Hotel Assignment in Miami Question

Avidtravler

We just found out that we have been assigned by Regent to stay at the Hyatt Regency Coral Gables for our pre-boarding night in Miami. This is for our February cruise on the Splendor. Also was surprised to  learn that the hotel has no dinner restaurant. Has anyone stayed at this hotel? Would appreciate your comments about the hotel and it's location. Would also appreciate any suggestions on a restaurant not to be missed for dinner nearby the hotel. Not choosy on the type of food.

18 hours ago, Avidtravler said:

We just found out that we have been assigned by Regent to stay at the Hyatt Regency Coral Gables for our pre-boarding night in Miami. This is for our February cruise on the Splendor. Also was surprised to  learn that the hotel has no dinner restaurant. Has anyone stayed at this hotel? Would appreciate your comments about the hotel and it's location. Would also appreciate any suggestions on a restaurant not to be missed for dinner nearby the hotel. Not choosy on the type of food.

I just looked and they actually do have a dinner restaurant- Bar 50.

A link to their menu:

https://www.hyatt.com/content/dam/hotel/propertysites/assets/regency/coral/documents/en_us/dining/bar-50/Bar_50_FULL_M.pdf

We stayed here before our cruise in February.  Our flight arrived in the evening (around 8pm IIRC) so we just ate at the bar (which has a full menu (see previous post) and was more than adequate).  But if you get in earlier, within a five minute walk there are a bunch of outdoor cafes.  Most looked pretty touristy but there was a good variety of different kinds of cuisines to choose from.  

For a pre-cruise hotel, it was fine (although others on our cruise were put up at the Intercontinental and/or the Mandarin Oriental which would probably have been preferable).  The one thing I would do again if I stayed here would have been to just take a Lyft or Uber to the cruise terminal; the Regent shuttle was pretty crowded and not terribly well-organized.    

Enjoy your cruise!

We stayed at the Coral Gables last February.  It was just ok.  But, as rkaratsu said.....the Regent shuttle to the ship was a bit of a cluster.  I would take uber if I had to do it again.  I would also probably take the hotel credit and book myself at a different hotel.

We walked the 5 minutes to the outdoor restaurant area and had a great meal at CRAFT.  They had both inside and outside seating,  we sat outside.  It is an easy easy walk and lots of restaurants.

We just received our hotel info for our upcoming Feb cruise and we are in the Intercontinental, which I am pleased about.

We just received our hotel information today for our cruise in March. Was hoping for the Mandarin, but got the Intercontinental. Not really disappointed though, been to the Intercontinental before and enjoyed the stay. I have a Disney cruise in December as well that I booked the Intercontinental for two nights prior. 

13 hours ago, carolina cruisin said:

Has anyone stayed at the Carillon Wellness Resort in Miami Beach?  Look like that is where we will be heading in Feb

We are sailing in February as well, and have been assigned this hotel too. In past cruises we have stayed at the Hyatt Regency in Coral Gables and at the Four Seasons in Miami. We'll be sailing on the Splendor in a cat A PH.

Il Gabbiano is a very quick cab/uber from the Mandarin.   Incredible Italian with a great view right on the water, not cheap though.   It's our standard stop pre cruise.   

Last time Regent booked us at the Mandarin, our TA was able to get us upgraded to a 1br suite with a balcony at no charge.    

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Snore42 said:

Last time Regent booked us at the Mandarin, our TA was able to get us upgraded to a 1br suite with a balcony at no charge.    

Thank you for the recommendation. So what did your TA have to do to pull that off - the US TAs seem to be able to offer more perks than the UK ones and of course we have a very different booking system with regards to cancellations etc. 😁

Our  US based TA has very strong relationships with GMs at specific hotels around the world.   Mandarin in Miami it so happened she knew. 

Although we don't get the big refunds from our TA, like others do, our TA certainly takes care of us during our trips in other ways.  This being one example.   Upgrades like this are never expected, but certainly appreciated and valued when booking through them.   

• Like 1

We are in the Mandarin Oriental for our December cruise on the Splendor. We booked a year and a half ago, so that may be why we got the M.O. What I am wondering about is our Son who will accompany us on this trip. He will still be 17 and so qualifies for the special kid's rate on the sailing. We did have to pay for his airfare and a small additional amount for the hotel. Does anybody have any idea what the hotel will do with us? A room with two queen beds would be OK for the one pre-cruise night, but I don't see that as an option on the Mandarin Oriental web site. Suites are very pricy.

• 2 weeks later...

It is strange how and when Regent books the pre-cruise hotel. As people have mentioned here in this thread they are 4 months out without a Hotel assignment while our next cruise with Regent in November 2023 out of Barcelona already has a hotel assignment, the Intercontinental. 

• Like 1

On 8/28/2022 at 3:10 PM, rkaratsu said:

We stayed here before our cruise in February.  Our flight arrived in the evening (around 8pm IIRC) so we just ate at the bar (which has a full menu (see previous post) and was more than adequate).  But if you get in earlier, within a five minute walk there are a bunch of outdoor cafes.  Most looked pretty touristy but there was a good variety of different kinds of cuisines to choose from.  

For a pre-cruise hotel, it was fine (although others on our cruise were put up at the Intercontinental and/or the Mandarin Oriental which would probably have been preferable).  The one thing I would do again if I stayed here would have been to just take a Lyft or Uber to the cruise terminal; the Regent shuttle was pretty crowded and not terribly well-organized.    

Enjoy your cruise!

I had no idea that different hotels are assigned for the same sailing!! Has anyone else had this experience?