"O" large ships vs "O" smaller ships

tripperva

3 minutes ago, PhD-iva said:

No, I agree w you. I studied past exams knowing which professors repeated questions from previous years. With my good short-term memory, I past many a test.

My students were not so lucky!

So we agree. Thus my comments on cell phones lighting up on most every Trivia question. They are consulting their smartphones for the sole purpose of cheating to win. How childish! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pinotlover said:

So we agree. Thus my comments on cell phones lighting up on most every Trivia question. They are consulting their smartphones for the sole purpose of cheating to win. How childish! 

it should be all hands on the table  & no cell phones

How silly of "adults" feeling the need to cheat  for  Big O points 🙄

• Like 1

I don't care whether it's politicians or Oceania – you can't re-write history!  They were called 'R-class' by Renaissance to distinguish them from the eight first-generation ships that were 'Renaissance class.'

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renaissance_Cruises

BTW, six of those first-generation ships are still sailing as cruise ships – and IMHO they are even nicer than the second-generation 'R-ships.'  118 passengers, all spacious outside cabins with bigger bathrooms than the R-ship non-suite cabins.  For a recent review on one of these beauties, I humbly offer:

12 hours ago, pinotlover said:

I’ll never forget our favorite CD Barr kicking an entire team out of Trivia for blatant cheating. Prohibited them from participating in any other Trivia events for the rest of the cruise! 

Other CDs just allow people to Google answers without impediment. Took the fun of the competition for us, so we rarely participate. It’s amazing, to us,

that some keep questions and answers from multiple past cruises on their phones so to get answers and gain more points. O points can’t be that precious, so trying to combat short term memory loss is the obvious issue.

So it’s ok if I download past answers in my brain and store them there?

• Haha 1

It seems the same people go to trivia  on every cruise

The  questions  are basically the same  from cruise to cruise  

so people will get it right  a lot of the time

just depends on their memory LOL

We cruised Marina in June of this year with a group of family/friends.  Several were quite enthusiastic about trivia and confidence was high.  Every day there was one standout team that finished in the top spot, often with a perfect score.  One person looked familiar in some way to me.  I saw her in Terrace Grill and asked if I should know her.  Well, yes!  She was a Jeopardy contestant that competed in the Tournament of Champions in 2021.  Our trivia team made a major adjustment to our expectations.

Katie

• Like 4
  • Haha 1