Cruise docs

Marie51

No but I do anyway. I like having the fine print with me in case something would arise. I have a folder that has paper copies of cruise contract, Travel insurance policy, and set sail passes even though I call them up on my phone. I heard stories of people's phone dying right before they needed to show an agent their set sail pass. I like having backups and keep the folder in my backpack. It doesn't take up much room.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

No but I do anyway. I like having the fine print with me in case something would arise. I have a folder that has paper copies of cruise contract, Travel insurance policy, and set sail passes even though I call them up on my phone. I heard stories of people's phone dying right before they needed to show an agent their set sail pass. I like having backups and keep the folder in my backpack. It doesn't take up much room.

I am not a "paper person".  I try to keep as little paper as possible and have all of my documents stored electronically, synchronized across several computers and OneDrive.  Of course I do keep paper copies of things that are required, like care titles, birth certificates, notarized documents, etc. but they are also scanned and saved.  I can get to all of my stuff from anywhere in the world.  

Having said that, I always carry printed copies of travel documents "just in case".  I'd hate to miss a cruise or a flight because I dropped my phone and broke it right before boarding.  I just print the SetSail pass, though.

• Like 4

A few pages can be useful.  Page with onboard credit.  Page that shows paid transfers.  Last page with luggage tags.  I do save a copy of the docs on phone to see all the rules agreed to but don't ever look at them.

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I like your style @seadog - I do the same - last cruise we were one, the couple we were with couldn't get their iPhone to pull up the docs...Me, I WHIP OUT MY... papers and sail through...

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Marie51 said:

Is it really necessary to print out all those pages of the cruise docs and bring them with you?

Not necessary at all.  Just save them in your email if you want to keep them.  Otherwise just print out your luggage tags on page 19….

3 hours ago, bgoff60 said:

I like your style @seadog - I do the same - last cruise we were one, the couple we were with couldn't get their iPhone to pull up the docs...Me, I WHIP OUT MY... papers and sail through...

Why do I suddenly have the urge to watch Blazing Saddles? 

• Haha 1