New Promo Starting 9/1?

mike&elena

7 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

There will be a new promotion starting 9/1 ending 10/31.   It will include beverage package, WiFi and gratuities and $100 per person shore excursion credit.  New bookings only,

How do you find out about these things?

Thinking of booking British isles tomorrow.. if I were your friend would you tell me to wait? 

Edited by muffin
Delete please. Realize this may cause a problem for agents
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Shelly97060 said:

There will be a new promotion starting 9/1 ending 10/31.   It will include beverage package, WiFi and gratuities and $100 per person shore excursion credit.  New bookings only,

Thanks for the info!  Other than the OBC, this sounds like the standard Princess Plus package.  Am I missing something?

• Like 2

Just now, mike&elena said:

Thanks for the info!  Other than the OBC, this sounds like the standard Princess Plus package.  Am I missing something?

That’s how it sounds to me as well. Maybe Princess Plus at the Standard fare rate? We won’t know until we see the actual prices on the 1st. 

• Like 2

Okay, is a HOLD an existing booking?  I am thinking that is the way to be able to go with the best fare?  Place a HOLD, then decide.  Do they make sure it is a new booking?

We have a booking, for the two of us,   So 3rd and 4th guests free doesn't help the two of us.  But we went ahead and booked, as there was a discounted rate showing when we log into our account.  We are, for the first time, going with the Plus Package.  Which could really help.

So, is there any way to change to the new promo with the Plus Package, if it is better than what we currently have?  Would we have to cancel by tomorrow, so there is no current booking showing?  Or could we cancel when the new Promo starts. 

We have paid some money on the booking, but I don't know if Princess can just apply that, or would have to refund it to the method of payments?  Credit card and Princess Cards.   

9 minutes ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

Okay, is a HOLD an existing booking?  I am thinking that is the way to be able to go with the best fare?  Place a HOLD, then decide.  Do they make sure it is a new booking?

We have a booking, for the two of us,   So 3rd and 4th guests free doesn't help the two of us.  But we went ahead and booked, as there was a discounted rate showing when we log into our account.  We are, for the first time, going with the Plus Package.  Which could really help.

So, is there any way to change to the new promo with the Plus Package, if it is better than what we currently have?  Would we have to cancel by tomorrow, so there is no current booking showing?  Or could we cancel when the new Promo starts. 

We have paid some money on the booking, but I don't know if Princess can just apply that, or would have to refund it to the method of payments?  Credit card and Princess Cards.   

If you like the new promo, you just cancel and re-book.  If you booked with FCD's, make sure the expiry date has not passed before you cancel.  If you cancel and get deposit back, you then make the booking under the new promotion.  

Personally, the $100 excursion credit is of no more use to us than the 3rd/4th person free. 

Only two things we can use is when they do the cabin category promo free to get xB and pay for xF.  Or getting SD Credits.  Not a lot of money either way, but seems to be about the best Princess is doing anymore, as seems rare to get cash OBC.  OH, I forgot... I did catch an EZ-Air promo on one of our current voyages where we got $100 credit on airfare (supposedly).  That is useful to us.

• Like 1

I am interested to see if the Excursion Credit is the same for shorter or longer cruises.

I know that a lot of people do not like the ships excursions, but there is one that we would use this for.

The Plus Package is probably worth more than any increase in fare.  We had added this to our cruise.  We don't usually do a package, but on this one, we thought it might be be good to have.

51 minutes ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

I am interested to see if the Excursion Credit is the same for shorter or longer cruises.

I know that a lot of people do not like the ships excursions, but there is one that we would use this for.

The Plus Package is probably worth more than any increase in fare.  We had added this to our cruise.  We don't usually do a package, but on this one, we thought it might be be good to have.

Did you add the plus package after booking? And if so, how do you do that?

We did go ahead and book with it.   Even though we have not done that before.

I know that is shows the Plus when you price and book, but I don't think you don''t have to do that right then.  I think you can do that at almost any time.  (unless maybe I am wrong on that?).  You would probably contact the person who made your booking, either Princess or your TA.  It is pretty simple at 50.00 per person per day.  which would cover the gratuities and then get you the beverage package at a discounted rate.   I think it figures out that it pays when you have like 3 or 4 coffees, soda, waters, and alcoholic beverages per day.  

• Thanks 1

So does this mean that there may be a price increase with the new promo?  Looking to book but I am waiting for a new credit card to come in the mail.  It’s a 2022 cruise that requires full payment at booking time.  

Edited by jp2746

No crystal ball!!!  But, I would imagine that the fare would go up some since they are now including the perks.    I don't know if they have ever offered this kind of sale while still maintaining the lowest rates or not.  Sometimes the new promos don't really save as much as you would hope?

It would probably help if anyone was going to pay for the package.

Maybe put the booking on a complimentary hold?

You have tomorrow to check with Princess or your TA and decide.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

No crystal ball!!!  But, I would imagine that the fare would go up some since they are now including the perks.    I don't know if they have ever offered this kind of sale while still maintaining the lowest rates or not.  Sometimes the new promos don't really save as much as you would hope?

It would probably help if anyone was going to pay for the package.

Maybe put the booking on a complimentary hold?

You have tomorrow to check with Princess or your TA and decide.

I think that is what I will do.  The card was supposed to be here today so hopefully it will come tomorrow.  I looked at putting it on hold right now but it only holds it until tomorrow. I’ll check tomorrow.  I am not adding any perks, just the base fare and a third person but they are not free.  

46 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

So does this mean that there may be a price increase with the new promo?  Looking to book but I am waiting for a new credit card to come in the mail.  It’s a 2022 cruise that requires full payment at booking time.  

New sales promos may not include a near-term voyage (i.e. one inside FP Date).  Those ones either have nothing or the Drop 'n' Go promo code.

19 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

I think that is what I will do.  The card was supposed to be here today so hopefully it will come tomorrow.  I looked at putting it on hold right now but it only holds it until tomorrow. I’ll check tomorrow.  I am not adding any perks, just the base fare and a third person but they are not free.  

Where are you from?  Courtesy holds run for THREE days in North America.

I have goodwill credits that I have to use before the end of the year.  We would rather cruise in January but they will not extend them and it would make me physically ill to lose them. 🙂

The funny thing is that they gave us goodwill credits in the amount of our cruise ticket.  My son was $1 because we booked him under that promo so he has $1 of goodwill credits.  It kind of stinks since these credits were basically an "I'm sorry" for canceling your cruise one hour before departure.  I would love to get the same price I paid originally!  It was the first time that I ever wished I had overpaid for a cruise! lol