Pre-Bermuda Onboard Covid Testing

senorfrog2

• senorfrog2 changed the title to Pre-Bermuda Onboard Covid Testing

If Silhouette doesn't stop in Bermuda, it'll be 9 consecutive sea days!!

However there doesn't seem to be much to do in Bermuda especially on a Sunday. 

Edited by senorfrog2
Add another idea

Maybe Bermuda should eliminate the testing requirement. 

ps. My understanding is the testing for TA’s is required only if you plan to get off the ship in Bermuda. If you want to stay on board, don’t test. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

My understanding is the testing for TA’s is required only if you plan to get off the ship in Bermuda. If you want to stay on board, don’t test. 

I read the new rules (eff. Aug. 22) exactly the same way.  Specifically, this language:

"Bermuda’s Testing Requirements on the ship

Children under 2 years old are exempt from the following tests:

1. All passengers 2 years and older must go to a testing facility to have a COVID-19 test taken no more than two days before embarkation. Click here for the requirements for a valid pre-travel test. Your test result must negative to board the ship. Bring your negative test result certificate to show at embarkation, as well as your approved Travel Authorisation.
  2. If your cruise will take more than 4 days to arrive to Bermuda, passengers wishing to get off the ship in Bermuda must take another supervised COVID-19 test on board, no more than 2 days before arrival to Bermuda. "

Guests will still to get a Bermuda Travel Authorization and pre-cruise test in order to board.

https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

54 minutes ago, mfs2k said:

Maybe Bermuda should eliminate the testing requirement. 

ps. My understanding is the testing for TA’s is required only if you plan to get off the ship in Bermuda. If you want to stay on board, don’t test. 

Why they want me to pay $40.00 if I don't get off the ship in Bermuda?

12 minutes ago, verizon said:

if I could make 3000 people pay me $40 I would. That's $120,000 per ship

Edited by mfs2k

11 minutes ago, verizon said:

its free money for them 🙂 they should not make you have to have a test to board the ship if they tell you that you  have to get a test 2 days before landing .. it does not make sense 

1 hour ago, tonyinoc said:

its free money for them 🙂 they should not make you have to have a test to board the ship if they tell you that you  have to get a test 2 days before landing .. it does not make sense 

Their country, their rules.  The test to board the TA, for us, would be either 10/10 or 11 and a test 2 days before Bermuda would be on 10/20.  With 3000 passengers plus crew in 10 days there will undoubtedly be some who tested negative in Barcelona and will have Covid by the time we get to Bermuda.

14 hours ago, senorfrog2 said:

If Silhouette doesn't stop in Bermuda, it'll be 9 consecutive sea days!!

However there doesn't seem to be much to do in Bermuda especially on a Sunday. 

All attractions are open. Restaurants are open. Beaches are open of course. Only stores are closed in Hamilton and St.George. Stores are open in the Dockyard. Been there on Sunday and found plenty to do.

3 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

All attractions are open. Restaurants are open. Beaches are open of course. Only stores are closed in Hamilton and St.George. Stores are open in the Dockyard. Been there on Sunday and found plenty to do.

And All tours are going and there are stores open beyond the dockyard. They Are aware of 3K+ potential customers.

We wont miss out getting to the Diamonds International that is sooooo selective and hard to find! 

den 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, pontificator said:

Has Celebrity provided any official statement regarding providing a supervised/proctored covid test or whether they would cover the $40 Bermuda travel authorization fee? It would seem that they need to provide clarification on this issue...

You're on your own for the paperwork and $40 fee.  Onboard testing $ now in question since it now (Aug 22) appears it's only required if disembarking in Bermuda.

6 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

I read the new rules (eff. Aug. 22) exactly the same way.  Specifically, this language:

"Bermuda’s Testing Requirements on the ship

Children under 2 years old are exempt from the following tests:

1. All passengers 2 years and older must go to a testing facility to have a COVID-19 test taken no more than two days before embarkation. Click here for the requirements for a valid pre-travel test. Your test result must negative to board the ship. Bring your negative test result certificate to show at embarkation, as well as your approved Travel Authorisation.
  2. If your cruise will take more than 4 days to arrive to Bermuda, passengers wishing to get off the ship in Bermuda must take another supervised COVID-19 test on board, no more than 2 days before arrival to Bermuda. "

Guests will still to get a Bermuda Travel Authorization and pre-cruise test in order to board.

https://www.gov.bm/cruise-travel-authorisation

This is what I have a issue with Bermuda is our first port of call arriving in 2 days after we embark if we don't plan on getting off the ship we still have to test no matter what ,if coming in 4 days or more after we embark and DON"T plan on getting off the ship NO test is needed why the difference. 

16 minutes ago, pamkev said:

This is what I have a issue with Bermuda is our first port of call arriving in 2 days after we embark if we don't plan on getting off the ship we still have to test no matter what ,if coming in 4 days or more after we embark and DON"T plan on getting off the ship NO test is needed why the difference. 

Everyone whose cruise has a port call to Bermuda has to test to get on the ship, no matter how many days that port call is after embarkation.