Shipmodels for sale onboard

Norwegian Cruiser 73

According to a thread back in 2013 Azamara didn't sell shipmodels onboard,  at least back then.

But I can confirm that they now sell beautiful and quite detailed models in the shop onboard for those interested. The price is USD 45. I did buy one last week , as a memory of the cruise onboard the Journey.

20220824_185219.jpg

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Belfastman said:

This is the model on sale on Pursuit in June.16614258630686587457344723415630.thumb.jpg.24c2569477b56a1a2fe7371fe243c41e.jpg

That’s much nicer than the other ones which we saw in person. They weren’t that well made/ decorated so not really worth the dollars. This looks more like something I would buy. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, donaldsc said:

As someone who has built accurate scale model ships,  I am not very impressed with the detail on any of them.  They may look better in real life but the pictures and the details of the models look really cheap.

DON

Maybe they would look better in a bottle.  Particularly after you drained the bottle!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, donaldsc said:

As someone who has built accurate scale model ships,  I am not very impressed with the detail on any of them.  They may look better in real life but the pictures and the details of the models look really cheap.

DON

That’s a very fair assessment 

55 minutes ago, donaldsc said:

How fun.  Thanks for sharing.  They have Majesty of the Seas which is the first vessel I ever cruised on.  Although the model is a bit pricy for my budget at $799, but that does include shipping.

• Haha 1

The models sold onboard are souvenir models and not that detailed but they are still a nice souvenir from the cruise. MSC Cruises have really nice and much more detailed shipmodels for sale onboard. 

Here is a nice model of the Azamara Journey in a display box :

https://cruiseshipmodelsyardscherbak.weebly.com/collectors-series-r-class-cruise-ship-models-11250-scale-from-oceania-and-azamara-cruises.html

• Like 2

On 8/26/2022 at 2:17 PM, USC Adventurer said:

I never thought about husky for other ship models I'll have to go back to the store tomorrow and ask him what other should they have thanks for advising me about that

Where is your destination? What cruise journey  are you on?