Will Regatta be stopping in Ensenda

kibutzer

I see I'm not the only one that leaves out the A. I was telling my wife this morning I always have to stop and think how to spell it. 

I'll get back with you with an answer to your original question on Sept 10. 

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

What is the advisory about ?

There is always something  due to crime there

Have been following recent issue as we are scheduled there on Regent Mariner in October. Gangs/cartels announced they were going to riot this past weekend unless their gang members were released from jail and told people to stay off the streets. Some cruise lines cancelled stops. Sounded like a temporary crisis. 

Oh my.  When I was a youngster into my teen years (living in L.A.) we frequently went down to Ensenada twice a year. I loved those vacations.  We always stayed at Papagayo, a few miles out of town.  Right on the beach but they also had a pool.  Mostly they had two bedroom cottages but also some motel rooms.

Fishmongers came by selling fresh lobsters which my Mom would cook for dinner.  Our dog loved swimming in the ocean. The pebbles leading down to the beach sometimes cut up his toes but he never cared.

We had friends staying IN Ensenada one summer and we went into their hotel.  "Are there any Freibergs here?"

"Oh, absolutely", was the answer.

Then he said, "Er, What's a Freiberg?"

It was so peaceful there in the 1950s ... I just googled the Ensenada Papagayo and it looks like they've become a hotel IN Ensenada ... sad for me.  I'd have loved to go back to the place I remembered.

Maybe it's no longer safe outside of town ... Just a guess from what I've seen above ...

Mura

Mura