Airport to Hotel Transfer by Oceania?

adorocke

Hi there-  We are arriving to the cruise departure city the day before embarkation.  Will Oceania provide an airport transfer to the (independently booked) hotel?  Hotel is just less than a mile from the ship...  TIA!

46 minutes ago, adorocke said:

Do people typically grab a taxi once at the airport?  Debating arranging a car service ahead of time? 

Depending on where you are staying would make my decision. Many times I stay at a hotel close to the airport that has a shuttle, and take that to the hotel. Sometimes I'm spending more than just the night before in a city and stay at a more centrally located hotel. It's generally hard to find a hotel with shuttle from airport and then to ship, unless it's a paid shuttle to ship. If we are staying at a hotel with airport shuttle usually just take an Uber to cruise port. 

Maybe things have changed by now but in the past if you used an Oceania hotel package for pre- or post-cruise, a transfer from ship (or airport) to the hotel was free. If you booked a transfer through them otherwise it was for a fee, and that fee (in our experience) was generally a lot more than we could do on our own.

Mura

• Like 2

OP - First welcome to Cruise Critic.  I see you're new around here.  Enjoy!

Generally, the more info you give when you post a question, the better the info you get back.

So, What city are you flying into?  Advice is different for Miami vs. Rio!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mura said:

Maybe things have changed by now but in the past if you used an Oceania hotel package for pre- or post-cruise, a transfer from ship (or airport) to the hotel was free. If you booked a transfer through them otherwise it was for a fee, and that fee (in our experience) was generally a lot more than we could do on our own.

Mura

Mura, it has changed, now if you fly with Oceania in on the day of the cruise, then the transfer is included. 

10 hours ago, Mura said:

Mura

I think the OP booked their own hotel not through O  so on their own to the hotel & port  same as before

The change  is   as Orv posted  

arrive sailing day  not sure if only O air  or everyone gets the free transfer to the port

53 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I think the OP booked their own hotel not through O  so on their own to the hotel & port  same as before

The change  is   as Orv posted  

arrive sailing day  not sure if only O air  or everyone gets the free transfer to the port

Pretty sure it’s only O air. I do know if use O’s air, and I go in early, that it’s not allowed to go back to the airport and take the transfer.  

45 minutes ago, ORV said:

Pretty sure it’s only O air. I do know if use O’s air, and I go in early, that it’s not allowed to go back to the airport and take the transfer.  

Yes  I agree

I think only those using O air  arriving the day of the cruise get the free transfer to the ship

Unless you book their hotel package then a different kettle of fish 😉

Most places just as easy to get  taxi or private car service

Thanks, All -  We booked our own flights into Trieste and own hotel in Trieste for night prior to embarkation.  I arranged a car service for airport-hotel through my Priority Pass/Amex services.  

But how about at disembarkation... if flying on your own booked flights that same day, does Oceania provide the airport shuttle then from ship to airport?  I had thought so?  

17 minutes ago, adorocke said:

Thanks, All -  We booked our own flights into Trieste and own hotel in Trieste for night prior to embarkation.  I arranged a car service for airport-hotel through my Priority Pass/Amex services.  

But how about at disembarkation... if flying on your own booked flights that same day, does Oceania provide the airport shuttle then from ship to airport?  I had thought so?  

Our experience has been that usually you can add the transfer (for a cost) to your invoice before final payment or on the ship when the disembarkation info is distributed before disembarking, space available.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2022 at 8:56 AM, ORV said:

Mura, it has changed, now if you fly with Oceania in on the day of the cruise, then the transfer is included. 

Of course we never do that so for us the point is moot!  But I'm glad to have the current information.

On our last Renaissance cruise, we booked our own air (coming in early as usual) to Athens and found that we were on a flight largely populated with Ren passengers on our cruise.  The van was there for transfer to the hotels and so we just joined them ... doubt we could do that today, however!  They just assumed that everyone boarding the van was entitled to do so ...

Mura

So, we are flying into FCO (Rome) the day before our departure, and staying at the airport Hilton.  Oceania will allow us to return to the airport arrival area to board a transport van to the port of Civi.., for a fee of I think $75 per person.  It's offered on the website under managing our trip.   But it is cheaper for us to book a private car from Cab Roma, which will pick us up in front of the hotel at the time we specified.   I believe the fee is $134 for the two of us in the car.   Preferable on several levels, imho.   

• Like 1