Can you change expense accounts later?

ashkir

Right now, 3 members of our group are out on a trip and will not be available to enter their credit card info until litterally 1 day before the cruise starts.

Can we use Cash for our entire group to check in, and change the card expense accounts later?

Edited by ashkir

You can skip that section in check-in and fill it out once you're able. Just go ahead and go through check-in and fill that in when you can.

Or you can select a cash account and fund it with a credit card at the pier as you said.

Either way, I would not delay check-in as that may mean you don't get the arrival appointment you want.

3 minutes ago, mz-s said:

You can skip that section in check-in and fill it out once you're able. Just go ahead and go through check-in and fill that in when you can.

Or you can select a cash account and fund it with a credit card at the pier as you said.

Either way, I would not delay check-in as that may mean you don't get the arrival appointment you want.

Unfortunately expense accounts are now required in order to print boarding passes 😞 

I'll probably just use cash for these people

3 minutes ago, Wennfred said:

You can change expense accounts when you get onboard.

Thank you! We have a lot of older ladies in our group. Carnival has made this online checkin process pretty confusing for them so they don't know why there's so many quesitons when Pre-COVID they just went in person and gave their card. They don't trust the internet lol

1 minute ago, ashkir said:

Thank you! We have a lot of older ladies in our group. Carnival has made this online checkin process pretty confusing for them so they don't know why there's so many quesitons when Pre-COVID they just went in person and gave their card. They don't trust the internet lol

Just make sure to have everyone there at Guest Services in line as soon as you board the ship.

1 hour ago, ashkir said:

The check in process changed well before COVID

My sisters and I occasionally cruise together and I always do individual "cash" accounts. Much easier to check in and everyone can add their own cards, cash or gift cards later at the port or guest services once onboard. 

9 hours ago, ashkir said:

Unfortunately expense accounts are now required in order to print boarding passes 😞 

I'll probably just use cash for these people

You don't need to print boarding passes to choose a check-in time. Or are you saying once they are able to enter in their expense account, there won't be time to print boarding passes? In that case, starting with Cash and switching to a card once onboard sounds like your best bet.

1 hour ago, mz-s said:

You don't need to print boarding passes to choose a check-in time. Or are you saying once they are able to enter in their expense account, there won't be time to print boarding passes? In that case, starting with Cash and switching to a card once onboard sounds like your best bet.

They are saying that you used to be able to print boarding passes without completing every section of the online check-in.  That has changed.  You must set up some sort of onboard account during your on-line check in to make it complete (even if that selection is "cash").  Only then can you print your boarding passes.

• Like 1

I have done this in the past but if I chose the cash option I needed to provide a minimum amount before boarding. Has that changed? You still would not be able to purchase anything until there was cash or card in the account. If optional, I would do it at the pier while I am already at a checkin desk and not have to wait again in line.