Live-ish from Celebrity Infinity (8/20-8/27)

zaxanon6

Thanks for your review.  We’re on the Constellation this coming Oct. and hoping they will have the afternoon tea in the Oceanview.  We love the scones!  We have always enjoyed the M class ships and looking forward to the T pool.  

51 minutes ago, chemmo said:

Thanks for the review, it is a few years now since we cruised on M class, your pictures are bringing back lots of memories!

My most recent sailings were on Edge and Silhouette. There were several times during this Infinity cruise that I'd look around the room (the Solarium, the MDR, etc.) and think, "Gosh, this ship is small!" Not in a bad way, at all. It never feels TOO small, it's just obviously narrower and the spaces are smaller. Cozy and more relaxed. The cewmember that we first met on Silhouette and then saw on Infinity said he liked the slower pace on the smaller ship, so it's obvious to more than just the passengers.

I'm glad Celebrity has the different ship-type options; they're all great in their own ways.

Edited by zaxanon6

6 minutes ago, GEORGIEGIRL said:

If you have them, could you possibly post the "Dailies" from your cruise. We board her this Saturday and are still trying to see if there are any special "Themed" nights to do. We love to dress up if they are scheduled to happen. TIA.

KJM

Sorry, I didn't bring the dailies home. IIRC,  there was a full moon party (even though it wasn't a full moon 🤭), a pool deck dance party, and a silent disco.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, zaxanon6 said:

I would be very interested in hearing your perspective. I'm always trying to convert my cruiser friends to Celebrity. 😊

I heard that Simone Biles was on the ship, but did not see her or Aly Raisman. I probably would have been a blubbering mess if I had. They are incredible, inspirational women for what they've done both in sports and in life.

Simone Biles has been named the Godmother of the Beyond, so she will be on the Beyond in early November for the naming ceremony......so interesting to me that she was onboard the Infinity, now!

Edited by lexmiller
spelling
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, CRLess said:

We were on the same voyage as you.  Thanks for your review...it pretty much sums up our thoughts.  I may post a separate review from a die-hard Princess cruiser perspective.  One comment we have is how dark Cellar Masters was every evening...we called it the dungeon.  I've never seen a lounge on a ship with such horrible lighting.

14 hours ago, zaxanon6 said:

The Rendezvous Lounge was also incredibly dark. I assumed that was the atmosphere they were going for, even if I couldn't understand why. They shut all the blackout curtains on the windows at about 5:30pm and it felt like you were in a basement nightclub. There was some bright glare of the sun off the water, but I think they could have dealt with that without going so far.

One of the best things Celebrity did when "revolutionizing" the Summit and Millennium was a total redo of the Rendezvous lounge. It went from a truly weird, cave-like space into a light and airy venue. Cellar Masters also got new lighter carpet and furniture upholstery on the Summit, which makes a huge difference.

Infinity and Constellation haven't been so lucky from what I can tell. We're sailing the Infinity next year, and already trying to prepare for the old-school decor and staterooms. 

On 8/26/2022 at 12:36 PM, zaxanon6 said:

If you want a chair with an umbrella, it’s $35 for the day (including WiFi and drinks from the bar).

Hi! Do you purchase this when you get off? I'm assuming so 🙂 Is there a way that reserves it for you-I'm going by myself so if I want to run back on the ship to get lunch or something and come back to the beach, would the chair still be there for me? 

3 minutes ago, soloadventurer18 said:

Hi! Do you purchase this when you get off? I'm assuming so 🙂 Is there a way that reserves it for you-I'm going by myself so if I want to run back on the ship to get lunch or something and come back to the beach, would the chair still be there for me? 

Yes, we paid cash once we got ashore and picked out the chairs we wanted. They're not affiliated with the ship; it's not like Perfect Day at Coco Cay.

There are restaurants on the beach, but I understand not wanting to shell out more money when there's food you already paid for on the ship. I'd recommend asking the gentlemen on the beach what the best way to 'mark' your chairs would be. Maybe leaving a towel, but if it gets taken, you may owe the ship for it. They may have a better idea. Or you might meet someone at the solo traveler meetups on the ship who wants to go to the beach and you could watch each other's things. Or even meet someone on the beach; we chatted with several very nice people.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, zaxanon6 said:

Yes, we paid cash once we got ashore and picked out the chairs we wanted. They're not affiliated with the ship; it's not like Perfect Day at Coco Cay.

There are restaurants on the beach, but I understand not wanting to shell out more money when there's food you already paid for on the ship. I'd recommend asking the gentlemen on the beach what the best way to 'mark' your chairs would be. Maybe leaving a towel, but if it gets taken, you may owe the ship for it. They may have a better idea. Or you might meet someone at the solo traveler meetups on the ship who wants to go to the beach and you could watch each other's things. Or even meet someone on the beach; we chatted with several very nice people.

Thank you! Do you recommend getting off early-limited number of chairs and they seemed to go quickly? 

7 minutes ago, soloadventurer18 said:

Thank you! Do you recommend getting off early-limited number of chairs and they seemed to go quickly? 

It'll depend on how many ships are in port; there are websites that show the schedule each day for each location. Things were pretty quiet early in the morning, but later on more people were awake and the Carnival ship showed up. It seemed like more people wanted the chairs without umbrellas or cover, but there were definitely a lot more people in the area by noon.

3 hours ago, soloadventurer18 said:

We're booking the ship's tour for Bimini to Paradise Beach that includes the chair, umbrella and the "free" tram. Pre-book discount was $61.98 for the two of us. Regular price was $36 pp. We figure as a ship's tour we'll get first priority for the tram and beach location. 

1 hour ago, chrismch said:

We're booking the ship's tour for Bimini to Paradise Beach that includes the chair, umbrella and the "free" tram. Pre-book discount was $61.98 for the two of us. Regular price was $36 pp. We figure as a ship's tour we'll get first priority for the tram and beach location. 

@soloadventurer18

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding your post,@chrismch. I'm not sure if you were trying to suggest an alternative for a different port or if wires got crossed. Just to make sure we're all on the same page:

When I mentioned the cost of $35 for chairs, umbrella, WiFi, and drinks, that was for the beach next to the pier in Grand Turk, not Bimini. It was also the total cost, not per person; there are 2 or 3 lounge chairs under each umbrella. At Bimini, there's only one ship at the pier per day (so less tourists on the island) and probably less competition for spots at any one beach since Resort World (also sold through the ship) is right down the road. Taking the tram back to the ship for lunch on Bimini is feasible but a greater distance than the walk back to the ship in Grand Turk.

Edited by zaxanon6

1 hour ago, cruzfiend said:

Did you hear of anyone who did the “Snorkle and Boat Party @Sosua Beach” in Puerta Plata?

Sorry, I did not. You might try posting on the roll calls from recent Eastern Caribbean sailings (8/20, 8/6, etc.) to see if anyone has done that tour.

That was a great review. I LOVE the old M class ships. They actually look like SHIPS.😄 I'm going on the Summit in October, but your review of Infinity makes me think that would be a good one to watch...

• Like 1