Terminals at Port Everglades. Will the ship return to the same terminal?

bmc alabama

Quick question.  How far in advance do you know the terminal schedules at Port Everglades?  Right now, it only looks a couple weeks out.  My question is, say we were leaving on the Caribbean for the 10 night partial PC on December 18.  The Regal Princess is also in port that day.  Which ship would get Terminal 2?  When CB comes back, I believe it will be the only Princess ship, so I assume it would dock at Terminal 2 then, but is there a chance that it leaves from say 26 and comes back to 2?  If so, what's the best parking deck strategy?

Reason I ask is because we were on Regal in 2019 and went out of 2 (so we parked there), but when we returned, we berthed at 26 and I had to take an Uber over to the North deck as there didn't seem to be a shuttle.  Then I had to get the car and return to pick up the rest of my family, which required going back through the security.

I could always do parkngo, but I'd rather have covered parking for the car.

21 minutes ago, bmc alabama said:

Quick question.  How far in advance do you know the terminal schedules at Port Everglades?  Right now, it only looks a couple weeks out.  My question is, say we were leaving on the Caribbean for the 10 night partial PC on December 18.  The Regal Princess is also in port that day.  Which ship would get Terminal 2?  When CB comes back, I believe it will be the only Princess ship, so I assume it would dock at Terminal 2 then, but is there a chance that it leaves from say 26 and comes back to 2?  If so, what's the best parking deck strategy?

Reason I ask is because we were on Regal in 2019 and went out of 2 (so we parked there), but when we returned, we berthed at 26 and I had to take an Uber over to the North deck as there didn't seem to be a shuttle.  Then I had to get the car and return to pick up the rest of my family, which required going back through the security.

I could always do parkngo, but I'd rather have covered parking for the car.

Id CB is the only PCL ship arriving back to PE (I am guessing a mid-week day), then surely they will use T2, so I would park there.  Drop everyone and bags off at T2x and then just you drive to T2 parking garage and come back for check-in.  Rest of your party can get checked in and be seated waiting to board and you find them after you check in.  Keep your ID and docs!!!!!!

• Like 1

I would park in the deck where you disembark, and shuttle over to the embarkation pier. Another solution is to use off site parking and you will be shuttled to and from the ship. It is also possible that the Caribbean Princess could embark at pier 4.

11 minutes ago, skynight said:

I would park in the deck where you disembark, and shuttle over to the embarkation pier. Another solution is to use off site parking and you will be shuttled to and from the ship. It is also possible that the Caribbean Princess could embark at pier 4.

how far out will the definitive terminals be posted on the FLL/PE port schedule website? We have a somewhat similar situation ... on embarkation day, both CB and Emerald will be in port - but only CB will be returning on our disembarkation day

41 minutes ago, voljeep said:

how far out will the definitive terminals be posted on the FLL/PE port schedule website? We have a somewhat similar situation ... on embarkation day, both CB and Emerald will be in port - but only CB will be returning on our disembarkation day

I have used this website many times and it looks out a week ahead.

https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/

• Like 1

I have noticed, in the past, that the newest Princess ship usually gets Terminal 2. For example, when both Enchanted and Sky are both in port, Enchanted gets Terminal 2.  I’m sure there must have been exceptions, but this seems to be the norm. 

12 minutes ago, pilot said:

I have noticed, in the past, that the newest Princess ship usually gets Terminal 2. For example, when both Enchanted and Sky are both in port, Enchanted gets Terminal 2.  I’m sure there must have been exceptions, but this seems to be the norm. 

Normal is that 7 day repetitive weekly cruises that arrive/sail every Saturday or Sunday are assigned to pier 2 for the season. Ships doing 10 day voyages sail on various days. If they happen to be in port on a Saturday or Sunday then they are assigned to another pier. Princess can also use pier 4. I believe that two Royal Class ships will not fit into pier 2 and pier 4 at the same time, but a Royal Class and a Grand Class I think do fit.

Go to porteverglades.net - The official website.

Select Ship Schedule

Select Query

Use drop down arrow where it says next 7 days

Select show all

Enter start date in box, ie 11/01/2022

Select execute

You will then see all the pier assignments. December schedule for the Caribbean Princess is not yet shown. Only up to end of November at this time.

2 hours ago, skynight said:

Select Ship Schedule

Select Query

Select show all

Select execute

You will then see all the pier assignments. December schedule for the Caribbean Princess is not yet shown. Only up to end of November at this time.

Oh, that's right!  I forgot about changing the date range in a custom search.

14 hours ago, skynight said:

Select Ship Schedule

Select Query

Select show all

Select execute

what is showing for CB departing on 11/23? ( and Emerald also in port )

nevermind, but thanks - in and out 2

Edited by voljeep

18 minutes ago, voljeep said:

what is showing for CB departing on 11/23? ( and Emerald also in port )

nevermind, but thanks - in and out 2

Not certain what you are trying to say. On Nov. 23 Caribbean Princess is docked at pier 2 and the Emerald is at pier 19

15 minutes ago, skynight said:

Not certain what you are trying to say. On Nov. 23 Caribbean Princess is docked at pier 2 and the Emerald is at pier 19

and CB will return to 2 - so will be easy for us to park at 2 like we did for Regal in January

6 minutes ago, ksp819 said:

In January we parked in garage at terminal 2 not knowing we wouldn’t be returning to that terminal.  When we disembarked Princess provided shuttle buses to take us to terminal 2.  

happened to us before - didn't know enough to know to check pre-cruise ... the next time it happened we knew, and parked at parkngo at the port and used their shuttle

23 hours ago, skynight said:

Isn't Pier 4 being converted to a Disney exclusive terminal?

18 minutes ago, skynight said:

Appears so. Exclusive, Disney only?

2 hours ago, bmc alabama said:

Isn't Pier 4 being converted to a Disney exclusive terminal?

As of January 2022 Princess was still using it when a Royal class ship was docked at terminal 2.  We were on the Caribbean Princess that left from terminal 2 and returned to terminal 4 when the Enchanted Princess was at terminal 2.  Very convenient since the two terminals share the Heron Garage. 

As far as Disney adding Port Everglades as a second home port, that was approved by Broward County in April.  See https://disneycruiselineblog.com/2022/04/broward-approves-disney-terminal-design-contract-at-port-everglades-first-sailings-targeted-for-fall-2023/ for more information and plans:

During the April 5th Broward County Commission Meeting, the board approved Bermello, Ajamil & Partners, Inc. for design and consulting services to transform Port Everglades’ Cruise Terminal 4 into a second home for Disney Cruise Line.

Improvements to Cruise Terminal 4 and the adjacent berth will begin once the interior and exterior designs are complete. The entire project must be completed by Fall of 2023 when Disney Cruise Line sails for the first time from Port Everglades. 

See https://www.porteverglades.net/cruise/cruise-terminals/terminal-4/ for the current layout of terminal 4, which was revamped in the last few years.  I couldn't find a date for when construction of the Disney changes will begin..

• Thanks 1