Dinner sitting, early or late?

Bedruthen

Going transatlantic eastbound NY to Southampton on QM2. Just a few random questions about seating at dinner, given that early is fixed and late is now anytime dining.

I know the clocks change at midday so I'm wondering particularly if 6pm dining will feel too early.

Which sitting do people currently prefer and why? Which is the more popular choice?

How easy is it to get a table for two on 6pm fixed seating ?  I know it can be allocated according to date booked, but I was wondering if there are more tables for two now available given the changes for Covid.

Anytime dining. Same question. Will I have to start queuing at some ridiculous time to secure a table for two or can I request it on the first night as a regular arrangement. 

Any recent experiences to share would be welcome , thank you

48 minutes ago, Bedruthen said:

Going transatlantic eastbound NY to Southampton on QM2. Just a few random questions about seating at dinner, given that early is fixed and late is now anytime dining.

I know the clocks change at midday so I'm wondering particularly if 6pm dining will feel too early.

Which sitting do people currently prefer and why? Which is the more popular choice?

How easy is it to get a table for two on 6pm fixed seating ?  I know it can be allocated according to date booked, but I was wondering if there are more tables for two now available given the changes for Covid.

Anytime dining. Same question. Will I have to start queuing at some ridiculous time to secure a table for two or can I request it on the first night as a regular arrangement. 

Any recent experiences to share would be welcome , thank you

If one is seeking total time flexibility with the same table (for two) every breakfast, lunch and dinner, without any time or queueing angst, then book BC.

• Like 1

Early or late is obviously something very personal.

On most cruises early seating is more popular. Very roughly, more Americans prefer early, more Europeans late.

Post Covid IT seems to be easy to get tables for two.

• Like 2

We take early seating because we like to dance the night away. If we had tea we usually skipped dinner. We rarely linger over our meals, but eating earlier gives us a chance to do it if we so choose and still have time to get to other activities. 

We eat early at home, as well so it isn’t anything new. I’ve only just discovered the late night (11PM-1AM ish?) dining in King’s Court, so if we are peckish after dancing the night away that will be an option.

• Like 1