Specialty Dining Available for booking - but not for using Dining Credits

canadarocks

Just noticed that Specialty Dining reservations are now open for our late January 2023 cruise. But unfortunately there's no option to use our HIA dining credits. Can I assume that it's a "work in progress" and they'll enable the feature soon? Are those of you sailing later this year able to use your credits to pre-book?

Also, unfortunately there is no option to pre-reserve the MDR at this point. 

Does it show that you have specialty dining credits to use? I booked them 5 months out on my iPad. Yet when I open my Navigator ap, it still shows I have dining credits available. Then when I look at my schedule on Navigator, each reservation is shown. 

From Itinerary, pick any day's Specialty Dining. All of the restaurants will show on next screen. On the left side is a box: See Availability. With a check-box for Complimentary Dining. When checked the number of restaurants drops -- for my Koningsdam cruise only Pinnacle Grill or Tamarind are available.

Enter date and time and then click which restaurant (I guess!). Although you'd think restaurant choice would be first...

5 minutes ago, 0106 said:

@crystalspinThanks, tried your suggested way but still not showing option for complimentary dining

if you wish to have Specialty Restaurant meals on two different nights, you do not have to use both complimentary dinners on the same night with HIA.  Book and pay in one person's name for the first night (only one diner) and in the other person's name for the second night (only one diner).  When you both arrive for the dinners, just tell the Maitre'd that you are being joined by another person who has a complimentary dining credit to use.  All of the tables will accommodate two persons so adding another person is not an issue. 

This method works well also for the two complimentary dinners for five-star Mariners.  Book for one person and the second person joins with their first complimentary meal.  Repeat by paying for alternating names for the remaining Specialty Restaurant nights.  This method means you do not have to wait until you are onboard to book.

The above methods work for me as long as I am not a solo.

• Like 2

Using my personal computer, I, like others, cannot book complimentary dining.  Even using the suggestions offered above, I am unable to complete this task.  The process requires that I charge my dining to my personal credit card.  I can understand why some people get frustrated with the Holland America Line website.

• Like 1

On my computer: I just booked the Pinnacle Grill for both of my Mexico cruises sailing Dec/Jan. I did one from the "Promotional Credit" box (the underlined word Dining) and one from the BEFORE YOU LEAVE box to the left (Book Dining bullet).  

Edited by crystalspin

17 hours ago, macaroni said:

How can you book with another couple for dining?

In order to use our individual complimentary credits from HIA all parties had to book separately. Figure we'll just tell the Maitre'D the day before that X, Y and Z would like a table together.