Are we at capacity?

Scoup

37 minutes ago, Scoup said:

Is there any way you can find out at what capacity your ship is booked?  Sailing the Breakaway on October 16, 2022.  Just wondering??

There are over 100 cabins available on your specific cruise (more than half balconies), so while not completely full, it could probably get there by the time mid-October rolls around.

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

According to the General Manager, Bri, this week, the Breakaway is sailing with over 4000 passengers (max capacity double occupancy is 3969). Our neighbor has 6 people in their room (mom, dad, and 4 older teens/younger 20s). 

6 in one cabin, that’s not I would call a vacation!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

9 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Most of the New England cruises are booked at over double occupancy capacity. 

False. I just looked up a random New England cruise on the Breakaway. I would say approximately 50% of the inventory is still available. No where near full. 

Another key indicator is pricing. If the ships were full, we wouldn't see pricing like this..........

image.png.19e1b4021484aeb67a6933c181c0a130.png

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

False. I just looked up a random New England cruise on the Breakaway. I would say approximately 50% of the inventory is still available. No where near full. 

Another key indicator is pricing. If the ships were full, we wouldn't see pricing like this..........

Industry has started hiring contractors to review cruise critic content. There are agreements in place between cruise critic and some lines.   Not sure whether or not they are allowed to post, but this really isn’t going to be the truth-sharing forum that it used to be.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Yep.  I've seen a LOT of evidence of excess capacity on NE cruises.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Most of the New England cruises are booked at over double occupancy capacity. 

I was looking at NE cruises for OCT.  Agree, it will sail at capacity by the looks of it.  Most of NCL’s cruises the last couple of months have.

And, no way I would sail with 6 in any balcony cabin, unless it’s a large Haven suite.  Even at that, I don’t think I would.

I love my family, my son, their offspring.  Don’t want to be in close quarters with them for a week, though.  We’d revert back to being teenagers.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, styxfire said:

Industry has started hiring contractors to review cruise critic content. There are agreements in place between cruise critic and some lines.   Not sure whether or not they are allowed to post, but this really isn’t going to be the truth-sharing forum that it used to be.

Very interesting. Where did you hear this? I'd love to read into it more.

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

I was looking at NE cruises for OCT.  Agree, it will sail at capacity by the looks of it.  Most of NCL’s cruises the last couple of months have.

This seems to be yet more fake news.  If you truly looked at the inventory you would have seen that the ship looks far less than 50% booked. You should also realize October is one of the slowest sailing months of the year making it very unlikely that there will be a rush to book last minute. Finally, even Del Rio stated he didn't expect ships to sail more than 80% this fall and we all know he over-estimates.

10 hours ago, CptAleSpill said:

Yep.  I've seen a LOT of evidence of excess capacity on NE cruises.

Of course; anyone who has actually looked a the inventory realizes there is an excess. I just ran October 16th for the OP. The site I am using only shows a max of 15 cabins per category. So when you see 15 it is very safe to assume that there are many more cabins actually available to book.

Sept 16th:

Studio: The Maximum number of cabins my site shows are still available.

Family Interior I4: Still has Max cabins available

Inside IB: still has Max cabins available

Inside IA: still has Max cabins available

Of the inside categories only IF & IC are showing there are rooms booked.

Of the outside categories, only OB and OA are showing there are rooms booked.

Family Oceanview (O5) still has the Max cabins available.

Of the balcony cabins, only B6, B9, and Sunset Balconies show rooms booked

Balcony B4 still has Max cabins available

Balcony B6 still has the Maximum cabins available

Balcony BA still has the Max cabins available

Of the Club balcony cabins only MB, M6, M9 show that there are rooms booked.

Club Balcony MR still has max cabins available to book

Club balcony MA still shows the max cabins available to book

Haven shows well booked with limited availability, but this is a very small percentage of total cabins available. Based on the above, I would estimate that the Breakaway is currently less than 50% booked for the October 16th sailing. A cursory glance at October 23 and October 30th shows even more inventory available. 

I will be absolutely shocked if October sailings go out anywhere near fully booked but will be more than happy to revisit this thread when it's all said and done. Unlike many who like to fill these boards with inaccurate predictions, I have no problem going back and admitting when I was incorrect. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Of course; anyone who has actually looked a the inventory realizes there is an excess. I just ran October 16th for the OP. The site I am using only shows a max of 15 cabins per category. So when you see 15 it is very safe to assume that there are many more cabins actually available to book.

I've found the exact same thing.  Also, prices have plummeted on some fall NE cruises.  That is certainly NOT a sign of rapid bookings.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Scoup said:

Is there any way you can find out at what capacity your ship is booked?  Sailing the Breakaway on October 16, 2022.  Just wondering??

I’m on this sailing been booked for months, and checking inventory weekly on a site I’ve used for years that shows inventory up to 100 not 15, two categories BA and BB continue to show a 10 plus available as they have since I booked this May, definitely not as empty as my early May Joy sailing to Bermuda, insides about a 110 left and clubs like at 50 plus but lots of cabins still available 

21 hours ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

I’m on this sailing been booked for months, and checking inventory weekly on a site I’ve used for years that shows inventory up to 100 not 15, two categories BA and BB continue to show a 10 plus available as they have since I booked this May, definitely not as empty as my early May Joy sailing to Bermuda, insides about a 110 left and clubs like at 50 plus but lots of cabins still available 

Can you PLEASE share/hint at this site that shows up to 100 cabins? I've been logged in as a TA and can't even see 100 cabins at a time.

People have suggested it's one of the big box stores, and I agree, they do show more than 15 cabins per deck, but it's still limited to 15 cabins per category per deck.

I'm begging and would be Extremely Grateful!! 🙂 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2022 at 12:22 AM, styxfire said:

Are you drunk? High? Please, please prove me wrong and cite some sort of legit source. Please! 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2022 at 12:04 AM, BermudaBound2014 said:

image.png.19e1b4021484aeb67a6933c181c0a130.png

Whoa! I've gotta go take a look at this...let me guess, by suite this means Club Balcony, not Haven. 😞

So I am on the Getaway September 29th out of Port Canaveral, 9 night cruise and there is plenty of inventory. With the exception of Haven being sold out and spa balconies, I looked up my sailing and did a mock booking. each section say deck 14 forward had the 15 available cabins showing, then i went to aft and the same, I did this for every balcony deck and the only section sometimes didn't show the 15 was midship. so just balconies say from deck 8 to deck 14 showing 30 cabins empty each deck is currently 180 empty balconies. This is 1 month prior to sail date. I have a feeling will be well below capacity and also think a lot of inside to Balcony upgrades will be won, 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Are you drunk? High? Please, please prove me wrong and cite some sort of legit source. Please! 

There is no legit source.  It’s just noise, like some who have little in the way of experience with NCL.

Those of us who have sailed and shopped NCL, who have lots of experience with NCL, know how they work.  Depending on category, they do dynamic pricing that changes frequently so they maximize revenue while filling the ship.

If there’s a category they need to ramp up, they will change pricing to reflect that.  It can and does change regularly.  Looking at the NE cruises in Oct, Haven fares are high.  That tells me inventory is low for that category.  Inside cabin fares are low.  Tells me they have some inventory they want to move in that category.  

It’s super rare any cruise line, on any ship (save the specialty ones), are close to capacity over a month out from sailing. 

On line at the WEB site isn’t accurate.  Call your PCC or your TA and ask what’s available.  They have a more accurate look on what’s going on.

Looking at Sept sailings to NE, I see the Spa Category sold out on one of the sailings.  Inside cabins are going for $1,000 per couple on some.  That’s high.

I think you’ll find capacity to be tighter than you think.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

There is no legit source.  It’s just noise, like some who have little in the way of experience with NCL.

Those of us who have sailed and shopped NCL, who have lots of experience with NCL, know how they work.  Depending on category, they do dynamic pricing that changes frequently so they maximize revenue while filling the ship.

If there’s a category they need to ramp up, they will change pricing to reflect that.  It can and does change regularly.  Looking at the NE cruises in Oct, Haven fares are high.  That tells me inventory is low for that category.  Inside cabin fares are low.  Tells me they have some inventory they want to move in that category.  

It’s super rare any cruise line, on any ship (save the specialty ones), are close to capacity over a month out from sailng,

Noooooooooo!!!!! Frankie boy said they won't offer discounts! This just can't happen. 

I was curious about my cruise starting on Saturday, so went through every option and every deck. There sure are a lot of vacant rooms. I'd venture to guess 50% of interior and oceanview rooms are vacant. Almost all the aft balcony (non-Haven) rooms are vacant. Perhaps 40% of Club Balconies are vacant and a good number of regular balconies are vacant (not sure of number there). I think a lot of people will be happy with their upgrades starting in a couple of days. 

But really, if anyone takes Frankie boy at his word (does anyone?) they just need to look at cruises after final payment date. They'll quickly realize what a speaker of mistruth he is. 

• Like 1