2 yo is fully vaccinated, and from reading Royal requirements, I assumed he's eligible to do the telehealth testing.  But according to the below, he needs to be a minimum age of 5 .

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/is-there-a-telemedicine-option-for-pre-cruise-covid-19-test

But according to the below we should be okay using telehealth to satisfy the pre-boarding test.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/what-tests-are-accepted-where-to-submit-the-results

Thanks

Edited by eggnoodle

20 minutes ago, eggnoodle said:

Hi,

Thanks

I think the "five years old" is part of an old policy (back when you had to be 5yo to be vaccinated).

That's the problem with having info on more than one page, and an inept IT department like Royal's.  They also continually sent emails to people to register their kids for pre-boarding testing, even after the kids had been vaccinated and the vax cards uploaded.

When kids started to be allowed to get the vaccine, the policies were supposed to have all changed over so that anyone vaccinated followed the same procedures as vaccinated adults did originally.  

I would feel very confident with the whole family doing the same telehealth testing. 

1 minute ago, brillohead said:

I think the "five years old" is part of an old policy (back when you had to be 5yo to be vaccinated).

That's the problem with having info on more than one page, and an inept IT department like Royal's.  They also continually sent emails to people to register their kids for pre-boarding testing, even after the kids had been vaccinated and the vax cards uploaded.

When kids started to be allowed to get the vaccine, the policies were supposed to have all changed over so that anyone vaccinated followed the same procedures as vaccinated adults did originally.  

I would feel very confident with the whole family doing the same telehealth testing. 

Thank you for your quick response!  I figured the 5yo requirement was outdated info, but wanted to check nonetheless. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chev29 said:

We felt same way, so called our insurance United Health and asked, they will only pay if you have symptoms. CVS said it would take 1 to 2 days for results in our area. We live in Fl so there are alot of retirees. We decided to go with rapidtestandtrace as they were very helpful with chat and wife and I will be proctered at same time. Hope this helps, and relax and just breathe. Also, if you go with rapid, you have to pay first and then set up schedule at end. 

Good to hear. Just paid and trying to schedule now. Have a question about ones that recently expired and used chat, but it is just a bot I am typing to. Don't know the name of the free goverment tests I will get tomorrow in the mail as they want that information to schedule. Hopefully they get back to me.

Rapid Test and Trace just got back to me and said my recent expired tests are still good. Thank you for the suggestions here for them and the info about the possible extension of expiration. They are nice to work with.

Edited by coaster

16 hours ago, coaster said:

Rapid Test and Trace just got back to me and said my recent expired tests are still good. Thank you for the suggestions here for them and the info about the possible extension of expiration. They are nice to work with.

How far in advance can you make an appt? And did you have to pay when you made the appt?

Edited by KATHYMAC68

On 8/21/2022 at 8:37 PM, bayportkat said:

We used Rapid Test and Trace 2 weeks ago and were very happy with them.  Was able to reschedule to earlier times for some of us due to a schedule change for our day- but they only had a few earlier times, so my husband and I were going to keep our late appointments (10:45pm).  When the proctors came on (2 different appointments), they both accommodated us (one allowed 2 of us to test and the other allowed 3 of us to test).   It was very easy and we were happy with the proctors we had!

Hi.  We are using rapid test and trace on Thursday for our cruise leaving Saturday.  Can you tell me what kind of certificate or proof they emailed you. I am getting a little nervous about this.  Thanks

1 hour ago, moey142 said:

Hi.  We are using rapid test and trace on Thursday for our cruise leaving Saturday.  Can you tell me what kind of certificate or proof they emailed you. I am getting a little nervous about this.  Thanks

They e-mail you a PDF file. My proctor stayed on the video chat to make sure I received it and that the info was correct. Nothing to be nervous about.