Sports (Football) & Cider question - Enchanted Princess

ToonSailor

Hi,

I've got 2 queries, I'm hoping someone can help with! (Decided to post 1 topic and not 2 to save spamming!)

We've sailed previously with Cunard and P&O, but not been on Princess before.

Previously we managed to watch a Premier League game or two onboard. Do Princess also show Premier League Games and if so, which locations?

Also, I'm predominantly a cider drinker, I previously managed to find a drinks list and it seems they only serve strongbow? Is this still accurate and is it the same all over the ship? I really hope not as we got Magners and even Fruit Ciders as an option when we last sailed (which was several years ago!).

I'll make do I'm sure, but just helpful to know in advance!

Cheers,

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Depends when and where the ship is at the time.  You will normally be able to watch one game on your cabin TV, and the same game may be shown on MUTS. 

Thanks for the response, it's a Scandinavian cruise!

Excuse my ignorance, but what is "MUTS"?

3 minutes ago, ToonSailor said:

Thanks for the response, it's a Scandinavian cruise!

Excuse my ignorance, but what is "MUTS"?

In which case I suspect you will probably be able to see selected games.

MUTS is the big screen by the main pool.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, joe/jack said:

Good Day

ARE WE TALKING ABOUT FOOTBALL OR SOCCER?
WE HOPE TO SEE SOME NFL ON THE MUTS IN

SEPT ON OUR NEW ENGLAND/CANADA CRUISE

NOTHING BETTER THAT FOOTBALL 🏈 OUTSIDE

ON A COOL EVENING 

The OP mentioned Premier League,  therefore Association Football.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joe/jack said:

Good Day

ARE WE TALKING ABOUT FOOTBALL OR SOCCER?
WE HOPE TO SEE SOME NFL ON THE MUTS IN

SEPT ON OUR NEW ENGLAND/CANADA CRUISE

NOTHING BETTER THAT FOOTBALL 🏈 OUTSIDE

ON A COOL EVENING 

Using all caps is the internet version of shouting.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, partybarbie said:

Strongbow and Angry Orchard are the two that I am aware of. 

That would be brilliant if we have an alternative to Strongbow! Thanks for the information.

(Yes, I meant what you call Soccer)

• Like 1

We've also seen Rekorderlig on board even in the Caribbean, but the ship had just come from the Baltic.  That being said, such a think could be available on your itinerary especially.

We've also really enjoyed a drink that used to be on the menu (made with Strongbow) that is still available (just not listed).  It's called a Granny Smith.  It can be a nice way to switch up a Strongbow.  It's essentially, apple schnapps - lemon juice - and a Strongbow made as a cocktail. 

Edited by dweidensaul

6 hours ago, wowzz said:

The OP mentioned Premier League,  therefore Association Football.

Given that Sky Sports is the provider of the live sports coverage, I'd say you will get your Premier League fix.

I'm more interested if they'll show the Opening Week NFL games on 9/11 as well as a couple of big College Football (American style) games in the opening weeks.

4 hours ago, DCThunder said:

Given that Sky Sports is the provider of the live sports coverage, I'd say you will get your Premier League fix.

I'm more interested if they'll show the Opening Week NFL games on 9/11 as well as a couple of big College Football (American style) games in the opening weeks.

On a European cruise,  highly unlikely. Just too niche ! 

• Like 1

I was on Enchanted at the beginning of August and they showed Premier League games on the big screen by the main pool on Friday night , Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon. 

You can also watch them on the TV in your cabin. 

14 hours ago, esstheman said:

Last time I checked, Princess uses Sport24 as its channel, and it covers a wide variety of events, including Champions League and the Premiership, as well as American sports.  https://sport24live.com/schedule

Yes, they showed The Masters in April and some NBA playoff games when the Premier/Champions League matches were done.  

On 8/25/2022 at 1:50 PM, DCThunder said:

NFL always on N.A. sector cruises.  Wouldn't count on it in Europe (odd times as well).

On 8/25/2022 at 6:50 PM, DCThunder said:

We watched the Liverpool v Man Utd match last Monday on MUTS and that was a BT feed, they didnt show many matches on the sports channels on the cabin tv.

Hi we’ll be on the Discovery out of LA in October. Does anyone know if it will show English soccer matches either in cabin or on the MUTS?   With the time difference there’d be a match on the Sunday sea day at 8.30am - would love if it was on the big screen but if not if Discovery have sports 24 then breakfast in the cabin and watching Liverpool get beat will work as well 🤞

1 hour ago, Tishntez said:

Hi we’ll be on the Discovery out of LA in October. Does anyone know if it will show English soccer matches either in cabin or on the MUTS?   With the time difference there’d be a match on the Sunday sea day at 8.30am - would love if it was on the big screen but if not if Discovery have sports 24 then breakfast in the cabin and watching Liverpool get beat will work as well 🤞

I very much doubt they will be shown given the profile of the clientele - we've been on six Princess cruises out of the US and can't recall seeing much if any English soccer coverage on the big screens.

Edited by dides

1 hour ago, dides said:

I very much doubt they will be shown given the profile of the clientele - we've been on six Princess cruises out of the US and can't recall seeing much if any English soccer coverage on the big screens.

I agree - virtually no chance at all.