Lavazza coffee maker

hey-buc

Hello,

The model number of the machine  is a LB300USA. The types of Lavazza pods it takes - two different ones - are 'Blue' and 'Expert' but not 'A Modo Mio'. Lavazza also make pods for other manufacturers' machines, or at least supply the coffee, that, needless to say, do not fit the machines in suites on Royal.

Personally I don't think they are an improvement simple 'drip' coffee machines. I take ground coffee bags with me that I much prefer to these machines that work - noiselessly - with boiling water. I start it brewing before I enter the shower in the morning and by the time I have dried myself the coffee is ready to drink.

I have a similar machine to the ones in DL & CL at home.

Regards,

Cublet

• 8 months later...
Just now, Kearhartkbds said:

What happens if I do not like or want the espresso machine would prefer the old 2cup coffee or single coffee maker, would they replace it?  

The cabin stewards may be quite good at getting stuff, but they can't get you something that is not on the ship - not sure there are any on board even if they wanted to swap them for you.

4 minutes ago, Kearhartkbds said:

no worries then I will just order regular coffee ...somehow I thought they had it in stock ...Jr suites have regular coffee makers 

That likely varies by ship - if you mention the ship and cabin type someone may chime is with what is currently in that cabin category.

31 minutes ago, Kearhartkbds said:

What happens if I do not like or want the espresso machine would prefer the old 2cup coffee or single coffee maker, would they replace it?  

One suggestion is to get a regular cup for the room, and fill it using just one pod.  Depending on the cup size, it should be close to two long pulls. The cup will be replaced every day by the room steward. 

2 hours ago, Kearhartkbds said:

ok will try that.  also when we embark is there any other restaurant we can go to

besides wind jammer for lunch ?  as grand suite this ship doesn't have coastal

kitchen so wonder where we can go besides buffet...

thanks 

Main dining room….

I know Chops is supposed to be available, but we didn’t try it a month ago. 

thank you so much.  this surely  helped.  did  you go on radiance of seas?  heard that is a beautiful ship. the grand suite suppose to be very elegant nicer than the newer ships. again  thanks

Yes, back in Feb. And had a GS. We had a great time!

wow so glad you had great time on radiance of seas gs...so on embarkation day where did ya all eat at buffet how was food?  was cabins ready 1pm or earlier?  we're on hump cabin 1060 heard it's nice big balcony.  how was everything ..thanks 

wow so glad you had great time on radiance of seas gs...so on embarkation day where did ya all eat at buffet how was food?  was cabins ready 1pm or earlier?  we're on hump cabin 1060 heard it's nice big balcony.  how was everything ..thanks 

We had lunch at the Park Cafe, which was also where we got breakfast. It’s a pretty short walk there. I don’t think we ever ate at the WJ. Or even spent much time in the suite lounge, lol. 

We boarded in Texas, and I think cabins were ready at 1:30. We were in 1036, saw some rust on the underside of deck 11, but other than that she was great. Had fun meeting the entertainment group, as they performed at many events. 

sounds like you had a great time....cruises are so memorable and excursions and I just can't wait 

everytime I do a cruise somehow I end up either knowing the filipino bands (I'm a entertainer musician keyboardist lead vocalist) and I end up performing singing and then everyone knows me onboard lol just fun to be on other side instead of working onboard 

• 2 months later...

First time on Royal in a Grand Suite and love me some good coffee LOL - would like to bring along some of my own/additional pods (especially a few decaf ones - would those be available onboard?).

Would either of these work in the machine provided?

https://www.amazon.ca/Lavazza-Espresso-Nespresso-Compatible-Capsules/dp/B07G9Y7HHM/ref=sr_1_1?qid=1689605478&refinements=p_89%3ALAVAZZA&s=grocery&sr=1-1&th=1

https://www.amazon.ca/Lavazza-Espresso-Nespresso-Compatible-Capsules/dp/B07GB2TJTV/ref=sr_1_1?qid=1689605478&refinements=p_89%3ALAVAZZA&s=grocery&sr=1-1&th=1

2 hours ago, Froufie said:

First time on Royal in a Grand Suite and love me some good coffee LOL - would like to bring along some of my own/additional pods (especially a few decaf ones - would those be available onboard?).

Would either of these work in the machine provided?

https://www.amazon.ca/Lavazza-Espresso-Nespresso-Compatible-Capsules/dp/B07G9Y7HHM/ref=sr_1_1?qid=1689605478&refinements=p_89%3ALAVAZZA&s=grocery&sr=1-1&th=1

https://www.amazon.ca/Lavazza-Espresso-Nespresso-Compatible-Capsules/dp/B07GB2TJTV/ref=sr_1_1?qid=1689605478&refinements=p_89%3ALAVAZZA&s=grocery&sr=1-1&th=1

Those don't appear to be the correct size.  Search LB300USA Pods

lava.webp

On 7/17/2023 at 12:58 PM, neverbeenhere said:

Those don't appear to be the correct size.  Search LB300USA Pods

Well I tried - a) very hard to find and b) when I did I discovered they only comes in boxes of 100?  I love coffee but that is slightly overkill for a 7 day cruise?  LOL - oh well guess I will have to rely on whatever is supplied onboard?  (and I assume replenished daily?)

1 hour ago, Froufie said:

Well I tried - a) very hard to find and b) when I did I discovered they only comes in boxes of 100?  I love coffee but that is slightly overkill for a 7 day cruise?  LOL - oh well guess I will have to rely on whatever is supplied onboard?  (and I assume replenished daily?)

Don’t assume. Lol!  We had one cruise where they were out of regular pods and only provided us with decaf. 

That being said, also do a search for “Lavazza Expert Espresso”.   The Expert pods will also fit in the machines on board AS LONG AS they aren’t the ones marked with 8 oz (they’ll still fit, but might not brew correctly. It has to do with the grind). Also search for “Lavazza Welcome Kit”. It’s a nice little mix of espresso and decaf. Again…just don’t use the ones that are marked 8 oz. You never know…you might fall in love with the machine and end up getting one as a “souvenir” like my husband did. We started with the one like on the ship and then upgraded after our last sailing one that makes lattes and cappuccinos. 

20 hours ago, monorail81 said:

Don’t assume. Lol!  We had one cruise where they were out of regular pods and only provided us with decaf. 

That being said, also do a search for “Lavazza Expert Espresso”.   The Expert pods will also fit in the machines on board AS LONG AS they aren’t the ones marked with 8 oz (they’ll still fit, but might not brew correctly. It has to do with the grind). Also search for “Lavazza Welcome Kit”. It’s a nice little mix of espresso and decaf. Again…just don’t use the ones that are marked 8 oz. You never know…you might fall in love with the machine and end up getting one as a “souvenir” like my husband did. We started with the one like on the ship and then upgraded after our last sailing one that makes lattes and cappuccinos. 

the hunt continues - but I am not that successful.  I have found some of the Expert ones - and am avoiding the 8 oz ones but the espresso size (1.3oz) should work - I am in Canada and trying to get some but most sites here are sold out LOL - I have reached out to Lavazza Canada via Facebook and will see if they can advise.  

While I did find some on Amazon.ca they are super overpriced at around $60-$70 for a 36 pod box!!! 😞

22 hours ago, Froufie said:

Yes,  that is the catch until you find the blend you like.  The sampler box helps. 

I finally found the blue blend Cafe Crema which is one of the blue pods used on ship I assume,  and the Expert pods are interchangeable with the blue and its runs about 55 cents per cup for coffee.

For the latte's you use a different pod which is a double expresso and the blend I use  Expresso Gusto Intenso X2 works pretty good for me for expresso, lattes and macchiatos and lungo too.

And I buy them on Amazon too.  No more Starbucks.

52 minutes ago, Froufie said:

the hunt continues - but I am not that successful.  I have found some of the Expert ones - and am avoiding the 8 oz ones but the espresso size (1.3oz) should work - I am in Canada and trying to get some but most sites here are sold out LOL - I have reached out to Lavazza Canada via Facebook and will see if they can advise.  

While I did find some on Amazon.ca they are super overpriced at around $60-$70 for a 36 pod box!!! 😞

Oh, no!  I’m so sorry!  That’s a lot more than the American Amazon. Maybe you can connect with someone on your sailing who would buy them for you and give them to you aboard. The lowest price I see is $18.99 for a 36 count. When do you sail?

44 minutes ago, monorail81 said:

Oh, no!  I’m so sorry!  That’s a lot more than the American Amazon. Maybe you can connect with someone on your sailing who would buy them for you and give them to you aboard. The lowest price I see is $18.99 for a 36 count. When do you sail?

Don't leave til Aug 26 - still time to hunt some down - or as suggested see if I can get someone to bring some along  - we shall see!  🙂

I wish they'd put one in my cabin.  We have a DeLonghi Magnifica at home and we go through Lavazza Espresso 2.5 lb bag of whole beans every 3 weeks or so.  Order them 3 at a time off Amazon for $14.99 a bag.  I don't consider it bitter at all.  But if you don't like Euro espresso you might.  Lattes and Cappuccinos have lots of milk or cream (we're Keto as well) in them so the coffee has to be strong. Love me my Lattes and Cappuccinos!  I think Starbucks is fine if you order quad shots!  LOL

Edited by BecciBoo