LaGuardia hotel to Brooklyn Pier

Atlantic Canada

We have confirmed a one night stay at a LGA hotel for our November cruise with Princess. Speaking to Princess they are saying that their transfer to the ship from LGA is $93. a person. Knowing that we think we will do a taxi as there are 4 of us travelling together. Has anyone done the taxi from LGA to the pier and if so do you have a ballpark dollar amount for that type of transport? Also, not mowing New York travel companies at all, is there one you would recommend?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 hours ago, Atlantic Canada said:

We have confirmed a one night stay at a LGA hotel for our November cruise with Princess. Speaking to Princess they are saying that their transfer to the ship from LGA is $93. a person. Knowing that we think we will do a taxi as there are 4 of us travelling together. Has anyone done the taxi from LGA to the pier and if so do you have a ballpark dollar amount for that type of transport? Also, not mowing New York travel companies at all, is there one you would recommend?

$ 93 per person?  I've never seen cruise line transfers priced anywhere near that amount . That's outrageous...and it wouldn't surprise me if the quote is wrong.

Regardless, I agree with @George C that Uber or Lyft is the way to go. as I write this Uber is estimating a fare of about $66 for an Uber XL. You should get the Uber XL to accommodate 4 passengers with luggage.

A local non-luxury car service such as Carmel Limo will probably be in the same ballpark.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/23/2022 at 8:40 AM, Atlantic Canada said:

I have a counsin who lives in the city and flies in and out of LGA frequently, the word is that Uber prices are going up and Taxi is the preferred method but Uber/Lyft/Taxi and all safe methods. I too got a quote of $80 PP and going with private transportation also from LGA to the Brooklyn cruise terminal. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, eajung66 said:

I have a counsin who lives in the city and flies in and out of LGA frequently, the word is that Uber prices are going up and Taxi is the preferred method but Uber/Lyft/Taxi and all safe methods. I too got a quote of $80 PP and going with private transportation also from LGA to the Brooklyn cruise terminal. 

I'm not sure you're getting good info there. Plus taxis are on the meter-- traffic can alter your cost significantly vs a firm quote from a service like Dial7/Carmel or the quote you are given when you confirm on the Uber/Lyft app. Not to mention that all of those options you will likely end up in a much nicer car than the average NYC taxi. 

For 2 people I would say roll the dice and see what Uber/Lyft cost when you got there and at very least you could always pivot to a traditional taxi. But with 4 people you also have to take into consideration that the front fourth seat (assuming 3 across the back) wont always be guaranteed in a taxi or that a minivan taxi might not be immediately available. All problems that can be solved by booking a Dial7/Carmel in advance or using UberXL. 

• Like 1